main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA **OT on DVD - Nov. 2004**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kaui-Gone-Jim, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    The mention on TFN Main Page of the possible OT DVD release on Nov. 4, 2004 is welcome news...

The word is that the episodes will be sold seperately.

This would make sense, if each was a 2-disc set, with the original version AND the SE included. :D
    (Similar to the 2002 dvd 2-disc set of 'E.T.')

One can hold 'a new hope' that this will be the case... er, inside the case! :)

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Nov 4 seems like an odd day. DVDs normally come out on Tuesdays. And I wouldn't get your hopes up for getting the original and SE Jim. The way LFL acted about the original version being shown in LA a couple months ago, the likelihood of getting it on DVD is very low. If they are 2 disc sets (I don't remember the article mentioning that) the 2nd disc would likely just be bonus material.

Still, I look forward to having even just the SE on DVD.

3. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    As am I Barry. It seems like such a long time though! :(

4. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    Barry, you're right. When I looked up the 2004 calender, Nov. 4 is a thursday.
    I heard that some places (SooperCollector) are selling bootleg OT dvd's even now.

Yes, starwars6554, it is a long wait, but so is Ep. 3 (and for Region 1, Volumes 3 and 4, of the Futurama dvd's :( )

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I heard that some places (SooperCollector) are selling bootleg OT dvd's even now.

I wouldn't doubt it. They're probably just selling the Chinese bootlegs you can find on the net.

it is a long wait, but so is Ep. 3 (and for Region 1, Volumes 3 and 4, of the Futurama dvd's )

You should just get yourself either a region free or region selectable DVD player. That way you can just buy the European DVDs and watch them now :) I've heard that no one in Europe will buy a DVD player unless they can change the region on it. This is mostly because most, if not all, movies come out as Region 1 first. TV shows are different as Europe seems to get them on DVD before we do.

6. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Ah, the Hong Kong bootleg...such horrible quality, but the only place someone can go if you really want something on DVD LIKE NOW. I love Super Collector, I know I can walk outta there with a copy of the never-released Macross Movie, the entire GunBuster anime series, and Star Wars, all on DVD, without breaking the bank.

As for the real deal OT being on DVD...Well, I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen these movies so many times, how many other ways can you watch them? This whole thing would be such a serious undertaking to produce. What materials would they choose/leave out for bonus features? Commentary? Menus? Lot's of stuff to think about.

... Let's just hope they don't make them anything like they did the Indianna Jones DVDs. I swear, the menus and everything looked like such a rush-job. I was pretty let down by that.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I can walk outta there with a copy of the never-released Macross Movie

Which Macross Movie would that be? Is that the one that was shown in like one theater in Texas back in the 80's? Or is it the Macross: Do You Remember Love movie?

I think everyone's giving the OT on DVD rumors a lot more weight because until recently, we never had even a partial release date. It was always "after Episode 3". Now we're hearing, I thought, September 2004. And that date is coming from several different sources. I believe the main source was the big meeting LFL had a few weeks back with all their licensees. The release date has also been showing in several retailers computers and the same stores have been getting notices from Fox. I think this could definitely be it. Of course, that doesn't preclude LFL from releasing another set after Episode 3 :)

8. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I wish it was that one they released in the 80's...It's Do You Remember Love?, which is actually pretty good.

What's going on with Super Collector? Last I heard, they're open by appointment only, 2-3 days outta the week. Guess they're trying to get serious clientele only.

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    What's going on with Super Collector? Last I heard, they're open by appointment only, 2-3 days outta the week. Guess they're trying to get serious clientele only.

Wow. I guess that's what happens when you start carrying collectables that a lot of people can't afford. Last time I was in there, they had a ton of things that most of their shoppers would probably never have the funds for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.