main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT - The Last Patrol, on video?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by The Jedi Apprentice, Aug 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Hey, guys. I assume some of you remember my 15 min. short 'The Last Patrol,' yes? If you don't here's a link! I posted it here at the beginning of June.

Well in coming up with ideas to raise money for my next project (a 30 min. medieval/fantasy), I was thinking of selling a special edition of 'The Last Patrol' on VHS tape for a small amount, like maybe 5 bucks, 3 bucks for shipping/handling. A 'special edition' would include: an entirely new and originally written score reinserted into the short, a director's commentary version (15min.), bloopers and deleted scenes w/commentary (10min.), and short behind the scenes look at how we modified our forest location (10min).

Would anybody honestly be interested in purchasing such a video? I want to know before I go out and prepare everything. I know this is kind of off topic, but I knew I had an audience here when I originally posted the short for download. Heh, thanks guys. :)

2. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

I would rather buy a compilation of short films than put out money for just one. But its still a good idea to raise money. I'm sure you could find plenty of friends and family that would buy it if they knew the money is going towards your next project.

3. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    i would defently consider buying it...but if it was on DVD that would make me want to go for it even more

4. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Yeah, I realize a DVD would be more enticing, unforunately I don't have the capabilities. :(

ExFilms, I've made about 3 other shorts, but they are all parodies...Shaft/Macbeth, The Sum of all Fears. I would be uneasy about selling a parody, due to legal issues.

5. ExFilms

Aug 9, 2001

Parodies are legal to sell. There are certain issues, music rights, etc. but who cares, nobody will mind you selling your work for 5 bucks to a few people you know. :)

6. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Okay. Then the question is, ExFilms, would you invest in such a video, 3 shorts including some special features? :D I know friends and family would bite, but I'm seeing if the Internet crowd has any interest.

7. ExFilms

Aug 9, 2001

Yup. I'd buy it.

8. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    how are you going to sell this video paypal?

9. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Eh, if I decide to do it. Probably either paypal or money order/cashier's check via mail.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    if its possoble for a copy to get to Australia i'll buy a copy :)

11. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    As you know KITTRIDGE STREET DVD has made many DVDs for fan film directors here on TFN. In fact, TFN members get a special rate. So if you want to offer the DVD of your film and don't have the equipment to do it, let's talk.

Semaj.

12. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Yeah, except he's looking to make money for his next project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.