main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal OT vs. PT ...Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Here we can take a wookiee sized comb and examine the trilogies. Which has captured you and made you a Star Wars fan?

2. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Well its the original trilogy I grew up on, and is the reason I love Star Wars. I felt a sort of disconnect with Episodes 1 and 2. Episode 3 rocked, and is more like the Star Wars I grew up with. Overall, I prefer the OT.

3. Spudtrooper

Spudtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    I agree with Gonuts i grew up with OT but episode3 kicked serious butt

4. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I prefer the original trilogy for the acting but I do like the prequels for the special effects and costumes!

5. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    well i first saw ROTJ and loved it so i got to say OT all the way but i dont mind the Prequels at all... just not enough Imps in them :oops:

6. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    ROTJ was my first in theater film in 1983 but I saw the others before that on TV when I was very little. The Clones were Imps in disguise :p

7. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    sometimes I want to erase Phantom Menace from my memory. Attack Of the Clones had its moments (Detective Kenobi on Jango's tail, end fight with all the jedi), but was bogged down with weak diaogue, and sloppy acting. Episodes 3-6 are all i need. Being such a huge Star Wars fan myself since I was a child, Episodes 1 and 2 were actually emotionally scarring for me due to the fact that such a travesty had the Star Wars name attached to it.

8. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    To me, the question is like asking "which one of your kids do you like the best"

They all have their high & low points, but ultimately they make up one complete story..
    Best... worst .... all irrelevant. Star Wars dominates.

9. Spudtrooper

Spudtrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    Here here EI [face_peace][face_peace] great way of seeing it

10. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    I have to agree with you Evil. Each film had its good and its bad points and we just accept them all as we do our kids. Great way of looking at it! :D

11. gonuts

gonuts Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    im happy many of my fellow forceheads enjoy Episodes 1 and 2. In my personal opinion, they are a letdown, but opinions are like *******s, everyone's got one. Im noticing lately there is less prequel bashing, i guess because of how great Episode 3 was.

12. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Episode 3 just made us realise how the first two fit into the entire story, instead of seeing them as films that didnt live up to the hype & expectation, enjoy them for the "lead up" stories that they were intended to be..

13. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I agree with Evil they all have their high and lows, still I prefer the OT.

Mother had rent TPM when it came out and she wanted me to sit through it and watch it. Never did, I probably only watched the podrace before going to 'more interesting things' as I said back then... Two weeks later, ESB was playing on TV, I watched the end and got hooked, though I was hooked on the Ewok Adventures (cartoon) when I was a toddler, but that doesn't count does it...

For a long while, the only SW movie I had watched completely was RotJ. It wasn't until before, before last year did I manage to get to see the whole OT, cause I had finally convinced someone to buy me the VHS set for my birthday...

I think the special effects and the costumes are great in the Prequels, but I'm really stuck with the OT. To be honest I think there's a bit too much CGI in RotS, but that's just an opinion. I'm not saying I didn't like RotS, in fact it's right there after ESB and RotJ in my favorites. I just fell in love with the battle scenes of the OT, and the lightsabers not being pointy like a sword at the end. That is like the only problem I have with the CGI in RotS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.