main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ot Fashion in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Drac39, Oct 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I loved the costume designs from the OT?
    It`d be cool,if they ressurected some Costumes,from the OT.
    Or Am I just stupid?

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    You're stupid.

Nah I'm just messin' with you. :p I don't like the styles from the OT as much as the PT... They look...cheap. But I'm betting we're gonna see a lot of them back in Ep. III, because they are more than likely a a necessary thing because of the war. The cloathes are tighter-fitting (easier to fight in), the ships are built for combat rather than looks and comfort, the weapons are designed more for practicality than tradition...

So yeah, I'm betting we'll see a lot of the old styles we know from the OT.

3. The_Spider-Man

The_Spider-Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2002
    I loved the costume designs from the OT?

Wait, was that a question?

4. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I think I speak for all SW fans when I say that sideburns must make a comeback :)

It'd be interesting to see if ep3 explains the change in fashion between PT (complex costumes) and OT (simplicity). Is it the Empire's fault; creating a sterilised and homogenous environment?

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It's not just the different eras, it's the different aspects of the galaxy. In the PT, we see the peak civilisations in the GFFA, Naboo and Coruscant being two good examples of this. In the OT, we see farm boys, smugglers and the occasional hive of scum and villainy. Leia's the only royalty, and she's busy killing troopers most of the time. Princess-style garb isn't very useful for that.

If you want to see OT fashion, look at the soldiers and pilots in the PT. They wear flight suits and functional uniforms, very similar to those used in the OT. But just like we don't see many military personnel in the PT, we don't see many civilians or royalty in the OT. If Ep3 is to concentrate more on the military aspect of the clone wars, then we will see a comeback of the "function over fashion" style.

6. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

We definitely need to see some mullets! :D :p

7. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Type error.

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Padmé's gowns are the most representative of the difference in costuming between the OT and the PT. Yet in the end of AotC, she was wearing a simple, functional white outfit. I would tend to think that would become the trend in Ep. 3 as war would demand those kinds of simple, unadorned clothes.

We have already seen OT costumes in the PT though. The Jedi robes of the PT are variations on Ben's robes in ANH. Also I would think we'll be seeing a certain black cape and mask again in Ep. 3. ;)

9. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Tie fighter pilots?

;) :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think it's an oversimplification to assume that there's ever one galaxy-wide fashion sense. Nearly every character in the OT either is in the Imperial military or is "Rebel scum," which would explain why they aren't as obsessed with elaborate clothes as Padme is. Their lives are simply more down-to-earth and nitty-gritty than would be the life of a royal. It's a fair assumption that high-ranking courtiers in the Imperial era who had little to worry about other than balls and court politics dressed more like Padme.

11. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I think the Imperial uniforms in Ep3 need something that says "I'm here to destroy you", but with a sense of fun.

12. Darth_Mittens

Darth_Mittens Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2002
    Obi-Wan had a hefty Mullet in AOTC :D

13. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Now, now. Long hair alone does not a mullet make. :D

14. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I say we petition Lucas for mullets and side buns! Who's with me?

;)

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I say we petition Lucas to grow a mullet and side buns! :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Screw that. I say we petition Lucas for more men in extremely revealing clothes! :D

17. The Sixth Stench

The Sixth Stench Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    I think Hayden's "dream" is about as close as you're going to get, ladies ;)

The men will always have the "living a lie" dress and, of course, the gold bikini :p Can you tell SW was written by a man? ;)

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Can you tell it was written by the ultimate fanboy, no less. ;) I hear GL even designed the Naboo Dinner dress...some people's Gods... :p

19. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    After watching the OT again, Leia's hairstyles are starting to make me think of Padme's. Anybody think that this is one of the things Leia picked up from her before she died, or maybe after she died from pictures? What about the possibility of Padme sporting Leia buns in Ep3? :D

20. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yes I grew quite found of the OT fashion,and want it back.
    Screw Padawan braids,bring back Mullets!

21. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Padme better not sport any of Leia's OT hairstyles in E3. She's not worthy :D

22. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Unlocked

23. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I think they are quite similar, but just not in that dirty way they were in the OT. But then everyone was part of a rebellion and didn't have much. So you can't really have the same thing. The jedi aren't poor and neither is Padme.

I think when Anakin arrived on Naboo he was dressed similar to the way Luke looked.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    AGREED. (Isn't every single post either "I agree" or "I disagree" in one form or another?)

What I find interesting is how the Imperial troops, particularly the high-ranking officers, remind me of the typical "Romans" from all the movies, while the high-ranking Rebel "officers", or "elders", or whatever, look more like the typical "Greeks" - beards, longer hair, etc.

Is this to show the difference in discipline or something?

So I'm hoping we'll start to see that trend revealed in Episode III, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure I'm the only one that's noticed this. 8-}

25. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    yes I hope we see this too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.