main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[OT] Lord of the Rings TCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Bummer.... hope you find someplace to replace it.

R'Bolt

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are two other shops here in this city, but one of them focuses mainly on RPG stuff, and the other is on the far end of town and isn't a very good shop anyway.

3. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    One of my freinds tault me the game yesterday, now I'm interested in starting up, what should I go Out a buy to make a decent Deck quickly?

SD-

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You should buy Two Towers or Battle of Helm's Deep starter decks. They will give you some decent cards with which to make decks. From there, just buy what you need. I would recommend the following ratios for the packs:

FotR: 3
    MoM: 1
    RotEL: 1
    TTT: 3
    BoHD: 2

So for every 3 packs (or boxes) of Two Towers you buy, you should also pick up 2 packs of Battle of Helm's Deep.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ooh, a new Treebeard has just been posted at decipher.com. He rules!

6. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah... looks cool! Can't believe the new set will out so soon. Barely getting used to the last one! ;)

R'Bolt

7. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Can cards from TTT and FOTR be in the same deck?

SD-

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yes. Never assume restrictions not printed in the rules.

9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Yes, at least for open and standard. The only exception to that is for sites, which have to be from the most recent block (curently TTT).

10. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Well if you play if Tower's Block only tournaments, you can't use any cards earlier than the Two Towers Expasions (none for Fellowship, Mines of Moria, or Realms of the Elf Lords).

R'Bolt

11. SithDooku

May 7, 2002
    Alright Great. Thanks for your help guys.

SD-

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ooh, there's a bunch of new Ent stuff posted on Decipher!

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, the entire Ents of Fangorn cardlist is up. I can't wait to make an Isengard Man or a dead spirits deck. The Ents look mighty cool too.

14. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah... this expansion looks prety neat. Should be an expensive one from a foils perspective. I collect the Nazgul, Elven, Gondor and Rohan foils. Some of the rares aren't going to be easy to get.

R'Bolt

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I collect any foils I can get my hands on, so this set is just as expensive as always.

Do you need any foils from the previous sets? I have quite a few extra Nazgûl and Elven foils. PM me if you're interested.

16. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the offer. Pretty much caught up at the moment. Just looking for a few deck foils, but they are not pressing. I'm trying to reserve a few dollars at the moment for the onslaught of new stuff.

Can't wait to see what some of the new Nazgul look like foiled.

R'Bolt

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, Nertëa and the Witch-king will look fabulous as foils.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Wow, the dead spirits are totally kickass. I can't wait to combine them with Twilight Nazzies and Peril.

19. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey guys, it's been a while but I couldn't resist catching up after seeing all the new cards that Decipher has posted. The new wraiths rock! (Geez, did just say "rock"?) On a side note, I thought they woukld be made tougher at marshes ("Evil smelling Fens anyone?) They wtill are cool and yes, I wil combine them, with my Twilight Nazgul.

I love the idea of a starter being based around a shadow character. A change is as good as a holiday. It also prevents yet another Rohan starter (I thought they might do Eomer) or a Gandalf character (as opposed to the culture)

As far as I can remember, this set introduces a new concept to the game: companbions that it is impossible to start with. I am pretty sure the new ones are the first.

The big Ents look expensive but without the Unhasty Keyword they will be tough. Deadly? I don't know yet. But I will be making a "massive Ent" deck just for the fun of it. (Then again, I made a knights deck for the fun of it and didn't have any fun playing it.)

Boy, Isengard got the good again. By the looks of it, only one Uruk (Beserk Butcher) but the orcs may be nasty. I mean, give Sharku his Warg, add Wolves of Isengard (A hard card to get out mind you) and exert him then discard him. I call it the Isengard machine gun. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!

Suaron looks :cool:. A non-unique TROLL and wraiths. Yummy! I like the cards that reduce Sauron and Nazgul characters costs. The Nazgul themselves are back with a vengeance! Combine the fell beast with an elf deck and you will siphon through your deck pretty quickly.

Speakingm of Elves, thast Naith longbow is handy for Naiths. With a starting strength of 6, add a longbow and a sword and you get a savage elf. One of them will be strength of 10! Pretty good for an elf. I have not made many elf decks but I think it's time to start.

Once again I will be getting two boxes so I hope to get the whole set. It's great to look at my binder and spot all the BoHD cards!

On a personal note, EoF is release the day after our baby is due! Which means I will be getting it about about a week after it (The set) comes out (since here in Perth we get it delayed).

I'll se you whenI see you! I'm online a lot less due to being VERY busy with work!

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    My new favorite combo: Peril + Nertëa (FOTR) + Wisp of Pale Sheen. Many, many burdens!

21. JediKynes009

JediKynes009 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    And throw some easterlings in there for more Burden action.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    True dat, true dat. I've been testing all of the new strategies on Apprentice, and I have to say that Ents absolutely rock, no doubt about it. Isengard Men are good, especially when combined with Uruk trackers. The new Nazgûl are iffy, so are the dead things. Easterlings got a majot boost thanks to the Polearm, and Dunland is just as deadly as ever, even moreso thanks to the Elder and Headman. Kung fu Elves are a lot of fun to play with, since you get to "draw destiny" a lot. As for Isengard Orcs, they are simply great.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Anyway, who's going to a prerelease this weekend? I want that Witch-king deck so bad.

24. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    I just played in one yesterday and I got the witch king starter so that's very cool. and even better pulled the Spied from above so the deck did decent. lot of the games went to or just at time. Lots of close games. though D did goof. they put Kill them now in place of the Ferious that were supposed to be put in the deck. even though the deck did decent I went 1-3 overall the set looks great. And I agree on the Ents. I think I may have BIG problems with my moria deck. may have to go moria archery now to really hurt ppl.

25. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    I just played in one yesterday and I got the witch king starter so that's very cool. and even better pulled the Spied from above so the deck did decent. lot of the games went to or just at time. Lots of close games. though D did goof. they put Kill them now in place of the Ferious that were supposed to be put in the deck. even though the deck did decent I went 1-3 overall the set looks great. And I agree on the Ents. I think I may have BIG problems with my moria deck. may have to go moria archery now to really hurt ppl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.