Roch, NY OT: Serenity

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Spoke w/ General Manager over at Tinseltown who took down my name & number to give to their promotions manager. Although he did mention that although they're pencilled in to get Serenity - they're not confirmed yet. [face_worried]
    So... hopefully I'll be hearing back from their promotions manager soon...
    If for some strange reason they aren't getting it - I think Regal Henrietta would be the next place I would try.

~Doc_Bev
  2. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't imagine why they wouldn't get it.

3. nevetsmlahh Jedi Knight

star 1
    usally if there penciled in for a movie they get it in, or at least they used to when I worked there years ago.
  4. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah...if they didn't get it, I'd be kinda shocked.

Hopefully my Kaylee jacket will get sewn together tomorrow so I can paint some designs on it! Gotta hustle to do that, because I have a jacket I need to alter and a vest to sew that'll be shipped back down to JediAgent for the opening.

Sooo much stuff this month! And I'm so far behind on my workshop stuff (and costume stuff) for The Witching Hour!

Argh! :p
  5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Would that be for Ryans Simon costume from the pilot? Or something else.
  6. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep, it's Ryan's Simon costume. I just got the jacket he wants altered today along with the fabric for the vest (and tie).

And now, as has been the norm for the past three years before the G&W parade, I have a cold. Grrr. Stupid nose. :mad:
  7. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Aside from the hat <eyes narrow>
    my list is slowly whittling down for Cobb.
    I've got the pistol, the rifle, the shirts, the pants

I'll be getting a belt and boots this weekend but I'm still short a holster and a knife and holder.
    Crud.
  8. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ya might want to forgo the knife for the movie theatre... I'm not sure that would really put us in their good graces. [face_worried]

I'm going to try to get to the Thrift Store and see what kind of western-y outfit I can put together in time. [face_cowboy]

So far, my Firefly refresher course has only brought me up to the end of The Train Job... I have a lot of TV time ahead of me. [face_hypnotized]

Still haven't heard back from Tinseltown... Maybe I'll stop in after we get back in town after G&W.

~Doc_Bev
  9. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    so all I need is a belt, boots, and holster.
    The rest I can "wing" so to speak.
  10. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    The best part is if you don't really like the 'western' side of Firefly you can go 'oriental.' So much fun!

My umbrella came today, if I've got paint I'll be working tonight! If my head cold let's me that is...d'oh...
  11. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Scotty;

Remember my Indy holster? Would that work for you? You may still need a belt, but the holster slides onto any belt. Lemme know...
  12. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh! I place to check for a knife might be the Halloween section of stores. That stuff is starting to appear now and you shouldn't have a problem getting a plastic one in...
  13. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    hey I was loking at some production stills & noticed that the Shepard isn't in any of them, Is he not in the movie?
  14. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I never did get a chance to call Tinseltown today. We were much longer at the cemetery that I had initially planned. I'll try again tomorrow.

I did notice that the showtimes for Friday are 1:10pm, 4:20pm, 7:10pm and 10:00pm.
    Serenity is 119 mins long, so the 7:10pm showing would work best for us babysitter wise. I was thinking if we got there around 6pm then we could get a couple people in our group as place holders in line (or start a line if there isn't one already) while others put out some fliers and maybe help with the raffle (if we actually get that going). Around 6:20pm the 4:20pm showing will let out and we'll get to bombard them with fliers. :D

I'm still hoping to get over to the thrift store to put together a quick costume and finish watching the Firefly series. We'll see how that goes... I think I'll have to read the episode guides on www.tv.com and just watch the ones that don't sound familiar. :(

~Doc_Bev
  16. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I dont know if "Jayne" will be doing place-holding for seats this time around.

After all...Evil Row guy with lightsaber was a big hit at the Ep3 Premiere...heh.
  17. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ugh...nice showtimes. Bah.

Not sure what time I'll be able to get there...I'll call Lyn tomorrow and see if we'll be able to make the 7:10pm showing. If we leave almost as soon as she gets out of work, the earliest we could get there is 6:30pm.
  18. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    No offense intended, I like the show & all but truthfully, I'll be suprised if ther's a big crowd for this movie, I'm thinking Seat holders won't be a problem.[face_worried]

Don't hate me cause I'm Beautiful8-}

on another note are we doing food afterwards?[face_pig] [face_coffee]
  19. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I'm not picturing enough people will be there to worry about seat holding. That wasn't what I had meant exactly anyways. More so a line holder as we'd be there before they'd allow seating we'd have to start our own little line to wait our turn to get in.

We could probably do food afterwards. I still have to find a babysitter...

~Doc_Bev
  20. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah I'm not guessing it'll be a huge crowd (at least not for this movie...maybe the sequel ;) ) but I'd still like to make sure I have my ticket and a decent seat since I love this series!

Not sure Lyn and I will be doing dinner as it's our friend Ian (who's also coming) last night before his next military assignment thingy that I can't remember what it's called because my brain is apparently on vacation. So he'll be shipping out to New Mexico in the morning.
  21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like I really will not have my suspenders in time for the movie. I am going to try and find some brown boots at least. I do not imagine a big crowd either Friday night either. Only fans of the show at first. If it was not for the DVDs the movie probably would only have half the audience its going to have. I hear of so many fans that became so becasue of the DVDs and had no clue about the show when it aired, unfortuantly.
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Talked with April at Tinseltown yesterday who left a message for Janeen (sp?) the Promotions Manager. Unfortunately, it sounds like the General Manager (who I had spoken to initially and passed me over to the Promotions Manager) is the one who needs to give permission and he's not back in until Thursday night. [face_frustrated]

So... working under the assumption that we will get permission at the last minute I'd say we can continue with the aforementioned plan of meeting there around 6pm.
    Best case: we'll have a table with club fliers, raffle for Astronomicon and socialize with fellow Firefly fans.
    Worst case: we just hang out in the lobby and socalize with fellow Firefly fans giving them fliers if they seem interested in some.

~Doc_Bev
  23. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Gotta love corporate communication :mad:
  24. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Got a call back from the promotions manager. We are not allowed to have a table or hand out fliers even without a table. We are welcome to "loiter" in the lobby and speak with people, but can't hand out any fliers. This'll also make Astronomicon's DVD raffle a little difficult to do...

I'm still willing to go there at 6pm. Maybe we can smuggle Rochester Fandom cards to people that seem interested in talking to us. They're a little less conspicuous than fliers.

I guess this rule was just announced about 2 weeks ago and also applies to IMAX which will make things really frustrating come SW in 3-D time. :mad:

EDIT: I was unable to set-up a babysitter past 10:30pm so we can probably only join in on an after movie snack if it were out in Greece as we need to pick him up off Elmgrove near Ridge Road.

~Doc_Bev
  25. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Guys.

Sorry to bring an early downer but I think we can definately classify my Jayne costume as dead.

I'll be coming as me with just some Jayne like clothes.
    Yet another costume failure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.