main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI OT DVD watching Fiesta!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Why hello again. This is the official thread now for the DVD party that will (as of now take place) on Saturday September 25th 12:00 my place. If anyone needs directions go to mapquest.com type in 1 Vienna Cir. Madison WI 53718. That's the easiest way to do this, and I think their directions are well done, and very informative. So basically the layout of this so called "fiesta" (heck we can't say party every time) is we get to my house there will be some snacks I can order some pizza from Dominos *half price that we can all eat and get a lot of soda too. Then we can go watch the movies all day. And of course I'll let who ever wants to see my room and props etc... So thats all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to post any ideas you might have.

Forcebewitya!

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Arriba! Arriba! A Fiesta!!

Thanks Brent!! Oh and I believe that 12:00 means NOON. Starting at Midnight may be a bit on the late side. [face_laugh]

Pizza sounds great. Since it's a fiesta, will they be Mexican Style pizzas? :D

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. So count me in as attending.

I'll bring Kelly and Megan... and if you need any snack food or something, I'll bring some. Just let me know what you need (I'm known for bringing M&Ms to parties in Milwaukee).

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I can't wait
    After seeing Empire of Dreams on A&E last night I'm awaiting the DVD's like a kid the night before christmas

4. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I can't wait
    After seeing Empire of Dreams on A&E last night I'm awaiting the DVD's like a kid the night before christmas

yeah I saw part of it, but didn't know it was going to be on I guess I will just wait till I get the DVD. So cool.

Forcebewitya!

5. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    It wasn't even the full Empire of Dreams. The full documentary is on the DVD.

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    thats good to know.

Are you going to come John?

Forcebewitya.

7. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Can't offer any guarantees at this point, but I shall do what I can.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok guys, bad news. I just got back from work tonight after leaving my note saying that I was going to be gone the 25th and my manager said that I have to work that day because its customer appreciation weekend. So I'm going to have to work unfortunatly, and we'll have to come up with another date. As of now I'm thinking the weekend after? Will that work for everyone. I mean I still want to have it but unfortunatly that happens to be the one weekend I have to work. Anyway we can discuss this, I guess more and find out what works for everyone.

Forcebewitya.

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    well that sucks
    I think the next week should work well

10. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Did you guys hear about the mucked up sound in ANH? Don't read the TFN story, because they're obviously biased toward Lucasfilm. But here's the real story.

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    huh, doesn't sound good....I for one am not all that thrilled with the majority of the changes.

Forcebewitya!

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I don't have it yet but the people I've talked to all have liked it and didn't really mind the changes once they saw it.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah, ya know I really didnt mind them that much either after watching. I mean I got them Tuesday at 6:00 in the morning and then watched them till I went to school at 8:00. I watched the Empire Strikes Back Hoth battle and upon hearing the 5.1 and the walkers rumble the ground I seriously cried over the awesomeness and nostalgia. SO awesome. So what day is this going to happen because I'm still wanting to do it, I'm just waiting for feedback.

Forcebewitya!

14. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm free any weekend at the moment,

15. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I for one an glad you didn't have the "Fiesta" this weekend. Sinus colds have plagued my home this past week and weekend. That means I wouldn't have been able to show up for it.

What we have to know is what exactly will be shown at this Fiesta. Just the 3 movies? The 3 movies and some of the bonus material? The 3 movies and all of teh bouns material?
    It is what will be shown that will determine how long this Fiesta will last.
    The 3 movies along are over 6 hours, and having breaks between to eat or talk could make it even longer.
    Add the bonus material and it could be a 12 hour thing, if we let it.

As for the changes that were rumored to happen, I only saw one that I really didn't like. That was at the end of ROTJ when they switched Anakins on us. If you didn't know about that change before, then you must have been living in a cave, since that seemed to be the one that most people were up in arms about. The other changes were either so small or didn't matter much that I didn't mind them.
    Another change was the Solo/Greedo thing. I'm not even going to comment on that one.

As for the sound in ANH, I only noticed one glitch that bugged me.
    There was a very noticable lull between scenes after Tarkin ordered Leia's execution.
    Other than that, most of the sound was wonderful.

One other thing I would like to see at our Fiesta is any Easter Eggs that anyone may know of on the DVDs. I haven't ever figured out how to find them on any DVDs. Guess I'm just an idiot when it comes to remembering how to do it.

So, what time and what day exactly will this Fiesta be? How long will it be expected to last?
    What should we expect to see?
    What do we need to bring for it?

Those are my questions, Brent.

16. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    As for the sound in ANH, I only noticed one glitch that bugged me.

you'll notice it throughout the whole movie when you watch it in 5.1. So that is one thing I dont like. The Jabba still looks terrible in ANH, Greedo shooting first, enough said. And the lightsabers still look less than up to par. But its great anyway! I have to say that Empire looks and sounds the best IMO. However I still haven't watched them all yet due to working like a mad man this weekend.

Anyway, as for the fiesta. We definitly will watch all the movies so as you said about...7 hours roughly with breaks maybe more. As for the bonus features. I have watched them all they are all very interesting and what not however as you said we dont have that much time. I'd say we could watch maybe 2 or 3 of them. But not Empire of Dreams. Way too long, good but long. Right now I really dont know what is going on for dates. Next weekend I either am working all day saturday or visiting a college in Minnesota...so thats kinda out. What about the weekend after that? I can check to see if that would work and if I know soon I will be able to take off. So see what works for you guys. I'll get back to you.

Forcebewitya.

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    In my opinion... since you are hosting this Fiesta, it should be you who decides when it will happen. If the majority of us say we can't make it, it's up to you to reschedule it, if you want.

So, tell us when YOU are able to host it, and we will tell you if it is good for us or not. I am free most of October, except the last weekend. So now you have MY answer. :)

As for the sound. I wasn't listening that hard. I was looking for the changes, so listening for the sound wasn't on my mind. I'll have to listen more closely next time.

Most of the stuff you mentioned about Jabba and Greedo were already in the previous versions of the movies, so as far as I'm concerned, those don't fall into the "Changes" category. Maybe the "Things they should have changed" category, though.

18. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Okay, I'm planning on being around this weekend. Next weekend, I'm dog-sitting. Weekend after that is kinda up in the air. Beyond that, nothing is written in stone so if plans are made, I can work with it.

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Well, As far as I can tell I'm free when ever, but the weekend of the 23/24, Wrestling is in town and I might work that plus its my brothers birthday the 24th.
    But other then that I'm free

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    ok I shall see what I can do. I have to look at my schedule. This weekend I work all weekend again. the weekend after that It is my friends birthday on Saturday. Then the following weekend I am visiting a college in Minnesota. So I'll check and see what is going to happen.

Forcebewitya.

21. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey guys,I have a date that will work nicely (for me) the weekend of the 16th that's a Saturday not this weekend but the next. So see what you all can do. Right now thats the only weekend I have free. Then we could start watching the Trilogy at I'm going to through out...11:00 just so that we can be done fairly early. But let me know what works for all you.

Forcebewitya.

22. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Sounds good to me. The 16th at 11am will work for me, barring something unexpected coming up. I don't expect it to, thats why it's called unexpected.

Anyway... Just watching the Trilogy would work. Maybe seeing some of the old trailers/teasers would be fun too. Those don't take long either.

See everyone then.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    As of right now the 16th looks good, I'll be over this cold by then too

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok, the sixteenth will work either way but It might have to be bumped to 5:00 just because I might have to work till 4:30. I'll see though.

Forcebewitya.

25. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Thats to bad, well 5:00 is good, not really alot of time to see all three but maybe 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.