main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY OT: Any Stargate Fans in here??

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jediwoman, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey all,

Yes, this is off topic and yes it's kind of a plug.. LOL. But, I was wondering if there are any Fanforce people here who are also fans of the movie/TV show Stargate or Stargate SG-1. I'm sure a few of you have
    at least heard of it.

Well, the reason I ask is because I have recently formed a Stargate Team in this area, the first one ever. The fan base for this TV show is huge, but most of it is still underground; it's just simply not
    talked about the way Alias is or any other TV show, but it's growing. For a while now, there have been many people talking about starting up Jaffa Legions in the country and around the world if it ever gets big enough. For those of you who know the show, you know what a Jaffa is, if not, dont worry about it. LOL. And if you dont wanna be a bad guy, then you would join an SG Team. Thanks to my interest, there's now a 7 member team in this area, and the existence of that allows the organization to be national. Every region in the continental US is now accounted for with it's own team! :)

Keep in mind, this entire club is still in its infantile state. Most, as you can tell, do not even know of it's existence. But if anyone is at all interested in joining a team, (if you're in this area, you'll
    be a member of SG-2, I am the captain) then I encourage you to visit www.SG-Command.net That is the main website for the club. I am
    registered there as Jediwoman, so if you're interested, send me a PM and I can fill you in further.

The whole thing is really low key right now and is not very demanding of your time. A costume is not necessary to join. It's just for people who love Stargate and want to be part of something bigger than themselves with it. :)

Thanks a bunch for your time. I really appreciate it. :)

-Tanya
    aka Tanya Jade
    ECG/RL/MEPA/Trooper Groupie
    SG-2 Captain

2. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    Off-topic? Bah! Here, there's no such thing. There are people posting topics here like what's your favorite donut, after all..... (Wait a sec....that's me.) Anyway, back to the topic at hand........

Anyone who's willing to buy...what's it been, five?......versions of Stargate (the movie) on DVD is certainly a fan I can respect. Though they're reaching a point where the next edition will be called Stargate: The Extra-Special Super-Duper Ultimate Bells & Whistles Satisfaction Guaranteed Or Double Your Money Back Edition.

Haven't had much of a chance to see the show, and I'm a little bitter at it being at least a partial reason for Farscape's demise on the SciFi channel, but I have friends who are really into it and eventually I'll check it out. I'll pass along word about the club to them, though. Live long and prosper......or love long and party.......or not.

:)

3. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I watched Stargate on-and-off for the first four seasons, before "Parker Lewis" joined the cast.
    "Window of Opportunity" is still my favorite episode; you know, time loop, mustard and ketchup smiley face, WACKO! :D

4. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Wasn't that the movie with that "guy" from the Crying Game?

5. Jediwoman

Jediwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Crying Game? Man, it's been yeeeaaaars since I"ve seen that movie. I can't even recall who was in it, but Russel Crowe and James SPader were the two main guys in the movie Stargate. in the TV show, Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks (soooo cute! LOL) took on their roles. It's a really cool show, it's in it's 8th season already. yay!!! LOL.

-Tanya

6. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Actually, it wasn't Russel Crowe in the movie

It was Kurt Russel as Colon Jack O'Neil, suicidal Mental case send to blow up the other side of the Stargate.

I would be interested, but between this, and GI JOE, I don't think I have the time or money for another costume lol, Not for a while, I already have to put off the Battlestar Galactica costume. :(

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    but between this, and GI JOE

Ed,

What GI JOE costume are you doing?

John

8. Luck

Luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    I like star gate byt in my country, television haven't played Star Gate for 3-4 years. I saw only 1st and 2nd series.

9. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    John, I'm doing Mutt From the original Small fingure line. The God Handler Character.

WWW.GIJOECostumers.com

10. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Ed,
    Nice. Im thinking of doing Wild Bill from the original line. I think I have a Stetson Hat in my basement that could pass and my brother has 2 Original US CAV ones from Vietnam Era.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.