main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Otakon 2006!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordMalicous, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMalicous

LordMalicous Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Hey, anyone up for Otakon 2006? If so, the dates are Aug 4 - 6 at the Convention Center as usual. Pre-registering before July 4 gets you the weekend pass for $50. Anytime after that sets you back $60. So, everyone hurry up and pre-reg and we'll all coordinate so we can go down and have a good time. -waves his hand- You want to go to Otakon. All the cool people do it. :cool:

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    do you know prices for one day passes (if they have them)? I know i'm not going to be able to do a whole weekend but I think i can swing a day trip to Baltimore that weekend...

3. LordMalicous

Jun 7, 2006

looks like they're only selling weekend passes at this point. I couldn't find anything stating day-pass prices. looks like $50 is the cheapest its going to get this year.

4. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    What is Otakon? I am new to the convention thing.

5. LordMalicous

Jun 7, 2006

Otakon is an anime convention, but its beginning to expand slightly and other genres are joining the mix. It's a whole slew of events from watching movies, anime music videos, and the like. there are also workshops for different sorts of things, a Masquerade (costume contest, more or less) and other activies. There is also an area for dealers to come in and sell their products. Overall, its a good time and a fun experience.

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I've already registered...back in december, I believe.

Anyone else coming? The early pick-up times are going to be announced next week. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.