OT DVD Hastings Event Info Thread

Discussion in 'Boise Idaho' started by MalcolmTolemac, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yo, peoples. I was finally able to talk to someone at the Fairview Hastings today. Our original contact, Tiffany, has been promotoed and relocated to AZ. I talked with the Assistant Store Manager instead (Josh) who mentioned he has a conference call with Tif and Dist. Manager Charlie on Mon. He would bring it up in the meeting and get back to me - he wasn't sure what they've done in the past, what he was alowed to do, etc.

I'll keep you "posted".
  2. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Marc. If things end up being complicated don't stress over it. We can always look at the alternatives.
    Thanks for taking time with this.
  3. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I dropped by Hastings today and left "a letter of intent" with Josh. (something for him to be able to use when explaining to his higher-ups just what the heck is up...) He seemed very excited about it. Some of the ideas we'd come up with at the last meeting I mentioned in the letter and his eyes lit up. He said there was an employee or someone he knew that just bought a $400 lightsaber. Lastly, he said even Charlie (the area manager) was excited and might want to dress up in costume. I told him I had an extra Jedi robe.:D

Josh stated the event was a gohe just has to meet with his bosses to see what he's allowed to do. We'll know more by Mon. or Tues.
  4. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3

If any one is interested in giving any input to this event, I am meeting with Josh on Thurs. 9AM at the Fairview Hastings to work out the details of this event. If you can't make it, please at least e-mail me your ideas. We need full participation from the group. As I see it, this is to help us bounce back from IMAX and Fan D Con in Aug. After I get everything in place I'll be looking to hand this event over to someone as I have other things I need to be getting done before I move. I really shouldn't be doing this, but I volunteered. Many Thanks in advance to all who step it up in the next few weeks(help out).

If anyone wants to come over and see a really nice house (or if you know of someone looking to buy a two bed, one bath) stop on over. The house has been on the market for a week tomorrow. We re-did the deck and re-landscaped the front yard - looks really sharp. Again many Thanks in advance to all who step it up in the next few weeks(help out).
  5. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I am thinking we need to post flyers at Hastings, if they will allow it, that promote our activities the night of the 21st.
  6. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does anybody want to head this up or should I just "get 'er done" ?!?!

7. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everyone please post below what your personal expectations are in helping out with this. (i.e. coming in costume, club handouts/info, trivia, decorating - bringing ships, logo, dioramas, props, stand-ups, etc.)

I'd like to get an idea before Saturday's "dress rehersal" so we can stay on top of things. Plus this should give us more time to the DVD's, which is what we all want anyway, right?

Here's my $0.02 worth:

* I'm making the logo on a huge piece of foam board (actually two logo/signs).
    * I have three OT stand-ups I can bring.
    * The inflatable pod racer isn't "life-size" but it is about 4' wide by 6.5' long -- and needs a rope of somekind if we intend to hang it!
    * I'm looking to bring my Falcon(3 3/4" size)
    * I'm dressing up in the Dark Jedi version of Malcolm.
    * And lastly, I'm bringing whatever props I can that I've made.

Everything listed above I'm also going to do for the Suncoast Event as well.

edit: remember, for whoever needs it (and asks me first) I have an extra Jedi robe. I also have more than one prop hilt and even a few blasters. If you need help coming up with a costume, just ask.
  8. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have my Jedi Robes, but again, I'll more than likely be there late, after 12:30. I have stuff for the Trivia contest to give to you Marc on Saturday, and Eric will take my TV for use with the XBOX stuff.
  9. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Marc, I would like your robe (if it fits).

10. darthanalisa Jedi Padawan

I will be there at 10:30 with my XBOX and too help set up... I do not have a costume here, it's back in San FranDisco. What?s a gal to do?
  11. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    I will wear my Luke Jedi costume.
    I am planing on bringing:
    -my Cloud City Apartment Playset
    -my Imperial Shuttle with over a dozen Stromtroopers and Imperial Officers(3 3/4" scale)
    -and my interactive R2-D2(15" tall)

The Cloud City Playset will need about 18"x18" of table space.
    The Shuttle and Stromtroopers would work best with 30"(or36")x18" of space.
    R2 can stay still in a 12" area or can wander around the floor! He can also hold a small cup.

12. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    EVERYONE THINK OF SOME GOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS!!!!
  13. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    I finshed five recrutment posters and e-mailed them to Russ. We should have some pirnted soon.

I forgot to mention above that I have a spare hooded cape. It is maroon in color. I think it would make a better Handmaidin than Jedi. I will bring it with me just in case.

14. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I finshed five recrutment posters and e-mailed them to Russ. We should have some pirnted soon. We printed and previewed these at the Sat. DVD preview.
    Dan, those are SO awesome. Thanks for your hard work and willing to do this.

Does anyone have a DVD and/or VHS they can bring to possibly show fan films, DVD clips, etc.? I was going to bring my "fan film" and "R2 Beneath the Dome" for near our table to help attract new members.

Lastly, do we have all the printed material (applications, fact sheets, etc.) needed for this event like we had at the BSU booth? That's the last thing I can think of that wasn't covered at the planning mtg. on Sat.

This is going to be an awesome night. Thanks to all who have stepped it up and helping with this event. May the Force be with us, always.

15. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree Malcolm, Dan's posters are sweet!!! Looking forward to see you all later tonight!!!
  16. danbinks Force Ghost

star 2
    Wow! You realy like them?
    I haven't see them printed out yet. Still haven't figured out my new Photo Printer. I didn't design them for my ink jet printer. It doesn't do bright colors like greens and yellows very well, which I used a lot of on the posters.
    Also I wasn't completely sure all the text would be readable.
    I gess I'll see the posters you printed, tonight!
  17. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I unfortunately will not be at this event. I may stop by when I'm done at work, after 12:30am, but that depends if I'm done that soon. Russ has my TV and remote for XBOX linkup play. I gave Eric all the stuff for the Trivia contest. Has everyone thought of questions? I hope they're good ones. May the Force be with you! And if I don't see you tonight, see you Tuesday night!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.