main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OT'ers with high midio-counts

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    In TPM when Qui-Gon detects Anakins midi-chlorian count he then says if Anakin had been part of the republic they would have detected it earlier. With Ob-Wan, Yoda and perhaps a few others even in hiding others would have gone undetected. I thought just for fun we could all put in our thoughts on who in the OT could have had untapped force powers, other then Anakins kids obviously. For instance he may have just been a good pilot but Wedge made it through every movie. Also Boba was around but never tested because his father was the oppsition and in ESB he did know Han was on the SD still. That could have simply been from remembering Obi-Wan hiding in AOTC but he wouldnt have know how. Again this is all speculation but i thought it might be fun.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Wedge most definitely does not have Force potential (EU), and Boba obviously doesn't because he is a clone of Jango, who didn't. Luke and Leia are the youngest characters, so anyone who was born before them (who lived within the bounds of the Republic - which we can assume was most everyone) probably would have been tested.

3. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Tested and killed, unless they had more than Vader.

4. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    I really dont pay attention to EU, Boba makes sense I wasnt thinking of that for some reason.

5. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    There's certainly no one filmed in the OT who obviously has extraordinarily high midi counts. But this topic does beg the question of what happened to those who had high enough counts to sense the Force without training. The suggestion above is that testing was routinely conducted by the Empire, and the high-testers killed. That's certainly the simple explanation, but it really is less than satisfying. I tend to think that, if such beings were found, the Emperor might have had the sense to keep them around him, but not train them fully--perhaps as the relationship between Ventress and Dooku is described in Dark Rendezvous. Based on what I've seen of the "handmaidens" in KOTOR 2, I'm quite prepared to believe that the Emperor's personal guard--the guys in red in Episode VI--might well be Dark Side Acolytes, or the like.

6. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    Not only that Darth Skeptical, those guys seen conversating with Sidious aren't listed in the SW databank. I also wondered if they were a sort of Sith council. Maybe not in the same way as the structured ways of the Jedi but just ones who discussed philosophies. Before reading your post I would have figured it would have made sense that if they ever found a child with sign of being force-sensitive or even tested for a midi-count that they would be eliminated. It would be consistant with want we saw did with the younglings in ROTS. You raise a good point though. After what happened to Vader it was clear he wasn't what Sidious expected. Definatly not the one he boasted of to Yoda. He moved on from Maul and and dispatched with Dooku rather quickly. He was ready to do so with Vader when Luke came around. He used these guys as tools. One would think he would be on the constant look out for one.

7. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Various EU sources state that the Emperor did have Force-using agents, such as the Emperor's Hands and Inquisitors. Most people in the Empire were taught to fear the Jedi, so if they sighted someone with suspicious powers, he was promptly reported to the authorities. And Circle_is_Complete, are you referring to these guys:

[image=http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/dignitary/imp-dig-3.jpg]

?

I always thought that they were advisors/spin-doctors. They were probably the ones who properly slanted the Emperor's actions for the news reports.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

8. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    Yeah thats them. I just was interested in what they did. That would kind of make sense.

9. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    Well, no, those aren't the guys I was talking about--though they may have been who Circle believed I was talking about. First of all, not all of those people made it into the film. There are only two advisors--if that's what the people in the above picture actually are-- shown in Episode VI. According to this forum's FAQ, "They're widely believed to be dignitaries or advisors to the emperor. Their names are Sim Aloo and Janus Greejatus."

I was speaking of the red-uniformed Royal guard seen here: [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/emperorsroyalguard/img/eu_bg.jpg]

Heh, in finding this picture it appears that somewhere in the EU, this theory has already found root. According to the official site, "...their skills were said to have been augmented by the dark side of the Force."

10. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    I knew who you meant Skeptical. I heard they helped in the cloning of the new Sidious according to EU or sometrhing. I dont really get into EU.

11. Sima_Sith

Sima_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2005
    those were dark side adepts...

12. Circle_Is_Complete

May 20, 2005
    thanks, that is why i dont get int EU. As if 2 DS werent enough now they run out of enemies in the novels so they use the same one. I dont have a problem with the cloning its all thisdark side stuff. anyway thanks for the info.

13. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    "First of all, not all of those people made it into the film."

Maybe not all, but those two were not the only ones. One or two others can be seen in the background exiting the Emperor's shuttle as he arrives. I know that I saw the guy to the left with the pointy hat at least in that scene.

As far as I know, they are not only advisors but also high ranking politicians and ministers in Palpatine's government. I think one of them was in charge of Propaganda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.