OT DVD Events

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Amber_eyes, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    The Alpine Garrison (and a few Rebels) will be at the Virgin Megastore in the Gateway Mall Monday night from 10pm to 1am and again on Tuesday from 6pm to 9pm to celebrate the OT DVD release. If you're in or near SLC come & join us. Wear a SW costume if you have one. :)
  2. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    *sets out on a quest to find the elusive Leia costume*
  3. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll go Monday night....anyone want to carpool?
  4. 20x6 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry. I can only wear a Star Wars costume on Halloween, or in a short film that has a Halloween party in it. It's the only thing that keeps me from succombing completely to the dork side!
  5. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    The "dork side"?
    Hey! I resemble that comment!

I found my costume and am currently making alterations (read: mom and grandma are fixing it for me while I work).

What time are all of the festivities happening at because I would like to join in :)
  6. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It starts at 10 pm and goes until 1 am then there's a party the next day from 6 pm to 9 pm.
  7. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Costumes are not manditory so you can come anyway 20x6.
  8. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a link to the flyer...

[image=http://alpinegarrison.com/images/dvd_promo_2s.jpg]

Everyone is welcome to come as Amber indicated. Costumes are encouraged, but not required.

Later,
  9. AllenReturns Jedi Knight

star 2
    I might show up tues evening. No costume but I got really good sideburns so that ought to count as something, right?
  10. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    Huzzah! It was fun! Just got back! Thanks again for the ride Derek.
  11. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    Huzzah! It was fun! Just got back! Thanks again for the ride Derek.
  12. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, that was fun. And I must be crazy because I'm staying up so I can walk over to the channel 5 studio in a little over 2 hours for their early morning newsprogram. 8-}
  13. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You're crazy Amber. ;) Course when I got home I was up for another 2 hours on the phone.

Thank you those who showed up, it was alot of fun and if you can set the VCR for Fox news at 9 to see us, we hope. :D
  14. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    Oy! I got home tried to sleep, after 2 hours gave up and watched New Hope and Empire....The changes are sweat! And for the record, Han and Greedo both shot first now.
  15. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got home about 9:15. The tv studio wanted us there at 5am. Our first segment was a little after 5:30, the second a little after 6, and the third one about 10 to 7. Then we went upstairs to the radio stations 102 & 100. After we left I hit Mickey D's for breakfast (again) and got home about 9:15. Now I'm washing a few things for tonight. I still haven't gotten any sleep but I don't feel tired right now. :confused:
  16. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    AAAHHHH!!!!! Last night was so much fun!!!! I am going to try and get work off tonight so I can come again :D :D
    I'm packing my costume to work so I can change :D
  17. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

I have the KSL TV and Fox 13 morning shows recorded. I will be uploading the videos to the Alpine Garrison site by tomorrow.

It was great to see all of you there last night. :cool:

See you later tonight.
  18. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm going if Erin goes! since I don't want to be the only Rebel there, I already got choked to death once after all.
  19. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    You don't want to be the only Rebel there? What am I, chopped liver? (You live to be in hot water, don't you?)
  20. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, tachnically the Jedi were wiped out by the time the Rebellion started....And no, chopped liver is discusting.
  21. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Just an FYI for you Riley, channel 13 showed your "capture" from last night on the 11am news. You were the only one from the Fan Force who was shown in any of their clips.
  22. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    w00t! You go Riley!! And you didn't want to go in costume last night :p

I hope that our little diddy that we did as the FF is going to be on the video that the channel 13 guy is making more Mike...I'm going to ask him for a copy of it :)
  23. 20x6 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like it was fun! I wish I could have gone, but I've been playing Mr. Mom with my niece for the past week and a half so an all nighter wasn't an option. I might be able to make it to the thing tonight though.
  24. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

KSL TV Channel 5 will be broadcasting *LIVE* tonight during the 6:00pm news hour. Come on down and show your Star Wars Spirit on live TV. :cool:

Later,
  25. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like I will be able to make it tonight in costume!! I'm going to be late though :( I should be getting up there around 8pm!
    I can't wait to see everyone!

Mike, thanks so much for letting us 'Rebels" hang with you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.