main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY OT: Serenity

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    ok we borrowed the dvd set & started to watch last nightnot too bad but not hooked yet. So Far we've seen the Pilot & 1 episode.

2. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I thought we watched more than that last night. <<yawn>> It went past my bedtime, but it was a pretty good episode I didn't remember seeing before (the dance and duel).

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    That episode is 'Shindig!' :D

I have some a link for caps from all the Firefly Episodes if you're interested Wingnut. I'll send it over when I get home tonight.

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Got the Official magazine guide today. Should not have done that though. I want to look inside but want to wait to see untill movie. Must not look.
    NO!!!!!! Dont do a costume Scott. If I am the only one of us not in costume I will scream. Some day when I am making lots of dough I am going to get a brown coat and do a Mal costume. I was going to attempt one without the coat but could not see how to do one with out spending a lot. Maybe I can throw something together anyway. We shall see.

Firefly was one of the best DVD purchases I ever made. I am so glad that so many people are getting into it now. Better late then never I guess. I run into someone catching up oin it eveyrday it seems. I remember seeing the promos and then waitng for the first episode and intantly being blown away by how well written it was and stuff. I had the same feeling I had for X files, it was a movie every week. I could not wait for more. Then I would bring it up inconversation and people would be like what show is that, I never heard of it, and then it was off the air. And then some people would say stuff like must not have been that great, then I tell them its going to be a movie.

5. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Wingnut - don't listen to Jeff - do a costume if you want to. I think you would make an awesome Jayne.

And, Jeff - I'm sure you won't be the only one there without a costume. I know KnightShade and I don't have Firefly costumes. I think the closest we can come is to wear the Serenity buttons we got from Adam Baldwin's table. :p

~Doc_Bev

6. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Those of you sans Firefly costumes will not be alone: I do not have one, nor do I plan on putting one together, at least not yet. I remember liking the series a lot when it was on (had to watch it, being a big Buffy and Angel fan), though I only caught an episode or two. The one that sticks out in my mind (as I found out today by visiting Browncoats.com) is "Our Mrs. Robinson", with the smoking-hot red-headed honey that the Captain winds up with as a "wife". Wow. Red-heads just do it for me, and that actress is out-of-this-world, pun intended.

Just let me know when and where we'll be catching the flick, and I'll join you, probably in jeans and a Rebellion shirt.

7. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    For anyone interested in getting a spiffy Jayne hat...I know of a few people who are making them and decent prices. ;) PM me and I'll shoot the info over.

And, for a wealth of information AND screencaps from every episodes, please visit the wonderfully shiny Still Flying!

:D

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Scott- you may already know this, but there are a few people out there that sell replicas of Janes variouse T Shirts. Look on the forums over at FireFlyFans.net as well as the Brown coats site.
    One of them is a tan Bluesun shirt but I have not seen anyone selling the tank top like he wears in one episode.

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    And on a related note...
    I picked up the Serenity "Mercenary Jayne" action figure this evening from Media Play. The outfit is definately do-able but his weapons are a bit well...complicated. I might need some help from the Ayk twins on this one.

MASTERS OF WEAPONRY...I CALL THEE!

:)

10. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Are the clubs having a table at Tinseltown for the opening weekend of the movie? If so, could we have another (general SF) raffle and food or supply drive for the American Red Cross or some other group helping those affected by Katrina?

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just sent an email to Wayne at RFF to see if he was still planning on that or not. Either way, the USS Tranquility could spearhead an event as Serenity would fall under their "jurisdiction". ;)

~Doc_Bev

12. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    It's getting closer.....three weeks!

Hopefully JoAnn's will have alterable fabric tomorrow.

Wow, a costume I'm actually going to have done well ahead of when I need it. What a concept... ;)

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes Jeff I know about the Blue Sun Shirts but thanks for the tip.
    My Tan Blue Sun should be on its way to me through the mail. :)

14. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    You need a hat though. :p

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves Dear Katie.
    My paycheck is only so large.

16. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Wing-y, you've got my Cell number (if you dont, shoot me a PM), im always availible (pending School & work scheduals) to do some costuming, it seems to be the only thing latly thats keeping me sane, or even non-depressed LOL, im getting so bored.

Im sure we could build Vera, either a hard way, or an easy way, I'll have to get some screen captures from the show.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It's official - I'm going to be calling Tinseltown tomorrow to make arrangements to have a table set-up. This will probably be in the evening, but I'm not positive on the times until they release showtimes next week.

~Doc_Bev

18. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I feel like I just got my hand slapped by a person on the rochester browncoats yahoo group. They aid they avoid Tinseltown like the plague and that she (I think it's a she) has never been there because none of her family or friends will go. This, after I said I'd probably be going to a later showing and probably at Tinseltown because I'm two hours away.

LOL...I asked why Tinseltown is so horrible. I'm almost afraid of a reply but I'm curious and I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just making a comment. [face_tired]

19. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Oh yeah, anyway...so the Tranquility is setting up a table or is it for Astronomicon?

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It's mostly for Astronomicon, but all the local clubs can put literature out on the tables. I'm going to bring my signed cast pictures for display and Wayne (Astronomicon Chairman) is planning a raffle possibly of the Firefly DVD box set.

That's too bad that the local Browncoats have a thing against Tinseltown. What theatre are they going to? I suppose it doesn't really matter to me which I call tomorrow as I don't have a contact at any theatre (other than possibly the Greece Regal) at the moment.

~Doc_Bev

21. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. I believe they're going out Victor way because it seems like a more central location to their group.

Not sure, barely anyone has posted and if they do things outside the yahoo group they don't let anyone else know about it. Scary part is I've posted more than anyone else in the group. :confused:

Don't get it. I'd still say Tinseltown is the best bet but I really haven't had any negative experiences there.

Lyn and a good friend of ours will be up for the movie. Yay!

22. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Okay, I feel a little better now. Someone replied and said he'd be going to Tinseltown to a later showing. ;)

From what he posted, I'm going to guess part of the problem with Tinseltown was that parents dropped their kids off and essentially used it as a babysitting service. But it has gotten better. This must've been a while ago too 'cause I've been visiting Tinseltown for seven years or so without trouble.

Ah well, should be fun! I'm guessing I'll probably make a showing around 9pm that night. (Hopefully my umbrella comes in in time!)

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah they've been really strong about enforcing their new FRIDAY night Policies.
    Tinseltown really cleaned up their act after all the complaints and fights that were breaking out in the parking lots from all the lil teeny-morons who were 'thuggin' it out.

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah I remember that new policy starting when Hitchiker's came out back in April. I was so confused why the news crews weren't interested in an almost 8' tall Wookiee and troopers with towels on. :p

~Doc_Bev

25. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah...I remember that too. :p

We shall have a great time! Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.