main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT Recast with OT forum members!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Asabrush, Aug 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanof1

ryanof1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2000
    rumor mill - two actors are in a fury over a classic line. Ryanof1 seems to be contemplating the role of Lando, in addition to his role as Admiral Motti. He will be in the casting line.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wah-wah. I just realized I don't have a single Imperial role, so I want to be that extra on the Executor who says "We're in position now, sir."

3. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    DLM...your talents are better served as the person to whom that line is delivered....Piett! We don't have a Piett yet, and you'd be perfect.

Plus, since you wouldn't have a role in ANH, you could still, <ahem>, take a more dierectorial role in production?

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Dark Lady, we really need a Piett.

Red Seven, why shouldn't I have my own assistent? I mean I am Artoo, Lady in Brown, TIE-pilot who crashes into Vader, and running most of the executive office.

Oh, I got to go, I have a er, er, meeting. Oh yes, I have a special meeting with one of the security guys.

5. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    DLM: Although Red & I have certain "artistic issues" I am in complete agreement. This ship needs a helmsman, and you are the right person for it. Contact the Production office ASAP!We also need high calibre heavy weight actors to play Imperial Officers. You must except our offer for the Piett role![whipser] I can sort you out a personal trailer, with shag carpeting;)[whisper]

Obi Anne: I think we have found our Lando!

Does anyone here agree with me that the set designers should pat themselves on the back, what a great job!!! Not many people can do the things they do with corrigated cardboard & a shoelace!!!

P.S. - Red-Seven: We may have our own visions for the ANH recast production (Death Star scenes) but you will always be welcome as a member of the production team for ESB. And, yes you get your own trailer aswell!

6. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    Right get the press off my back they cant get another of the great Lejmar of down 2 eath fame!

i want my own trailor!

i turned down star trel VXIXIIIVXXXIII- klingons invaded the old people home to do this!

WHERES THE DIRECTOR?

should i say "we're mot going to attack" or WE@RE NOT GOING TO ATTACK!!!!" or *mumble* we're...um...er not going to attack?" or maybe with a russian accent never been to russia but hey

7. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    lejmar, I thought we had this discussion! There are too few trailers to go around for everybody to have one each! We must all muck in for the sake of the production...sheesh!!! Some actors really ask for too much. One minute it's uniforms to "fit propably" the next "personal trailers";)

Anyway the contract has been signed and the gates are locked. You will do this production!!! As for the Director. He or SHE (hint hint) will be announced shortly and will be far too busy to deal with trailer issues (that's my department!), you'll have to speak to an Assistant Director or the lady who cleans my trailer!

P.S. - I think the russian accent would sound really cool!!!!

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've found my coffe mug! So from now on everybody is free to visit the office again. By the way Asabrush, what is my exact title, I need something flashy to write on my door.

9. Red-Seven

Oct 21, 1999
    Here is the prelim schedule for 1st unit shooting. I believe we will be doing the 'tattooine' shoot first, right? in the Yuma desert?

I hear the set builders have done a great job w/ the DS (interior and exterior). They are a bit behind, though (rumor has it they were running around with arms to the side making 'strafing runs'). Perhaps Asabrush can find 'new ways to motivate them'.

Attached file: Tattooine Call Sheet

10. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Obi Anne, your official title is:

Excecutive Producer in charge of The Production Office & Castings (Senior VP in charge of Mugs Recastfilms Ltd).

By the way the budget allows for all members of the Production Team to have very large brass plates to go on their doors! We need to discuss writers to tweek the script for Wedge & Tarkin, what d'ya think?

Excellent report Red! Have you got your brass plate yet? I'll send the lads from down the pub round to "motivate" any "unco-operative" staff!!!!

11. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I'm back!

We're still missing Imperials? I'll be Captain Needa then.

I picked up some great swimming tips, Anne, from watching the Olympics. My swimming has greatly improved.

The sets look wonderful! And I think DLM would make a great director.

12. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Welcome back Erin!!!!

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Welcome back Erin! Let's go to the water tank and rehearse.

14. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Obi Anne, I see you have taken to your official title, excellent! Now about the remaining castings.........

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Of course I've taken on my title, it's no use having a title if you can't show it.

Remaining casting, who do we lack?

16. Red-Seven

Oct 21, 1999
    I've got a spoiler report here.....

You know how GL is pioneering moviemaking techniques by using digital cameras to shoot SW2? Well, the folks in production @recast are planning to shoot the entire movie using handheld digital camcorders! (once they are 'procurred'). The boundries for the medium are being driven back by productions both large and small!!

Also, I've learned that there has been a marked increase in activity in production. The following actors were seen riding in a VW bus through the arizona desert the weekend: Aakim Orates, Rebel_with_a_cause, Princess HAL9000, Obi Anne, Keila_, Vedekcobol and even DLM (dressed in full brown robes). Could DLM be an apprentice to OB1 in jedi robes? Or merely a scavenging jawa??

Analysis of these reports lead us to believe that they were headed to the first of the 'tatooine' shoots, widely rumored to be slotted first.

17. ryanof1

ryanof1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2000
    confirmed casting reports that ryanof1 has acquired the role of Lando. He enjoys strutting around the set with his cape, and saying the line, "What have you done with my ship?"

18. Erin Kenobi

May 30, 2000
    Obi Anne, this water tank is too small. My tail keeps hitting the edge of the tank. Can't they afford a larger one?

Asabrush, since I'm Captain Needa, don't you think we need to practice?

Just in! An insider reports-

Chadawanlearner (Han Solo) has been practicing at the target range. I managed to speak with him and he has confirmed that he will shoot first. Darth Pozzi (Emperor Palpatine) and The Emperor's Foot (one of Palpy's feet) have been bickering lately. Pozzi claims The Emperor's Foot has been moving too quickly while walking out of the shuttle. Kermit (Wedge's R2 unit), Yop (mouse droid), and Obi Anne (R2-D2) have been practicing their beeping together during the Cloud City rehearsals. This has greatly annoyed Lord Mauly Mall (Boba Fett), who believes in silence on the set.

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Erin, I've managed to get acess to a sport arena, where they have a 25m pool to swim in. We are allowed to do both rehearsing and shooting between 01.00 and 02.30 in the night.

I've also invested in some umbrellas for the Tatooine people, it's hot in the desert. The rumours that these umbrellas are for a big musical number is false. ;-)

DLM and I have now decided on the perfect version on brown to our clothes.

20. Yop

Yop Jedi Master star 1

Feb 27, 1999
    Will people STOP PUTTING THEIR COFFEE CUPS ON ME!!!

21. Red-Seven

Oct 21, 1999
    [chewbacca]ROAR![/chewbacca]

That should take care of YOP....

22. Yop

Yop Jedi Master star 1

Feb 27, 1999
    Look, I'd also like to complain about this blatant bullying too. It's obvious what's going on here - just because I'm a minority and I'm small, you all think you can take advantage of me. Well I'm not having it. I demand that the script be altered to give me a higher status. A sith maybe. Yes, a sith mouse droid. I will take all of you rebel scum on and I will destroy you, Vader and The Emperor and I SHALL RULE THE GALAXY.
    GYAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

23. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    *******************Official Announcment***********

Recastfilms have been asked to respond to the increasingly alarming demands made by certain members of the "acting team".

While every effort is being made to accomodate new ideas for our vision of the trilogy the Production team feel they must make several points clear.

1. While the writers have been asked to ensure certain characters have increased screen time, there will be no Sith Mouse Droid. Wedge, Tarkin, Porkins & Mouse Droid WILL have extra speaking scenes.

2. The production team take very seriously accusations of bullying but accept that "actors" do tend to get emotional and this is a hazard of our profession.

3. Every effort is being made to attach a coffee table to Yop, just in case his costume gets ruined.

4. The rumours of "fights" are purely internet & media speculation. All disagreements have been "amicable & friendly" & handled in a mature fashion. We are all one big happy family!!!!

5. The rumours of a wasted budget, fraudulent insurance claims and the suggestion of certain props & costumes being unlawfully acuired are grossly unfair and cannot be proved!

6. An announcment on Director & Writers will be made SOON!!!!!

We in the Production team hope this clears a thing or two up and look forward to continuing our tight schedule:)

24. Erin Kenobi

May 30, 2000
    That sounds great Anne, but do you think we could sneak into the pool in Sydney? If we have to get up so early to practice, we should at least have a nice place to rehearse in.

And Yop, you make a wonderful coffee table. Don't worry, we won't spill anything on you!

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, Sydney would be great Erin, don't you think you should try one of those new bathing suites, the shark skin or what they are called.

Yop, you are a very good coffetable and since I'm in charge of the coffemug marketing I've decided that we will also have a Yop coffetable to go with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.