main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT DVD

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Lofthouse, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lofthouse

Darth_Lofthouse Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2004
    Before I start I am NOT from Amazon, but has anyone seen the deal for the OT DVD release?

£26.99 with free delivery ON THE DAY OF RELEASE!! No need to queue from midnight!!!

Come on September hurry up!!

2. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Already got it on order :D

[face_monkey]

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That Box set willl be Sweeeeeeeeeet :cool:

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    £26.99 with free delivery ON THE DAY OF RELEASE!!

Amazon's free delivery services takes 5 days to arrive.

5. Darth_Lofthouse

Jul 3, 2004
  6. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Errr, the link just returns to this thread!

Actually, the free delivery doesn't necessarily take 5 days, look at the terms of the Super Save delivery (the free one). Using this method I've had goods delivered within 24 hours, its a case of there is no concrete guarantee of a delivery date, just expect it within the "expected delivery" time specified with the products you buy. Also they aim to send all items together for financial reasons.

[face_monkey]

7. Darth_Lofthouse

Jul 3, 2004
    OK, then this is a copy of the email sent by amazon:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

At Amazon.co.uk we are always looking for ways to bring value to our customers.

The Star Wars Trilogy is a special-release product that we want our pre-order customers to receive as soon as possible, so we have decided to offer free UK delivery on day of release.

Although you have already pre-ordered Star Wars, we are writing to let you know that your order is automatically eligible to receive this offer.

If you selected First Class as your delivery option, the associated delivery charges for any copies of Star Wars Trilogy will be deducted from the total cost of your order. If you selected Super Saver Delivery as your delivery option, we will automatically upgrade the delivery of your Star Wars DVD to First Class. We will work with Royal Mail to dispatch the Star Wars Trilogy in time to arrive on September 20, 2004.

Please note that these changes may not be reflected immediately.

Also note that this item won't fit through a standard letter box, so to ensure you receive it on the day of release (a Monday) get it delivered to a daytime address where you or someone else will be able to accept it.

If your order is to be paid for by credit or debit card, your card won't be charged until we dispatch the DVD, so please ensure that it is valid until September, 2004.

If you need to change the delivery address or payment method for this order, please visit Your Account:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

You can also find a link to Your Account at the top of any page of our website.

We hope you enjoy watching the Star Wars Trilogy. May the force be with you, and thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk

8. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    If you selected Super Saver Delivery as your delivery option, we will automatically upgrade the delivery of your Star Wars DVD to First Class

Well spank my ass and send me to Alaska ! They've upgraded you so you don't actually have the free service.

Everytime I've used the super saver option it takes 5 days to arrive :( must just be me..........

Oh, and Darth_Lofthouse can you ease up on the hostilities or you'll have short visit here.

9. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    I for one am going to buy mine the old fashioned way, direct from the shop, on the day of release. [face_mischief]

10. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    aha, but why go to the shop, when the shop can come to you ?

I've already ordered my set off amazon for £26 versus the £45 in the high street. I intend to get up on the Monday and wait for the postman to arrive (providing it does arrive on the day of release).

Then I'll watch the DVD set back to back in my underwear :) (and finally put those nasty bootlegs in the bin)

I have the originally released set on VHS, the remastered THX original release on VHS, and the Special Edition on VHS and *cough* DVD *cough*. I saw ESB and ROTJ in the cinema on the first release, then ANH, ESB and ROTJ in the cinema on their re-release. I saw TPM twice in the cinema, and ATOC twice, along with an addition trip to the see the IMAX version. I have TPM on VHS, and TPM and ATOC on DVD. I have bought almost every SW video game on every platform, and own countless figures over the years. AND LEGO TOO!

George Lucas has enough of my money already.

11. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    aha, but why go to the shop, when the shop can come to you ?

Because the postman hates me, nuff said. :p

I will no doubt watch them the same way I do the videos, starting with ROTJ and working my way backwards.

:D

12. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    I will no doubt watch them the same way I do the videos, starting with ROTJ and working my way backwards.

Interesting! So when people ask you how the Star Wars trilogy ends you tell them, "With Darth Vader hijacking a rebel ship!!" :p

[face_monkey]

13. Darth_Lofthouse

Jul 3, 2004
    Sorry if I appeared to be using aggressive negotiations(!), I'll try to be more diplomatic in future (by keeping my lightsaber tucked away):oops:.

My issue was that I was trying to let other SW fans know about what is a great offer from Amazon.

BTW How great is Hyperspace!!!! :)

14. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    TBH malkieD2 I think the Super save delivery is just pot-luck (that why its free!!), some things come really quick and like you say others can take a week or so.

The pay delivery is ideal if you need something by a specified date, birthdays and what not.

Never been on Hyperspace, as much as I'm looking forward to Ep3 I'm not that interested to see what Hyperspace has to offer - that makes me Spoiler-free I think.

[face_monkey]

15. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Interesting! So when people ask you how the Star Wars trilogy ends you tell them, "With Darth Vader hijacking a rebel ship!!"

Yup!!! What a great end to a trilogy huh? :p

16. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Yeah, but don't you find it confusing that the big DV dies at the start and finishes by hijacking that ship?!

And what about the Luke/Leia kiss - he told her a film earlier that they were brother and sister!

[face_monkey]

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    meanwhile, one of the most powerful Jedi in the Universe becomes a annoying whinny little git on Tatooine. (but at least he got his hand back)

18. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    And its good to see the diet Han Solo went on after ROTJ worked!!!

[face_monkey]

19. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I think all great stories should be told backwards anyway. :p

20. Darth_MacDaddy

Apr 10, 2003
    Isn't that how Shakespere wrote his "stories"!

A load of drivel that no-one understands....

*Waits for Shakespere fan to tell me they understand his stories and how good they are*

[face_monkey]

21. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Hmmm not read any of his stuff to be honest...well not since me drama days lol

I want to re-write SW in the style of Pulp Fiction. :D

22. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I have it on good authority that there will be a postal strike on the 19/20 Sept so I will go to the shops for my copy.

For "good authority" read "hunch" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.