main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Other BB Units

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid, Feb 3, 2016.

1. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    It wasn't mean as an insult. And my spelling has always been horrible, but honestly you are still grasping at straws here to support your theory that Poe was referring to bb8 uniqueness as being his color and the only reason that particular unit was recognized by the sentients to alert the first order. Did Poe mention to Finn his name was BB8? No. Did Kylo reference the designation as bb8 or even what color it is? No. Poe only told Finn and that was how Finn recognized it as his.
    So unless everyone has a database handy as to what bb unit designation is what color how would anyone know what color the droid was, and how did they know it was an orange droid they were looking for? So again it makes no sense that Poe would mention his uniqueness being his color. He was simply telling Finn it was orange and that it was unique. That could possibly mean it is the only bb unit online and in service but Kylos use of the general tern bb unit and others use of the general term kind of eliminates that possibility.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    As far as not seeing any other BB units previously, I just figure they're out there but-it's a large galaxy after all. (I've come to feel that way, especially after seeing the last few episodes of Rebels.) Although I will admit there is something to the idea that he is a unique design.

3. Darth Geezy

Darth Geezy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    There was no dialogue from people like Rey saying "whoa, you're a different kind of droid." In other words, its appearance didn't seem to take anyone by surprise.

I'm guessing BB units are nothing out of the ordinary in this time period.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    In Episode VIII, there will be a scene that pays homage to the Tribbles episode in the original Star Trek, where Poe flips a switch causing thousands of BB units to fall onto him crushing him to death instantly.

Sarge, Heroic BB-8 and AmySolo like this.
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014

There are so few droids on Jakku, and no astro droids. BB-8 would really stand out.

6. Star Searcher

Star Searcher Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2016
    I def think there will be more BB units in 8. They would be silly not to since the success of BB8.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We will meet BB8's cousins, otherwise designated as BB69, BBQ, BRB, BTW, BFG, and BG (BubbaGump).

AmySolo likes this.
  8. beebee-ate

beebee-ate Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    You forgot his evil twin brother, BB-H8.

Heroic BB-8 and AmySolo like this.
  9. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

All the other X-wings use standard astromechs. If you look at Poe's X-Wing when he returns from Takodana, his X-wing is using an R0 unit (also new to the movies, but a variation of the standard astromech). We know that Pinewood CreatureFX also made domes for R4, R5, and R6 units. and, of course, we see a couple other R2 units.