main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit OT novelizations from Barnes & Noble?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Riven_JTAC, Jan 5, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If we had B&N in the UK I'd be looking for this.

2. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I am a few chapters into the ANH novelization. I must say, I am really pleased with it.

Yes, as someone pointed out above, it closely tracks the movie. A lot of stuff is word-for-word the same. That said, there is more than enough difference to make it a fascinating read. I love seeing a written description of actions we take for granted in the film, being able to see the "thoughts" of the characters, and the extra scenes or parts of scenes we don't get in the movie. It's really interesting to see how things changed from the novelization to the movie, too.

I will admit, some of the references are out of place. There are a lot of references to real-world things (animals, objects, etc.) that are out of place in a Star Wars piece. Still, the references get the points across. Other than that, it flows really well and is a quick read. Even though I know everything (well, not everything; some changes!) that is going to happen, I am still really hungry for more. This was definitely a good buy!