main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC OT Marathon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vaders_Kid, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Will you enact the additional scene in the Ultimate Edition of ESB where Vader tells Luke that not only is he Luke's father, but that he also built C-3P0 and won the Boonta Eve Classic when he was 9?

Dude... Jeff... don't give George any ideas! He has spies all over the place and you DON'T want this to end up in our DVD package!

Jeff

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Awwww, come on. We need important scenes like this in the Ultimate Edition. :D

3. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger, we can always schedule another get-together to watch the movies once you get back into town. I'd be more than happy to arrange another showing. I mean, an Original Trilogy DVD presentation without Roger would be like, well...and Original Trilogy DVD presentation without Roger!

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Well thanks Bruce. I appreciate it :D

5. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    My pleasure Roger. Besides, who else would be willing to assist me in knocking over every breakable in the house as we re-enact the Luke/Vader duels in ESB and ROTJ! :D

6. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Hey, can we have a party where we just watch the extras? :D

7. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    You know, we COULD just watch the extras on Disc 4 and nothing else if that's what most folks would be up for. There should be plenty of stuff on it to keep us occupied.

8. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Well I'll be back for any of the later get togethers just as soon as I graduate from the Academy. So unless you guys hang out long enough to watch all four DVDs I'm sure that I'll be able to get in on something.

9. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger, if I have to show all four discs continuously 24 hours a day seven days a week unitl you get back from the Academy, I'll do it just so you can be in on the fun! Besides, could anyone stand to watch any of these films (ESPECIALLY the scenes between Luke and Vader in ESB and ROTJ!!), without hearing the constant running commentary from the both of us? It just wouldn't be the same.

And if worse comes to worse, couldn't you just go AWOL on the one day we show the films?
    Would it be THAT big a deal? ;)

10. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Good point Bruce... I mean how bad can a military prison be? AWOL during a time of war, they'd never miss me. :p

Yeah the end of ROTJ belongs to us. We can annoy everyone by contantly stopping and replaying each scene of the final battle as we grab our F/X lightsabers and try to get them down pat. I figure you and I could spend about 4 or 5 hours watching that one alone.

11. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Now, we just need someone who can do a good Howard Cosell to do the commentary for the fight.

12. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I just thought I'd go ahead and set the date for the OT/Extras DVD showing so folks can plan their Fall schedules. We'll go ahead with the Saturday after the release which will be September 26th. We can supply various consumables and folks can bring whatever they'd like to drink. Also, feel free to bring whatever Star Wars goodies you might have on video and we can screen those as well.

A week or two in leg irons can't be all bad Roger!

13. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Actually Saturday would be the 25th. :) And actually that was the day we were looking to go to the Ren Fest. Hmmm. So it looks like we'll have to change one of those dates.

14. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Oops! :oops:
    I was looking at the wrong month when I said the 26th was a Saturday. And I completely forgot about the RenFest!
    Double oops!! :oops: :oops:
    If everyone would prefer, we can move the DVD get-together to the following Saturday.

Just keep me posted on what works best.

Cheers!

15. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ahhhhhhhhh! :eek:
    I just noticed that the week after the 25th is Oktoberfest at the RenFaire!!! Dear God in heaven will we ever be able to get together as a group and watch the Original Trilogy on DVD?!

I think I'll just go ahead and join the Air Force and then head down to the Academy with Roger!! Oh well, we'll figure this out...

16. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    At the last meeting, we were talking about scheduling this for the weekend of October 2nd or 9th. Are either of those good for you, Bruce?

17. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    As it turns out, I'm going to be performing in a show that runs from September 9th until October 9th. Performances are Wednesday through Sunday. Is it possible for folks to make it the following weekend which is October 16th? I know we'll be cramming a lot in during the month of October what with the Busch Gardens trip and a possible Halloween get-together, but hey, the more excuses to hook up, the better! :D
    Let me know if the 16th will work.

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The only possible conflict for the 16th is CapClave, but I told my friend who's in WSFA to find out if they actually would like us to do a panel or two - and to tell them to decide right now or they won't be able to count on us. Since I haven't heard anything from him, it may be safe to assume they're not really interested and the 16th is all free!!

19. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Unless I hear otherwise from you folks, why don't we go ahead and plan on October 16th for our little get-together.
    Cool?

20. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    You do realize that this is also going to double as a birthday party for at least 2 or 3 of us. Mine's the 14th of that month, and I think Zach's is the 19th. :D

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, then, Chrissy will just have to make us another delicious cake!!

22. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    I'd be happy to do another cake! Any flavor requests? I think the birthday victims ought to decide. But nothing crazy like coconut/pizza flavor. LOL.

23. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Chocolate!

Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!

CHOCOLATE!!!!

You know my vote's for chocolate, right?

24. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Our friend Laura's birthday is October 10th so I guess we'll be combining several B-days at this get-together on the 16th. As a matter of fact, how would you guys feel about making this an original trilogy DVD showing/birthday party/Halloween party kind of affair? We can always do something again closer to the 31st, but it's just a thought. Let me know what you think.

And I like buttercream icing on angel food cake!!!!!

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Sounds like we'll need lots of tiny cakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.