main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI OT release party

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello Grand Rapids,

With the release of the OT on DVD a scant three weeks away, [face_dancing], we the members of R2-Detroit are planning a big bash to include the 501st and the Rebel Legion (Costuming groups)and we would like to invite you guys as well.

We are looking at having a private screening at AMC Forum 30 in Sterling heights. There will be a fee to rent out the space obviously, but from what I understand, not as much as we may think. If we can get enough people interested, it will keep the cost down. Just for those that don't know, it's not a whole theatre we would be renting, they have a private room with a large screen that can accomodate (I think) around 30-40 people.

I think this would be a great way to kick off the final six months before Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and a fall and winter filled with "Star Wars"!

We have kinda pinpointed Saturday, October 2nd for the day, but that all depends on availability of the theatre.

I will keep ya'all posted as I learn more details, if there is any interest.

~Scooby

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Hi! That sounds like a great idea. I'd love for all of us to get together. :)

Think on it peoples, sounds fun right?

3. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    what a great idea!! hope you're planning on a weekend - only one i wouldn't be able to make is saturday october 2nd. sterling heights i can do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.