main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: LOTR The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Ok, so soon, very soon, The Two Towers will be opening. Me, Iycis and JediElfQueen are planning to go *in costume* to a showing on opening day, probably in the evening. This is the unofficial official invite to go with us costumed or not! More details as theaters publish their schedules. The movie is released on Dec. 18.

Anyone else interested?

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Count me in!! Even though I don't have a true LOTR costume, I do have something from when I go to Ren Faires which could work for the day.

3. JediElfQueen

JediElfQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    Don't forget, Kev's going too, as Boromir. :)

That's if I can find a sitter. :( I'm still searching for an over night one. If not, we may have to wait until the next day.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Tix are now on sale for LOTR: Two Towers via fandango.com. All I've seen so far are Regal Theaters - I looked at Oaks specifically. Looks like the first show on Wednesday, Dec 18 is noon. I guess they aren't going for the midnight showing. I suggest we go for the first evening show that night, somewhere around 7 or 8pm. We also may want to wait just a few days and see if the AMC Plymouth Meeting gets it but so far no tix are available for that date via AMC's website.

What do you guys want to do?

P.S. Julia - if it's an 8pm show you won't need an overnight baby sitter.

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I can't make any midnight showings butI have the day off so any other time is fine with me.

6. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Here's the thing.

We have our last marriage class that night from 7:00-9:00. We have a babysitter for that time period, but the kids go to bed at 7:00 so we were looking for someone to just take them over night...

If you go to the 8:00 showing, we can't go...

ARGH!

Let's keep workin' it.. Kevin took the day off.... *L* Maybe we can go to an earlier show???

Julia

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    A earlier showing works for me as well.

8. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Earlier won't work for me, I have my last semester finals that day. Looks like I'm the odd (wo)man out here. Oh well. Maybe I just won't go with everyone else.

9. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Well, I was all excited that my parents said they could babysit for the noon showing...

But I was so hoping we could all go together! :(

10. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'd be interested in going but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Depends on what the final time is. I may be working that week. No matter what I'm planning on seeing it that day but it'd be cool to go with a bunch of people. I'll keep an eye on the board for your final time and get back to you all.

-Jack

11. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok, we'll figure out a time when ALL of us can go together. Iycis, let us know what time your last final is. I can always come pick you up from school that day. :)

12. Turo

Turo Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    Can I come?

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    You gonna come home with me on 12/15 then Turo? ;)

14. Turo

Turo Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    Does that mean your are coming here to see me? Here in Chicago?

15. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    I may be interested if it's in the evening...I don't think I can take a 3-hour lunch!

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Alright, since everyone has such schedule conflicts on Wednesday, Dec 18 I am proposing the following:

Let's go on Thursday evening December 19.

Iycis will be done finals.
    Jedi ElfQueen will not have her class with Kev.
    I am free.
    As far as I know Wendy is free.

What do you all think?

Jenni

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I should be free, just need to ask my sitter to change days, but I could only go after 5:30, can't get out of work that day. We should also find out if advance tickets are being sold and were we want to go. KOP's AMC or Oak's REgal are both fine with me and close enough to get to quickly after work.

18. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I would come and join everyone, but I have to be back in New York for my last final on the 20th. :( The 18th would've been good, but I'm already going to see the Midnight showing with a best friend as a part of birthday present I promised him.

Sorry, but another event I'll try and make it when I'm back in the area. :)

19. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    I'll see if I can find a sitter for Thursday night. :)

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok, here's the deal! There is an 8pm show on Thursday, December 19, 2002 at the UA King of Prussia. We will plan to meet at the theater at 7pm in costume (those not in costume are also welcome). Please pre-purchase your tickets for that showtime. I am getting mine and Iycis's tix tomorrow.

Julia, did you get a sitter yet?

:)

21. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I have mine and Iycis's tix for December 19, 2002, 8pm show at the KofP United Artist theater next to the mall. :)

22. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    Working on it... my mom says she thinks so, but she has to check with my dad. *L*

It might turn out that he wants to go with us! We'll see...

23. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Does anyone want to get together before the movie for dinner?

24. JediElfQueen

Sep 10, 2002
    We figured it out with my parents and we're going to get tickets tomorrow!

As for eating... no... I'm not eating in my white lace, hand beaded Galadriel dress... *LOL* I'll stand around and watch everyone else eat though! *L*

Though thinking about it with dropping the kids off at 5 and then rushing home to get dressed, it might be that we barely get there by 7 dressed in costume...

25. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    You have a point Julia, I have seen your dress and I can understand why you would rather not eat in it. I wouldn't either come to think of it.
    I have to wait till Friday to get my ticket, hopefully it won't sell out before then!!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.