main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OT: AVATAR SCREENING TONIGHT (12.17.09)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I have a pass for two. The screening is 7pm at Bridgeport Village. Whoever wants to see this movie with me needs to contact me ASAP. Call me at work, or email me tavrikgannon@gmail.com to get the details on where to meet up and such. Best to be there early. I plan on being there at around 6pm, since they give out more tickets than they have seats to ensure a full house. First come, firse serve so if you want to go let me know ASAP!

Again, that is a chance to see the movie AVATAR at the Bridgeport Village Theatre TONIGHT at 7pm and you need to contact me immediately if you want to go.

Thanks!

- Bill

2. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Good movie. Highly recommend it, even though it is 2.5 hours long, it is very well worth it! 3-D special effects were amazing. The story was very good - which is why it was 2.5 hours long, it wasn't rushed and I think they did it right telling the story.

It was be extremely unfortunate if this didn't win some academy awards. This movie is very deserving of it. James Cameron really outdid himself, this time!

A++ Must see!

- Bill

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Bummer !! I didn't see this post until now. I hope it was a good movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I honestly don't think you will be disappointed, my friend!

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I might see it this weekend. Looks like a great movie!

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Saw it, and loved it! The soundtrack is great as well!

7. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002

Everyone was sucked in with the amazing picture and special effects, but the movie in and of itself wasn't that great beyond the fancy pretty graphics. It was a cool movie and it had the potential to be awesome. But it was a regurgitated plot.

But eh, who am I to argue with fancy eye-candy. *looks up at the angry mob about to defend their candy coated movie*

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Candy coated? Candy coated.... she did not just say that, did she? Candy coated, my shebes! While you may have a point about it being a movie that is heavily laden with sfx, to say that this film wasn't great beyond the fancy pretty graphics, and it had potential to be awesome, but was a reguritated plot is a stretch in my humble opinion. Sure, this movie rocked the tree-hugger / environmentally friendly themes, but this was an instant classic. James Cameron had outdone himself when he created this masterpiece and deserves every award that he earns for it.

This was actually one of those movies that had a plot and didn't have to rely on the sfx to tell the story. The fact that it was heavily laden with them is moot, since everyone does it now. And why not? If the technology is there, then by all means use it!

I really don't think James Cameron could have done anything more, or better to produce such a classic as this!

Regurgitated? Heh. Had potential to be awesome? Heh. Your appreciation of the fine arts are lost to me! :p

- Bill

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I agree that the plot was simple, but it made sense in the end. Cameron overachieved on the movie, and it should be regarded as a great movie despite it being a bit more SFX oriented than plot.

10. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  11. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh for reference I have nothing against the effects, they were amazing indeed.

12. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I finally saw Avatar for the first time last week........It was great !!

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray this month. :D

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I just got it on Blue Ray.....awesome !!

15. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I will watch Avatar ...eventually.

-ImpJ

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002

Pssst....it's not that good...[face_shhh]

http://joeynovak.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg

You FAIL at good movie, Avatar.

17. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Actually, it was VERY Good.

18. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    i work with a couple self proclaimed movie critics and usually the flix they say are good are crap and the ones they say suck dont. they say clash of the titans was lame and the 3D sucked they say avatar had the best 3D effects in any movie EVER!!!! so what does that tell me?? Im not gonna rush out to see avatar but titans on the other hand....

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    well, if it's any judge... usually watching a movie on a big screen or in the theater makes it better, right? But if it's a good movie, shouldn't you enjoy watching it no matter where you are? (why? because it's a good movie) So I watched it on my computer the first time I saw it and it was crap. So what that told me was: everyone went out to the theater to see it, were totally stunned by the IN YOUR FACE BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS that "I" personally did not get to experience but because of that were blinded to the judgement of the movie as a whole. While I, watching it from my little camripped computer screen, was able to filter out the eye candy and watch the movie as if it were stripped of all the things that make it good in the first place. And really, half way into it I was bored as heck flipping through other pages on the internet a few times but still endured to the end so that I could see a very predictable uninteresting plot unfold. I guess tall blue aliens sucking each others face off and tall blue aliens getting in fights with stupid armed forces wasn't interesting enough to me. But yeah, that's just me.

I'll tell ya what, I'll go see Clash of the Titans soon(because that looks pretty sweet) and let you know what I thought, hahaha...

20. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    While I didn't care for the heavily laden politics that Cameron was conveying in Avatar, I did enjoy the movie. Clash of th Titans was really good, too, in my humble opinion. But then again, I think it has been pretty well established, that I am easily entertained. I mean, come on... I love Jar Jar Binks!

- Bill

21. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    dude just like ebert and roper LOL DUDE JOKING!!!!!!! definatly tell me what you think of titans jade and a friend of mine just told me hes got avatar on blue ray....i didnt drive to albany to watch LOL

22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    But then again, you didn't like the Christmas Special.

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ewww..... don't ever speak of that evil, again! :p

- Bill

24. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I saw Clash of the Titans a few weeks ago. I liked it and it was a lot of fun. I read that it wasn't filmed in 3D, so they did a "fake" 3D treatment in post. I didn't notice. >.> I really enjoyed the "floor" of Olympus, it was really beautiful, and I was more impressed with the scorpions rather than Pegasus as the most awesome mode of transportation. I watched the old version not too long after, and it is pretty interesting to compare.

-IJedi

25. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I loved Clash of the Titans. The original was one of my favorites, growing up. So, I had high expectations for this latest version to live up to the original classic.

In some ways it was better than the original, and in some ways it wasn't. But I agree, this latest version was pretty epic!

I caught the midnight showing of Iron Man 2, Thursday Night. All I can say is that this was an awesome movie. Probably the best movie so far, from the Marvel camp. Everybody's performance was pretty solid, including Mickey Rourk! Although, I wasn't too impressed with Don Cheadle, as James Rhodes. But it was definitely an kick @$$ movie. Definitely a "must-see" movie!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.