main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Other Galaxies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Pancellor Chalpatine, Dec 14, 2015.

?

Would you want other galaxies explored?

1. Yes

22.2%
  2. No

38.9%
  3. If we still get same content from the Galaxy we're in

16.7%
  4. Maybe

19.4%
  5. Only a bit.

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. srg

srg Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 26, 2016
    It's a nice area to explore. I thought about it being a part of another trilogy (X-XII). It would be refreshing to get something in the vein of Yuuzhan Vong invasion, because they can't mirror Empire vs Rebels for ever. But never at cost of definitely leaving the current Galaxy. Big no to that.

2. Ord Sorrell

Ord Sorrell Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2016
    Hmmm Other galaxies....

One day .. maybe.. Sure? why not?

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So many interesting possibilities. They should do it eventually.

Ord Sorrell likes this.
  4. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I had an idea years ago (bear in mind that I dont do EU stuff, only the games and that) that a neat thing would be someone from another galaxy tries to make a move. Some unnamed threat. Maybe even have old enemies have to join forces sort of thing. I would allow that kind of thing.

I don't think just jumping into another galaxy would be good. I think someone would have to do it from the galaxy we know. A bit like voyager. We didn't just get plonked into the delta quadrant. We discovered it with them.

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    This one gets a resounding "HELL NO" from me. Is the GFFA boring to you already? The possibility of different eras within that region aren't interesting enough? We've gotten 8 movies spanning roughly 60 years that really don't span that much of the galaxy. Sure, there's extensive travel, but if you think the galaxy doesn't contain literal hundreds of planets we haven't seen yet, you haven't been paying attention. There is absolutely no reason to bring in other galaxies (and no story that couldn't be told in the one we have excepting the extra-galactic threat garbage,) and a million reasons to NOT bring them in. Look how much trouble they're having with people not understanding where R1 is in the timeline - it's just not in their interests to leave the universe they paid 4 billion for to go to another one.

TCF-1138 and PaulWrightyThen like this.
  6. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Totally understand you're point. Maybe mine can be amended to they haven't come across everyone there is to come across in the GFFA.

Just saying, some reaver like race maybe. Perhaps to dark for star wars though.

7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I find this a bit of an odd discussion. When you consider that the Galaxy expands depending on the whims of the writers anyway, and that galaxies by their nature are huge, then there really is no inherent potential for exploring another galaxy as opposed to the one that events take place in as of now.
    The only reason to bring another galaxy into it would be if there was a compelling reason to do so, but I can't really think of what that would be, outside of some kind of even bigger intergalactic empire or something, but that would feel like a wee bit of a cop out

Sarge and TCF-1138 like this.