main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[OT] Other Card Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Kenix Kil, Apr 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Actually as a comic fan and not just a fan of the movie I thought the game art was excellent. Plus X-men did have a bonus...you couldn't count cards.

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I found some games while cleaning that I bought a little of, but never played.
    one was Blood Wars, which looked terrible, the other was Ani-Mayhem, a game using characters and such from 4 or 5 different Anime. I don't believe either even exists anymore.

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I want to revive this topic briefly, and ask a question:

What is so great about Magic?

I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly want to know why so many people still love playing that game. I played a few games with my nephew several months ago, just to try it, and I don't see what the big deal is.

4. Kenix Kil

Feb 7, 2000
    I dont know if I can say what is so great about Magic except for that it really has something for everyone. I mean for the people out there who love strategy Magic has the most strategy of any card game. The games can be quick or take a while there is really no way to tell. Mainly it feels like it is a real battle. Units that fly cannot be blocked by units who cant fly, that sort of thing. It appeals to people who like fantasy more then sci-fi fans.

5. Kenix Kil

Feb 7, 2000
    To add to my last post there also is more then one way to win. You can deal 20 damage to your opponent. You can make him run out of cards in his deck. It just increases strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.