main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: Blizzard Entertainment books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Originally Blizzard had three books scheduled for each of their three franchises. Now there's only one Diablo book with the second indefinitely pushed back, and two of the other two franchises. Did they cancel the series?

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    They were supposed to write a StarCraft series. Was that canceled as well?

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Only 2 books, and 1 e-book for starcraft. Of course all 3 are stand alones I've heard so it's not like, they cancelled a series on a cliffhanger, I guess.

4. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    What's this got to do with Star Wars?

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It has to do with "Literature Forums".

6. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah, but isn't this a "Star Wars" literature forum?

7. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    It is actually just a "Literature Forum".

The admins allow it to be so. I've seen them put up non-sw book threads themselves.

Star Wars are not the only books, and there is a world of great literature out there(as well as escapist lit). So they get discussed her in lit by admins and members alike.

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I read Warcraft: Day of the Dragon, but haven't been interested in going on to the second novel.
    I felt as though the Warcraft novel series would have been more interesting if they transpired during the war and used main characters from the games. Instead, the first novel dealt with an arrogant mage (who I couldn't stand), an elf ranger (who was obviously forced by the author to develop feelings for the mage), a gryphon-riding dwarf (who was pretty funny by the end or so), and Deathwing.
    The latter is what kept me reading the book, even though I felt he wasn't being portrayed as he should have been.

I didn't like it. I think they should just have done novelizations of the actual game scenarios. And they didn't include a map. I mean, c'mon...They couldn't have just taken one of the maps from the game manual?

And don't get me started on the cover art... :mad:

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    There was 1 eBook each for WarCraft, StarCraft, and Diablo. There were two WarCraft books, 2 StarCraft, and 1 Diablo. The Diablo Book, the first WarCraft book and the second StarCraft book were original. The Second WarCraft book was based on cancelled game Lord of the Clans, but the story is incomplete, they'd need another book to finish it. The first StarCraft book is based on one of the campaigns in the game.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've picked up the first two StarCraft books but I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I hope they continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.