main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto OT: Check this out, comic fans!!!!!(!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TopGun2001, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

Sorry for the non-sw related post, but I strongly felt that everyone should hear about this so-called "manga" that the good folks at Associated Press just alerted me to the existence-of this morning:

http://www.canoe.ca/JamBooks/nov7_manga-ap.html

Sometimes they're just romantic and silly!

Move over, Darkhawk! Hit the road, ROM!!! It looks like this so-called "manga" is here to stay!!!!!
    :D

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Its Pearl Harbor in the comic industry...

;)

3. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Ye humble city rep predicted back in '95 that Japanese comics would muscle American comics out of the market within 15 years.

Given the gianormous amount of material the Japanese have to import and its comparitive quality to work produced here - I figured the only thing that had kept them from doing so previously was that our comics market didn't even make a blip on their radars. But they know we're here now. They know they're better. They know the acceptance of their work is increasing. The glut has begun.

From what I understand, Shonen Jump will soon begin publication in America. 256 pages each month for $4.95US. Marvel and DC will never know what hit them.

Of course - now we have to worry about Dragon Ball Z possessing our children

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    *shrugs* Darkhawks always a fav for me. Nothing beats good ol` violence cept maybe MORE good ol`violence.

5. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Sio Bibble;

"Its madness I say. There hasn`t been a full scale war since the cancellation of Barney..."

6. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Best manga EVER!! (imho)

www.dragon-mango.com

plus its local underfunded talent! support! support!!

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    *sighs*As if you and Kat didn`t fund Mango Dragon enough at SFX.

8. Darth_Advantus

Darth_Advantus Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    Manga comics are great and the videos are even better....although once in a while I like the HENTAI lol.

Maybe Stan Lee should start working on his chopstick skills and think about relocating to Tokyo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.