main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT OT Deleted Scenes on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Nub, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Joe_Garelli

Joe_Garelli Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2007
    I am suprised you failed to mention Luke and Bigg's scene together at Anchorhead, even if most people know about the scene by now it is still important and nice to see Luke and Bigg's together and Luke was the loser of his group too.

You also left out the Darth Vader scene where he goes to see the Emperor Palpatine and is blocked by the Royal Guard's and force chokes them although i think they might be part of the Moff Jeerjodd scenes, nice to see someone defy Darth Vader and pay the price for it.

The biggest mistake that George Lucas made was not including the scene where Luke in the Rancor's pitt jumps up and grabs hold of the metal grate and tries to cross hand over hand to avoid the Rancor only to have his hands get stomped on and be forced to fall down, you can catch the tail end of this scene during the movie itself where it appears that Luke drops down on the floor and starts running again so it shows where Luke must have fallen down from.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. MandalorianDuchess

MandalorianDuchess Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2010
    Except that Anakin actually turns out to be a great pilot during the events in TPM - albeit by accident. Obi-Wan obviously would have heard about his blowing up the droid control ship, which none of the regular Naboo pilots could have managed on their own.

In this case, Obi-Wan saying many years later that Anakin was a "great pilot" at the time obviously shouldn't be taken to mean that Anakin had shown great piloting abilities even before Obi-Wan had met him. In looking back at the events in Naboo, he would obviously think of him as having shown great piloting abilities during the Naboo conflict, and not because of podracing in Tatooine, imho.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not to mention that the kid had never even seen a Naboo starfighter before, let alone flown one. To use Nub's equivalent of Anakin being a "great car racer", this is the equivalent of a 9-year-old winning the Formula 1 World Championship (also, he's the only human who can drive at all ;)) and then joining the United States Navy and participating in the largest air combat engagement of the Pacific Theatre and striking the decisive blow against the enemy by accident.

That is at least as good as Luke was ever demonstrated to be; Anakin had exactly zero combat or even real flying time before Naboo while Luke at least had plenty of hours on his T-16.

4. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I just got around to watching some of the deleted scenes. This one was absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish this was in the movie. It just adds so much more depth to Vader and Luke. It showcases Vaders tremendous power with the force and Luke being able to hear Vader and completing his lightsaber. Which is a huge accomplishment for a Jedi. I also really love the way it leads R2 and C3PO into the movie.

A++

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Agreed! It's a nice transition between Vader on the DSII and the Jabba's Palace sequence. And I love the dark symbolism around hooded Luke.

6. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005

Out of all the changes and additions to these movies, I sure wish GL put this scene in.... This scene is just way 2 cool to leave out.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    For me, it's the Jerjerrod scenes that should have been included

8. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I think they're the best additional scenes of the lot, but they'd be one of my first choices to cut out. They comprise an entire subplot that can be removed without hurting the film overall, much the same as Biggs on Tatooine, and I suspect they'd slow things down, no matter how well they're done, or how intriguing the story is.

I agree with the last few posts, the only one of the deleted scenes I think could possibly be an improvement would be the alternative Vader/Luke intro - it serves the plot & themes of the film by emphasising the connection between Vader & Luke, which strengthens both of their story arcs.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I have to say I was absolutely blown away with nostalgia/goosebumps when I saw the Luke/Leia scene when they kiss and it gets broken up. The acting by carrie fisher is maybe the best she has ever done. IDK something about the scene just swept me away. She kid of admits that she doesn't want to be left alone when she gets mad at luke for telling her he is going away to find yoda. It REALLY drives the painful fact that this girl had her whole family/home/life was blown away by the death star and all she has left now are her two new friends (luke and han).

I know it could never work being put back in the movie now becouse they are brother and sister but still i wish there was some way.

I LOVE how she says "oh hes paying that criminal he in hawk to!" when regarding han. PERFECT! Classic leia! OMG I cant even say how great it was to actually see the real characters doing the real dramatic scenes like this after 30 years worth of parodies and spoofs and memes.

I love how luke had premonitions/bad dreams of leia and han getting killed EXACTLY like how anakin does in the PT. Its the one thing I truly do wish they would have put back into the movie to the point where whenever I watch the actual movie now its almost not the same. What a perfect place for him to have the dream too!

All my favorite scenes are from TESB and involve luke, leia and han basically. Made it worth the price of the whole blu-ray set imo.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Besides the whole making-out-with-relatives thing (which wasn't a thing in 1980 anyway, so I discount it) that really is a terrific scene. Wish they'd stick it back in the film; Leia totally IS Anakin's daughter there.

11. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    DBrennan333 and Darth_Nub:

I think that another continuity issue with the cut Red Leader/Luke convo from SW has to do with Red Leader's apparent age* and what it implied about a 'minimum age' for an adult Father 'Annikin' Skywalker flying ships back in the day. If one tries to fit this in with TPM's portrayal, then when Red Leader was a "little boy", ace-pilot Skywalker wasn't much older himself...actually, Annikin would have been YOUNGER than Red Leader??? :oops:

*would one say he's perhaps 45 yrs old in SW??? [face_thinking]

whostheBossk and Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn like this.