main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY OT: Serenity

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    :( What happened?

Kaylee's all finished and ready to go. Not at all happy with the jacket but it'll work for now. The only thing I have left to do tomorrow will be to put my hair into odangos. ;)

We should be there by 6:30pm at the absolute latest.

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    What didnt...
    Spent three hours looking for a decent belt last night and the one I bought was 3 sizes too big.

Pants...well they look ok but with my shirt they stink.

Holster...didnt have time to pick it up from Dean

Boots...my old brown work boots are now covered in white paint because my mom forgot to move them while I was moved out this summer and she painted the walls.

Acc..decided on NOT using my "normal pouches" because I'm getting sick of hearing about how nice my camera pouches were :mad:

3. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Well, Diane's Jayne hats should catch attention. :D She has had trouble finding the right yarn though, so she only has 4 or 5 completed. If she would have bought the yarn at the store that had the exact correct colors and type of yarn, it would have cost something like $28 a hat, which is unacceptable. So, she's used what she had and bought a little more inexpensive yarn which was closest to the colors in the photo.

4. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    can't come to the opening tonight at Tinseltown, but hope to catch it soon. Have fun everyone.

5. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I've seen a few different Jayne hats created...I'm interested in seeing Diane's verison of it. :)

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I so want to wear a Jayne's hat tonight. Even though it won't go at all with the rest of the outfit I put together. :p

~Doc_Bev

7. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Sooooooo... you guys are going to the 7:10 showing, then? Is that what I deduced from previous posts? I might be able to make it, though unlikely. Em's working, and I refuse to drive (the piece of crap truck we have on loan from her father) after getting ticketed 4X on Wednesday. Besides, I gotta work at 10, and that's shaving it a little too close, methinks.

8. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I am down in Geneva for a going away party tonight so I wish all a great time at the show.

HAVE FUN!
    Mike

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here are the pictures that KnightShade took. Most of them came out blurry unfortunately.

~Doc_Bev

10. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    #2 _ not bad

Serenity
    The Numbers Rating: 9.55 (98 votes) Rate it - Rating Details

Released in US September 30, 2005
    Total US Gross $10,100,000
    Production Budget $50,000,000
    MPAA Rating PG-13 for sequences of intense violence and action, and some sexual references.
    Running Time: 119 minutes

Distributed by Universal
    Source Based on TV
    Major Genre Science Fiction
    Country United States
    Director Joss Whedon

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Stupid Jodie Foster movie.
    Why dont they just call it "Panic Flight"?
    :)

12. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea, Stupid Jodie!

Hey if you haven't checked out the movie webside, try it , there's some fun games on it.
    http://www.serenitymovie.com/

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Its a Cult thing and being number 2 is very good if you ask me. Hopefully it will make enough for more. Well I saw it Sat. and with my Buddy Whitney on Sunday. It was good the first time and even great the secound time. It can easlly be seen as a stand alone movie or a continuation to Firefly for the fans. I think it was very well done over all. I wold ahve liked to ahve the main theme from the show used since it was serenity, but I can see how he wanted certain things changed. That was Firfly asnd this is a movie based on that concept. Things had to be moving faster then the more dramtic TV show so things had to be changed. There were of course other changes such as the ship and music and other little things. I got over them all quickly. At the sane time some of Drama was there that I fell in love with. Which was great. The charrectors Simon and River seemed to be the most altered to me. Then again it could be seen as natural changes of the charrectors over time being on board Serenity and being with the others. It a film I can see my self watching a lot on DVD.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The first 9 minutes of Serenity is now online for people to preview.

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Serenity appears to be burning up fast...only made 4.9 Mil this past weekend.

16. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    That's 'cause no theaters are running it!

Between here and Salem, I saw one, ONE theater that had it! And that was outside of Binghamton. :(

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Welcome home BTW. :)

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    katie, she's back yea! so how was the quittich (sp?) match

19. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Quidditch was so freaking awesome! We placed about third in the tourny since we were one of the higher scoring teams.

But think POA style quidditch...pouring rain, wind and lots of mud. We were soooo dirty! But it was soooo great! My whole body still hurts but in that good I got lots of exercise way. ;) I'll have pics but most of them were from the first match before we became really filty.

Next year it's going to be water quidditch in Vegas...I'm so there!

20. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    From the back cover of Variety:

To Joss Whedon, Universal Pictures, and the cast and crew of SERENITY:

Thank You!

Serenity is a smart, beautiful, funny, and compelling film. It was well worth the wait, and we look forward to many more adventures with our crew in the Firefly universe.

If love keeps a ship in the air, the Serenity will fly forever. You're right. The future is worth fighting for.

The Browncoats

www.serenitymovie.com

21. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Okay so we took a group photo on opening day.

How 'bout we submit that for the Browncoat Book ?

Any objects?

22. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    And I also would encourage all the other Browncoats out their to submit photos for the yearbook section as well. :)

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll try to remember to send something in before the Nov 30th deadline.

~Doc_Bev

24. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    If anyone's interested, Serenity will be starting down Movies 10 on Friday. [face_dancing]

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.