main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH OT...computer problems

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    i probably shouldn't be posting this here, but this is one of the ONLY webpages that i haven't had problems with, INCLUDING MY EMAIL

I am haveing computer problems, possibly a virus. Most of the webpages i've been hitting today, and late last night have all been with little or no text. I can highlight the text and some of the letters show up, but still not all of them, and if i try to highlight again, i can see different letters. I also am having problems opening up my avery label guest list word document, it does somewhat the same thing, alot of the text is missing.

I tried to view sorce on some of the webpages, and i could see all the text there fine...

can anyone help me, any suggestions, ahhhh!!!

help me jedimike, youre my only hope? maybe, maybe someone else has some ideas....

i hope this problem doesn't start affecting the message board, cause it hasn't yet

2. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    :( oh man, that sux. Do you have Norton's Anti Virus? If you don't then you might want to install it. it might be too late, but it could work. Also you might try installing a firewall. Those things really work. I don't know if that will help you now, but if it doesn't then I really recomend it after you get this fixed. Good luck!

3. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    i don't have any anti-virus programs, my older version of nortons doesn't work with XP. :{

4. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    *winces* that really sucks. I know they have the newest version of Norton working w/ XP @ my school... you might wanna try that. good luck!
    ~Mara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.