main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC OT Marathon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vaders_Kid, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm looking forward to it!

2. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll make sure I send out directions soon so you guys know where the heck your going. Makes sense, right? I will say that we have limited parking at our house. LIMITED! So whoever can carpool, please do so. We live in Alexandria, off of Duke St. near the 395 exit of Duke. We're not too far from the Van Dorn Metro if some folks need to use the subway. We can always pick up anyone who would need a ride from there. I'm not sure what time we'll start this shindig as yet. I guess it depends on what exactly everyone wants to see. If we're going for the entire trilogy, we'll want to give ourselves enough time to see them all. We can order Chinese carry-out or pizza (or both!) and we'll have tons-o-snacks and junk so just bring drinks and anything else you might want to munch on.

More info soon...

3. JK_Kyp_Durron

JK_Kyp_Durron Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
    If you could PM me directions as well I may be able to make this depending on the time we start. Thanks!

4. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Do we have a time yet? Ken's rescheduling all the stuff we had to miss while he was in the hospital so I'm just assuming that we'll be tossing folks out of our house at 6 from his RPG but if it's going to be different, we'll make his game another time.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I just need time and directions, I may be bringing a firend with me. so it will add more memebers to the fan force. LOL. just give me the word and im there.

6. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I think we're gonna have to cancel on this one. It's supposed to be clear and we really need to paint the deck :(

7. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    For those coming to our place this Saturday, just drop me a quick PM and I'll be sure to get directions to you. I thought we'd start this thing around 6:00 or 6:30 so let me know if that works with everyone.

8. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Mace keeps telling me he can't till this weekend. I hope you can handle his craziness. o_O

9. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    So.... starting at 6pm means we're not watching all three, right? That's totally fine with me, but I just want to clarify; or do you intend on having a sleep-over pajama-party? :D lol

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    We could still watch all 3. Particularly if we watch them how we usually do - with all kinds of other things going on! And a break for being tossed out at 10.....

11. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I probably can't stay for all three... but I'll hobble in and make an appearance. Hehehehehe.

We were going to have a 'meeting', but I'm not sure I have anything that needs discussing. Unless someone else does...

12. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    We might just want to have a meeting, anyway. Just to say we had our November meeting.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sure we can come up with something. To make it official and all that. There's the battling New Years Parties. Holiday Party. ROTK Party.

I sense a theme.

14. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, so we can discuss parties at the party. Excellent.

And you guys are practicing coming up with an agenda for when I'm not around... Good for you! :p

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll work on a "Valerie's not here so we need something to make it official" agenda...

16. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey guys,
    I'll be sending out directions to our place today to those who have requested them. Also, some have wondered about the starting time (I figure about 6:00pm) and whether or not we'll have time to watch all three films. Part of the reason I made it early evening rather than early afternoon is becasue I have a rehearsal on Saturday and I'm not sure exactly how late we'll go. This way I'll still have time to get home and get things set up. Whatever that means! Also, I'm a night person, so I don't have any problem with staying up late if folks want to keep going. We don't even have to watch all three movies if you'd prefer. We have copies of 'Troops', The infamous 'Holiday Special', and other Star Wars related stuff that we can watch as well. I'll leave it up to the majority since I'm cool with whatever we watch! As to "eats", we can order Chinese Take-Out or Pizza and we'll buy some various "munchies" for snacking on during the film fest. Feel free to bring snacks of your own if you'd like and make sure you bring whatever it is you want to drink. One last thing that is important. We have almost NO PARKING where we live. You'll see what I mean when you get there. If you can carpool, please do. Also, we can arrange to pick folks up at the Van Dorn metro if you don't wish to drive. We can fit a few cars down at the bottom of the hill, and a one or two on the driveway, but that's about it unfortunately.

17. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    I just sent out PM's to a few of you who requested directions to our place for Saturday's get-together. If anyone else needs directions, PM me and I'll get them out to you ASAP.
    Zak, I haven't heard from you yet. If you're not coming, I'm canceling this thing! I mean it!!!

Psst! You other guys!
    Do you think Zak believes me?

18. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    What? Ken and I aren't enough? I'm hurt. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go downstairs and cry at your desk.

19. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Oh Eugenia, of course you and Ken are enough. As a matter of fact, you're MORE than enough!
    Now stop your belly achin' and get back to work!

20. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Is this this weekend? Please send me directions. I'm working until 8, but I'd like to stop by after that if there's still goings-on.

21. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Sorry, Bruce! :D I'm good at procrastinating... Drop me a PM, since I'll probably get conned into driving people... ;) :cool:

22. Oboewan

Oboewan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    I wish I could make it, but I'll be Oboeing Saturday night!

Enjoy!

Jeff2

23. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I shall be there, I'll grab some chips also before i come up.

24. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Details I need details! How'd the meeting go? What did you all vote on for the official Holiday Party Date? Did you all have fun? Did you watch all three movies? *wishing I could have been there*.

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks to Bruce and Laura for having us over! I had a fine time, and feel I've got that teaser trailer fairly well memorized. I found myself weakening afterwords - the DVDs sure look pretty! I hope Mace has recovered from his "acrobatics" and that he's finally got his shirt back on. I wonder what will happen if he gets together with Wendy and Jeff's friendly R2 unit....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.