Roch, NY OT: Serenity

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Since it's less than a month away, I thought I'd post and see if anyone else, aside from Jeff and I, are planning on seeing the BDM (Big Damn Movie). It opens on September 30th.

I absolutly loved the Firefly series and am looking forward to the movie, even if I have some reservations about it...we shall see. ;)

Currently I'm finishing putting together my costume...yay! Hopefully I'll find as useable fabric tomorrow and that's the next to last piece I need to work on. Spent some time weathering stuff just now and I have a couple more mods to do before I'll be done. Easiest costume ever.... :D

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else planning on seeing Serenity?
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure we'll want to see it too, but still have yet to cathc all the episodes
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Astronomicon was thinking of having a table for the premiere. I was hoping to see the movie opening weekend either way whether we have a table for the clubs or not.

~Doc_Bev
  4. Ayka Jedi Knight

star 1
    a few of my co-workers are estatic about the upcoming movie, and we're big fans of the Series.

I have a feeling I'll be going to see it, lol.

5. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    One of very very few Space shows I ever liked. It blew me away. I'll be First in Line. I'll Race you HothGirl. Yes many reservations about it but I am sure it will be shiny. The Revers are my main concern. I saw some stuff on one of those magazine shows the other day that made it look pretty darn promosing over all. Not to much to spoil, Same great dialoge and stuff. I feel very very lucky as a fan, We get a movie from a canceled TV show that we all loved so much. More Kaili YAY!!!!!!!! Yes it will be differnet but pretty much the same. Lets hope it does well and there is more.
  7. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I shall be first in line because I have a pointy umbrella that say so.

:p
  8. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  9. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    YOU can be a bad guy, I'm being the mechanic. :p

Inara has a lot of pretty dresses, but this will be easier to wear. Hence why I'm saving Kaylee's Shindig dress for another time, there is no way I could sit through the movie and be in that!

I will be comfy and have a weapon, of sorts. I actually do have pic from the movie of one of the bad guys...if memory serves he has some sort of chest plate armor thing on. I'll have to check.

I get to attempt to dye fabric for my jacket today. Since I've spent a month searching for something close and can't find a thing. :( I don't think this stuff will actually dye, but I'm going to try anyway!
  10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Kaylee is way cooler. Cant wait to see. I'll at least have a blue sun shirt to wear. If I had a suit I could wear it and find blue rubber gloves. Do they even sell those? I don't know.
  11. nevetsmlahh Jedi Knight

star 1
    not sure if i'll see it or not.
  12. Ayka Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just obtained the entire "Firefly" DVD Set from a Co-Worker so I can catch up on the story.
  13. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes! Catch up! It's WONDERFUL! :D

14. Akayeon Jedi Padawan

Watched the first Episode with Ayk last night. Its actually pretty good!

but, question: Are all the episodes like an Hour and a half long?
  15. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nope, that was the pilot and Fox (*shakes fist*) didn't even air that until part way through the season.

Most of the episodes should run just short of an hour and in a way, I'm envious of those that got the DVD's first - you can watch them in the order Joss intended them to be seen. Fox wasn't all the great when the aired things...airing things out of order and such. Grrr.

That series is sooo much fun!

Also, I believe there is going to be a Firefly marathon on Sci-Fi, of September 27th if anyone else wants to catch up before the movie. :D

And on a side note, I was taken to a movie this weekend I wasn't exactly impressed with...BUT the one redeeming quality was that the Serenity trailer played before it (I hadn't seen it on the big screen before then).

16. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hoth Girl, had a date???????? Do Tell!
  17. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Inquiring Minds NEED to know. :D
  18. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ugh. NO! Not that kind of date!

Lyn (whom most of you have met) and I went out with one of our friends who's back home on leave after being stationed in England for the past two years.

*shakes head* No, no and no.
  19. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    :p No respect, Katie!

Gil introduced Firefly to me, and even though I only saw a little bit of it, it looks interesting. I was hoping to get out to see Serenity, but I think we'll be home with the baby.

Someone will have to let me know how the movie is.
  20. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you Chris! ;)

If you aren't able to make it out for the movie, definitly check out the marathon...get the wee one started young. :)
  21. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    ;)
  22. jedijason8080 Jedi Master

star 4
    Gil doesnt let us barrow any of his dvds anymore since chris kept family guy for a few months. So i cant wait till the 27th.
  23. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I was trying to find a good picture of Cobb for a possible costume for opening night. Any ideas?
  24. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.further-abandonment.com/firefly/firefly.html

Google is sucha wonderfull thing
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Or
    http://www.browncoats.com/index.php?ContentID=42e83e8d450ba

Or
    http://images.google.com/images?q=jayne+cobb&hl=en

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status: