Omaha, NE OT: Would anyone be interested?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    dagorhir.com

It's not Star Wars, but it's just as cool. I tried to start a chapter about 3 years ago but never got any response. Would any of you folks be interested at all?
  2. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmmm....now this looks interesting....Nice timing too, now that I'm finally getting into this LOTR stuff..
  3. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I found them on the Web back in 97 when I was researching a Highlander based LARP in college. When I moved back to Omaha, I tried to get a group going, but like I said no luck. The weapons, armor & costumes are fairly easy & inexpensive to make (or buy). Not nearly aas expensive as, say stormtrooper armor *ducks in anticipation of thrown objects*. I pretty much have a costume together from being in the Ren Faire @ Iowa Western a few times.
  4. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Throws a thermal detonator at Craigrr.

Only if I had my armor, I'd....I'd...

I just want my armor WHAAAAA!! :_|
  5. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    "Here's the wind up... and the pitch!"

*CRACK*

"Craigrr knocks it outta the park!!! It's a home run! The SW Geeks win the Pennant!!!!!"

Unless they've changed it since I first started making inquiries, the minimum number of people needed for a Dagorhir chapter is 2. It'd be nice to have more than that though. Memorial Park (which is only a 5 minute walk from my house) would make an awesome battlefield. Last I knew, the SCA held their practicies & stuff over in Elmwood park.
  6. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well count me in.....
  7. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Craig I'm actually starting to get interested in this. I saw LOTR with the group and it was a ton of fun. I'd love to ahve a costume at least and then I'd be up to working on stuff for "competition". If anyone is interested in working on stuff together I'd be glad to work with ya. First thing on my list I think is some chainmail. Got a good lead on an easy and cheap way of doing some that looks good and is 10X lighter than using real metal. Unless that's what you want.
  8. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey hook me up with that essay there Jake!
  9. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    I said EASY, not essay. :) Anyway I went out and bought some 1/2 pvc pipe today for this. Now I just have to find someone with a bandsaw that'll let me cut em. There's a wood shop on base but it's a wood shop and they don't allow plastic in the shop. Damn them. Here's a link to read up on. Maybe this can be your essay Mark. :)
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trevor.barker/farisles/guilds/armour/mail.htm
  10. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My dad has a band saw. Let me know if you still need them cut.

Bob
  11. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    I sure do. But I'll be engaged for the rest of the year. Anytime after the 3rd would be great if it's available for use.
  12. yatchie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm interested in this. Hey anytime that I can get beat someone with a stick, I'm all for it. I've got PVC pipe with foam on it already. 2 with foam and 2 without. Just don't know what else is needed.
    I'll be up for any practice beatings if someone would like to practice up. I always enjoy taking a good beating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.