main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC OT Marathon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vaders_Kid, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I know it might be a tad early to post this, but my roommate and myself were discussing having a get-together over at our place once the Original Trilogy is released on DVD. We have a fairly large space up in the living room area to accomodate several thousand extremely tiny people or 12-15 average sized adults. We live in Alexandria right off of Duke St. very close to the 395 exit not far from the Landmark Mall. Unfortunately, we're not that close to a metro stop. The closet would be King Street, Huntington, Pentagon City, the Pentagon or Crystal City. We'd be happy to pick up folks from one of these stops if need be.

Just something to think about over the next few months if you all are interested.

See ya'
    VK

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey Bruce! I don't believe we've thought that far into the future yet (heh), but I imagine we would have gotten around to planning a DVD get-together. If you want to host the thing have the likes of us over to your place, that sounds nifty. :D

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Even if it is the scandalous Special Editions!

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

yeah I'm interested!

5. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    E i have the non SE in DVD, so it doesn't have to be

6. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    it's still not the same as having a real OT dvd from Lucas.... :( not that that will ever happen! :mad:

7. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah, it'll be the Special Editions we'll be viewing. Of course there's always that FOURTH DISC with 10 HOURS of extras on it!! I'd be just as happy to watch that. And if worse comes to worse, I'll put on all three of my Luke costumes (at once) and re-enact some of our favorite moments from the OT WITHOUT THE ADDED SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!

Cool?
    VK

8. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I'll be there! :D

9. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    dude! I would love to see that! :D

10. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Woo hoo! Star Wars muvioki! I'm in.

11. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    The closet would be King Street

Wouldn't it be kind of hard to get dressed in the morning? I mean, if you're at Landmark and your closet is at King St or Huntington, that would be quite hard to get to after your shower. Maybe that's why there's a traffic jam early in the AM. Hmmm....

12. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    And if worse comes to worse, I'll put on all three of my Luke costumes (at once) and re-enact some of our favorite moments from the OT WITHOUT THE ADDED SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!

Will you enact the additional scene in the Ultimate Edition of ESB where Vader tells Luke that not only is he Luke's father, but that he also built C-3P0 and won the Boonta Eve Classic when he was 9?

13. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm all for it as well! Looking forward to hanging out, so long as we can make MST3K style comments throughout.

Velvetdragon

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm bringing a video camera to get this performance on film!

15. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok, maybe I was a little hasty in announcing that I'd be re-enacting our favorite moments from ALL THREE OT films. How about I just recreate the famous space battle at the end of Return of the Jedi (complete with the destruction of the 2nd Death Star) and we'll leave it at that.

16. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    sounds sweet. count me in unoless im working. Can't plan too much that far ahead. Just set up the date.

17. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Dunno if anyone in the group has seen this or not- I think they performed at C2... but the now official Star Wars Trilogy in 30 Minutes has to be THE funniest every SW spoof I have ever seen. I saw it in Edinburgh 3 years ago and was floored by it.

So.. did the marathon go down this weekend?

See you all on the 15th!

18. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Oh, and lets not forget that The Clone Wars cartoon series which will be out on DVD at some point, so we have that to look forward to as part of our little Marathon. Amazon.com has it listed, just no release date as yet. I'm thinking summer. Maybe we should make this a slumber party and plan on Star Wars-ing it all weekend! We'll start with the Original Trilogy, move right into The Holiday Special (as he ducks large objects thrown at head) and then all those Star Wars spoofs (Hardware Wars, Troops, etc) and then the two prequels and...

God, I'm already exhausted!

19. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    I used to live right over near you. Wouldn't the closest metro be Van Dorn? I know a number of apt. buildings and condos over there have shuttle buses that run to the metro, too. I was over at the Watergate there in Landmark for 3 yrs.

20. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    You know HanJones, I think you're right. Van Dorn may just be a bit closer. Didn't even think of it!
    Thanks!

21. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    It is even walkable if you are adventurous. I walked it from Van Dorn over to the Watergate a few times. Not something you want to do if you don't have to, but it can be done.

22. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I know we're still a few months away from the Original Trilogy release, but I thought I'd bump this up to remind everyone that we'd still love to have youse guys over to our place for a viewing. The release date is September 21 as you know, and we were thinking about that following Saturday night if that works for everyone. If that doesn't work for the majority, we're certainly willing to move it to a more convenient weekend. Just let me know what ya' think.

And I can certainly provide the leather mini-skirt (in BLACK of course!) if Roger ever does decide to do that Vaderesque striptease of his! :D

23. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    :eek: I just realized.... I'm going to be in Georgia at NCO Academy when that comes out :( what a bummer. I promise I will wear the miniskirt sometime before C3 though, even if for only a few minutes... don't wanna get all the other guys too hot and bothered [face_laugh]

24. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    No problem Roger. As I mentioned, we can always re-schedule for another weekend if that's more convenient. How long will you be gone by the way?

25. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    6 weeks. I should graduate the Friday before Halloween. It kinda screws up all my plane of entering Halloween costume contests too :( I doubt that you guys will want to wait that long for me but really its no biggie. As long as nothing interferes with me going to C3 I'll be happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.