main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH OT ***Transformers

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by padawan_schlicher, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey all, i forgot to mention at the meeting that right before we got there i picked up the coolest thing. I assume most of you remember the transformers toys...the ones i'm talking about were a set of Autobot planes that combined together to make a giant robot kinda like the constructacons/devisator. Well at K-mart I found the full set of these planes for $20 in a giant Easter Basket!!!!!!!! They are all original colors, all original molds---as far as i can tell at least. The one bad thing though is that the plastic is realllllly cheappo. They still look real cool sitting on my coffee table combined into the super robot mode!!!!

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    I got one of those baskets last year, but it wasn't Transformers, it was a (as you said) cheapo knockoff. I went to put them together, Tennyson (my cat) got a hold on them, and to make a long story short, they were broken the same day. He sure got a kick out of them. [face_laugh]

3. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    There is a transformers DVD box set coming out the same day as the ep2 figs, it's gonna be $50, I'd really like to get this, the guy at suncoast said that he thought that it was the entire series! he could just be way out of the loop...he was too young to remember the originals anyway

4. gimpx32

gimpx32 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    I believe that its just the first season that is coming out....so far anyways

5. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I saw the Transformers: The Movie DVD in Evansville, IN, at a comic book/RPG shop. I can't get back out there, of course. But that DVD is out there, if you can find it.

6. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    yeah, i've seen it here, more when it first came out, but i didn't pick it up though, wish I had...

7. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I've heard that it's actually easier to get the Transformers:The Movie on DVD than it is to get the episodes of the cartoon on VHS.

My question is, what does this say for the movie? I liked it, but that's just my opinion.

Opinions are like armpits...
    ...Everyone's got a couple and sometimes they stink.

8. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    ...veeerrry iiiiinteresting observation. It was cool. The fact that they actually had the guts to kill off a major character in a kids cartoon still makes it cool. But the giant planet eating thing was cheezy...

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    The DVD should be available at any video store. and if it says special edition on it, I believe it is the version with the cussing in it-- SPike saying "$h!t" among other things.
    Anyway, didn't ya'll pick up the new Transformers comic book that was just released by Dream Wave productions last week. The book is beutiful. The pencils are by Pat Lee, the same guy responsible for the Lodoss War knockoff "Warlands".

10. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm not really up on comics lately. The ones I really paid attention to were the Star Wars ones, but I've not been following them for a couple of years now.

It's really sad in a way. I used to religiously pick up all the Dark Horse Star Wars series'.

11. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm not much on comic books either...I guess it's cause i never got hooked on them as a kid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.