main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT: Wheel of Time -- WTH?!?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
  2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    For those who know the Jimmy spoiler - imagine what Sam would do with balefire instead of force lightning. hehehe

3. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I can see how junior novelizations could work to my advantage, say if the next book comes out and I need to refamiliarize myself with the series but don't have enough time to reread all the originals.

I agree that book 9 rocked. I especially liked where Elayne got called away from her work and the end of book 9. Hopefully book 10 will have more of Matt. I was so happy when he finally got out of the house in book 9. I liked Perrin during that whole Two Rivers battle but he's been whipped ever since.

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I agree. I can't wait to see Mat marry the daugher of the nine moons. And I loved the battle in Emond's Field in book 4 I think it was, but then Perrin disappeared for a couple books, and since then had pretty much stood around. I can't wait for him to lead a huge army of wolves. And after the book 9 spoiler, I can't wait to see some changes in the Asha'man. Oh yeah, and I can't wait to see the siege of the white tower. Hopefully Jordan will be picking up the pace again with book 10, after his 4th book out of 6 syndrom that's been showing for the last couple books.

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Personaly i don't really care too much for WoT...however that they are doing this same thing to Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow truly pisses me off......its a book for all ages despite the violence and genocide......but making it kid frendly irritates me even if the changes are only superficial......

Also...remaking the covers in the "style" of other cover artists for that age group is just offensive......while the books are for all ages...it shouldn't be candy coated even if only on the outside......also...those who don't know Ender by reputation and aren't simply facinated by what looks like a book about futuristic kid athletes may not pick it up in the first place......if i had seen that cover when looking for things to read i may never, despite the warning about not judging a book by its cover, have picked it up to begin with......
    Let the little kids grow up...don't drop the books even the slightest to pander to them...those that don't want to read aren't going to simply because the text is bigger and the cover more cartoonish......and those that want to read are less likely to pick up a book that looks below them even if they have heard good things about it......

Why must they butcher classic cover art and alter the books simply to make a buck or two?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.