main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT - Roger Wilco

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by WhisperingDeath, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Tired of having to wait hours between when you post and when you get a reply?
    Tired of getting flamed because of the deficiencies of communicating through text messaging?

Then are you in for a treat! Join the first TFN Roger Wilco talk session from 10pm - 11pm CST tonight, Sunday September 8th. The Channel name will be 4.63.71.216:3782/Shawn and will be formed at 10pm CST.

All you need is a microphone on your computer and download roger wilco here.

Talk to you there!

2. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    what? please explain more. I'm confused.

Don't look at me, I'm result of poor American education system ;)

3. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Roger Wilco is a voice communication program. You just download the software, set it up, and tell it what server to go into. Once there you talk in the server using your microphone and speakers. Just like a telephone except without any fees and with many people!

4. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    well, since a few individuals have made fun of the way I look, I don't think I should post how I talk because that could lead to more harassment [face_plain]

5. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    The Roger Wilco server is devoted to creating a land free of the restrictions of text messaging and away from the horrors of TFN politics. Everyone is welcome and it will be a good time... DLR has nothing on us ;)

P.S. - any members of DLR are invited to come and show us the real way to talk online :D

6. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm on os 10.2 damn i wish i could do this, also considering the fact that my damn dual g4 1 gigahertz doesn't even have a mic in port!!!

7. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    oh no! ah the travesties of the MAC. :(

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Roger Wilco is the name of the space janitor hero in the Space Quest series...

9. Krapitino

Krapitino Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    You expect me to stay up until 2 in the morning to blather for an hour when I have actual work-like activities to attend to tomorrow?

:(

10. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Infact Yes! 10:00 cst whoo hoo! meet in the IRC channel if you have any technical issues.

11. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Alright the RW is open, come one come all. Me and anonamous_Jedi are in here now!

12. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Yes, Anonamous Jedi is there, so is BrentK7, and myself. ;)

13. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    I'd join but I don't feel like giving out my personal information to that program ;)

14. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    oh come on Homer, get in here it is good times!

and yes brent and AJ are in here with me... golden Y is about to Join also so get in here if you want in on the action.

15. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    You don't have to..

16. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    it won't let me install unless I give them my email, full name and birthdate. wtf do they want with all that?

17. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Well the 1st Official Roger Wilco session is now over and largely with success. We learned a lot about how many of us stood on the issues of origional music and long waits for Fan Films. Anonymous Jedi was even kind enough to stay up until 11:30 his time to talk with us. Brent7k talked to us for a good while but lost connection and was never able to return :( maybe next time buddy. Golden_Y stopped in and started talking 3D speak and we were able to learn a lot. He was even kind enough to show us a pic or two on his new work in progress Jedi Aprentice, which I must say seems to be comming along well, definatly on my radar now!

Well thank you for all who came in and talk and those who tried. I will definately do this again as it was great fun for all.

18. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I missed it! Dang you Wal*Mart!!!! Anyway, there is always next time, eh Shawn? Sage.

19. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
  20. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    wouldn't it be easier to set up a chatroom in yahoo chat with voice enabled? Since it is java, no 3rd party software or setup required.

I think Roger Wilco came with a space shooter game called Free Space if I remember correctly. That was a fun game.

Edit: I created a room. It is under arts and entertainment then movies then userrooms and it is called star wars fanfilms.

21. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Because Yahoo Chat is screwy. It doesn't work half the time for some of the people, and some of the time for more than half of everyone else.

:(

Anywho, I missed it because the University HAD CONNECTION PROBLEMS!! :mad:

Maybe next time. :D

Chris

22. WhisperingDeath

May 25, 2002
    Yes, there most definately will be a next time. I will probobly set up another RW chat session on Saturday night and will soon host a base station that is always open so people can just jump in the chat at any time of the day. ;)

Have a great time with fanfilms, talk to you later :D

23. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    mpfjr, I can't find the yahoo chat.....I went to arts and entertainment, and checked user rooms, and there is no fan films chat. Can you help me out here? Thanks!

24. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Go to ianstorm.com, click on Live Chat in the menu bar on the left. Type in your name and #fanfilms in the Channel field, click Connect.

25. Lord_Homer

Apr 30, 2002
    uh, that doesn't help me, some here know why. I was talking about the YAHOO chat, if you noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.