main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Other Half: Skywalker & Solo Twins Index and Discussion: Nov. "Big NEWS" Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SpiritofEowyn, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Other Half: Jedi Twins Index. Skywalker and Solo

An index of fanfiction that focuses on the twin bond. Either Luke and Leia or Jacen and Jaina.

:The force twin bond is fascinating, and worthy of it's own index. Any fanfic focusing on either of the twins or their feelings about their family or each other, or otherwise twin cuteness is needed! I am especially looking for happy, non twin fighting to murder each other fics, as they are becoming rather rare.[face_frustrated] ::shakes fist at Profic writers angrily::

Indexed-fics: 30.

PM me or add your own to the bottom of this list.

Feel free to discuss the draw of the twins in Star Wars. Or anything else about the twins.

New Twin Challenges every 2 Months or so.
    Freaky Twin Friday Challenge Is Closing!

(WIP=Written In Progress, e.g. Not completed yet) Stories are sorted by Story Type in Bold.

Summer/Fall Challenge: Freaky Friday, Twin Body Switch

Title: When the Force Gets Bored
    Author: SpiritofEowyn
    Twins: Luke Leia
    Timeframe: ESB
    Summary: Luke and Leia switch bodies when the force gets bored. Warning!! Will Ruin ESB for you! :p Truly Humorously Evil.
    Genre: Humor

Title: Mind Trick vig.
    Author: DarthIshtar
    Twins: Jaina, Jacen Others: Jag, Tenel Ka
    Timeframe: DN AU
    Summary: Jacen and Jaina switch bodies at inconvient times and learn what is really going on with the other.
    Genre: Comedy/romance
    Notes: Written for SpiritofEowyn's birthday

Title: Proposal Pridicaments vig.
    Author: SpiritofEowyn
    Twins: Jaina, Jacen Others: Jag, Tenel Ka
    Timeframe: DN AU
    Summary: Sequel to Ish's MindTrick. Consequences of switching bodies.
    Genre: Comedy/romance
    Notes: Written for Ish's birthday

April/May Challenge Entries: What If?(page 4-5)

Title: Twin Sacrifice
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jaina, Jacen
    Timeframe: Post-SBS
    Summary: What if the twin sacrifice did occur?
    Genre: Angst
    Notes: Written to the Twins Challenge

Title: Left Behind
    Author: Chilla
    Timeframe: YJK
    Characters: Jaina, Jacen, Tamith Kai, Brakiss, Zekk, Lowie, Tenel Ka
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: Only Jacen can escape with Lowie from the Shadow Academy, Jaina's left behind and becomes dark, AU
    Note: This was written for the What If challenge of the Other Half: Solo & Skywalker Twins Index.

Title: Lost and Found, 1000th post vig.
    Author:SpiritOfEowyn
    Twins: Luke, Leia.
    Timeframe: Post-ESB
    Summary: Leia overhears Ghosty Obi-wan telling Luke that he is her brother.
    Genre: Viggie

Post Star-by Star Happy Twin Fics! No fat! Low Angst!

NEW

Title: I Will Be Your Friend
    Author: magehound
    Genre: songfic
    Timeframe: post DN AU
    Twins: Jacen, Jaina
    Summary: After discovering a horrible truth, Jacen is comforted by his twin sister. I am using Amy Grant's song, "I Will Be Your Friend".

Title: Taking Care of Allana
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jaina, Jacen, Allana, Tenel Ka
    Timeframe: 4 years post DN
    Summary: Jaina and Jacen come together at Tenel Ka's request. But while babysitting the now four year old, it becomes apparent that Allana inherited a lot from her father's side of the family.
    Genre: Humor

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23517872&brd=10477&sta

2. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    My favorite set of twins? Luke & Leia. I and a friend recently began putting a site together that focuses on the two of 'em...Entwined Fates. When we start putting stories on it, would you mind if I used this thread to help me find those great stories?

3. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, Luke and Leia are my favorite twins, mostly because I don't read much of the EU-ergo I don't really know Jacen and Jaina that well (despite how much you tried to indoctrinate me :p).

Twin bond stories are fun, and I am going to have a chance to play with that whole idea in the story you will be betaing for me.

:D

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Great idea for a thread! Oh, and may I also suggest that you might want to add my The End of all Things to your archive--link in my bio; very Jacen and Jaina.

Anyways, I like Jacen and Jaina best because of the depth of their relationship. I love the way they talk about the part of them that belongs to each other and the way they complement each other. I don't have anything against Luke and Leia, but I just don't think they have the deep bond the way Jacen and Jaina do. This is probably because of the necessity of them growing up apart. I feel sorry for them that they never got the chance to grow up together like Jacen and Jaina. They missed out on a lot.

5. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion JJD, just listed it. And I even read and reviewed that story before too.:oops:

I wish someone would write a fic where Luke and Leia grew up together. I like both sets of twins about equally. Jaina and Jacen have more oppourtunity for angst lately... and I 'm sorta addicted to angst right now. I really wish the Solo twins had kept their bond. Grown up or not. Can they still here each other if they wanted to?

Don't worry Katey my indoctrination is not yet complete. [face_mischief]
    I can't wait for you to send it to me! Beta fun.

Angel_gidget feel free to do so as far as I'm concerned. There isn't much here yet. Mmm cute twins website. :D

I wonder why the twins are so fascinating. Maybe because we all secretly wish that there was someone out there who understood us as much as twins seem to?

6. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    No question in my mind. My favorite twins are Luke and Leia. they might not of grown up with each, but that bond is still there. They seem to hang on to that bond very deeply because they know that they have been pawns in a galactic chess game.The only thing that has never been a lie in their lives is the love for each other. I think that growing up apart from each other makes the twin bond even stronger because they do not want to ever not have it. Jaina and Jacen take that bond for granted because they have never not had it. Being a sister of identical twins I understand that bond and I believe that it would be completely different if they were identical and not ferternal (sp). It would be very connected.

7. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Hi! :D

In my experience with identical twins they tend to try and make themselves completely different from the other to assert their individuality. So I wouldn't say that that would make them nessasarily closer.

8. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Yes you are correct about that. In fact the competion between the two can some times become down right dangerous. Still, if some one messes with one of them, that person had be ready to deal with the both of them. I use to like Jania and Jacen better then I do now and even then that was not much. I do not like who Jacen has become and I just hope that Luke never finds out about what he did to Ben on Hapes. Sith! He put his hands on his throat and choked him. I do not know who would get him first. Luke or Mara.

9. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    :( I don't like who Jacen has become either. I don't like what it's done and is doing to Jaina.
    But I do like writing about them, all pre-DN of couse.
    ::bites Jacen hard:: :mad: I hope Jaina kicks him, heck everyone can kick him, as long as he comes to his senses.

10. Rynne

Rynne Jedi Master star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    There are several out there--one of my favorites is A Moment in Time by Kazzy. It's long and still incomplete, but Luke and Leia grow up together, and they're adorable.

If you want other twin fics, I recommend Jedi-2B's A Melancholy Happiness (also Luke and Leia), which is sort of a mix of twin-cuteness and twin-angst.

In case you couldn't tell, my favorite pair of twins is definitely Luke and Leia. Part of it is that I just completely adore Luke, part of it is that I don't much like the Solo kids anyway, and part of it is a sort of morbid fascination--I can't imagine growing up away from my own twin, not even knowing that she existed...*shivers*

But yeah, I'm not that big a fan of Jacen and Jaina. I read the NJO for the first time only recently, and one of the things I disliked most was that the Yuuzhan Vong only made a big deal about Jacen and Jaina being twins--why didn't they care about Luke and Leia, who are well-known heroes to the New Republic and therefore would seem the bigger threat? Grr. Maybe I just love the movies too much (to me, the movies are canon, and the books just extended canon), but I didn't like how what are essentially original characters eclipsed our canon twins.

Anyway, sorry for small rant. Suffice to say that I love Luke and Leia as twins the most. :D

11. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks! I really liked A Meloncholy Happiness!

^_^ ::satisfied::

Must find more!

12. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I only like half of each set. :p I am not a Luke or Jacen :mad: fan. I prefer Jaina and Leia. I don't know which is my favorite set.

13. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    hi! ^_^

I had a crush on Luke as a kid so, can't agree as much there. It's hard to be a Jacen fan right now. Leia and Jaina are better because they aren't as stupid with the dark side stuff. (Jaina only brushed it and came back)

14. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm ready to beat Jacen to a pulp right now. [face_beatup]

15. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Let's create a 'Beating DN Jacen to a Bloody Pulp.' army.[face_devil]

16. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I already pummeled him to death; don't worry. But I'm trying to nurse him back to health so he can be rehabilitated.

Personally, I think Jacen and Jaina are excellent, and I'm convinced that their NJO and post-NJO problems are directly tied into the rupturing of their bond together in Star by Star. But I'm not a fast enough writer to finish the fanfic I'm working on about that stuff.

Luke and Leia... meh, they just don't have the same type of relationship at all. They're more like friends who met during college and got really close than twins, per se, maybe with a little bit more of a fraternal feel to it all.

Both are good relationships, they're just different.

17. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Really?:D Where is this beating Jacen into seeing reason fanfic?
    [face_mischief]

They definately have different relationships. I'm confused sometimes because in The Joiner King Jacen talks about his bond with Jaina being stronger, but I really don't see that. Is the bond there or not?[face_thinking]

18. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    So- what do you guys think would have happened if Luke and Leia had grown up together? Or at least known about each other(write letters or visit whatever)

Thoughts?

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'd like to think they'd at least write, but I'm not sure. Luke would probably be very enthusiastic to know he had a long-lost sister as a young kid. But I think Leia would be more weary about it and would take some convincing - not because she didn't care about Luke, but because that's the type of person she is.

I hope that made sense.

20. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    This is a great thread topic! :) L/L are my favorites because I'm mainly a movie fan, just never really got into the EU so much. I loved it when Leia turned out to be Luke's sister, because it gave a real basis for their close, almost immediate bond, and didn't jeopardize the friendship of the Luke/Leia/Han trio.

I've wondered before how the young Skywalkers' relationship would be the similar and/or different if they had grown up together. I think they would still be very close, good friends, but I also think there would be a bit more rivalry and bickering between them.

Kristeh

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks and welcome Liesl and Kristeh! :)
    L/L are the classic ones, but you don't see as much cool force twin bond stuff. You know besides the ESB hearing each other.
    Luke and Leia bickering... That would be fun! I wish there was a ficlet with that. They're always so mature and 'serene' and calm. Sibling rivalry would be fun.
    "Moooom, Leia's showing off being a senator agaaaaain.":rolleyes:
    "Nah uh! You're just jealous cause you're DUMB! And no body would let you near politics." :p

(feel free to write your quick interpretation.)

So you think Leia wouldn't believe that she had a long lost twin brother at first?

22. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I think for Leia, if she learned she had a twin as a young child or adolescent, she'd need lots and lots of hard proof to believe it. Something like shared memories of their parents, but, as we see in RotS, that would be hard. Otherwise, it's not a sure thing. But once her latent Force abilites matured (a la ESB), it'd be easier for her to come to terms with the whole idea.

23. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I don't know, I think she might have sensed it if Luke ever visited when they were children. Even in ANH, she doesn't treat him like potential lover, but as a close friend, after only a few hours of knowing each other. That might also be because they understand each other on some level since they both lost pretty much everything that made up their lives recently, but it could also be the product of an immature bond formed from birth.

However, if they were just restrained to letters, I would have to agree, Liesl, Leia would need proof that the person on the other end was indeed her brother.

Had those two grown up together, they would probably have been very close, even closer and more deeply connected then J/J, and probably would act more like siblings, rather then dancing around each other as they do in EU. In EU, they're usually careful not to hurt each other, as if they fear driving the other away. Or so I've seen it, though its been a while since I've read EU, which strikes me as odd since they were very close friends before they found out they were siblings.

24. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Maybe they dance around each other because they lost the rest of their family and don't want to risk losing what's left of their family now that they know who they are. They don't feel confident enough in their relationship? Or maybe it hurt too much to lose their last family and they're trying to avoid that pain/lessen it if the other died. They do lead dangerous lives. Although I think that would make them silly.

25. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999

That's not really specific to Luke. Leia didn't doesn't treat Han like a prospective lover in ANH either. I suppose when you've been captured and tortured, then have to deal with two inept rescuers, maybe future romance isn't high on your list of things to do. ;) :p

The part about Luke and Leia immediately understanding each other is spot on. Leia had only recently seen her entire planet destroyed and then sees Luke witness the death/murder of Obi-Wan, who was the most important person left in Luke's life.

In the novelization, when Han is running to the turret gun he yells for Luke to man the other gun. Leia is immediately protective of Luke and says something to the effect of: "Leave him alone, he just saw Kenobi get killed." I wish that bit had stayed in the movie rather than Luke immediately following after Han.

As far as the Skywalker twins growing up together, there are a lot of "what ifs" in regards to that. Where would they have grown up?

I'm trying to imagine Luke as a snotty prince of Alderaan or Leia as a niece of a poor moisture farmer.

I'm guessing that if they'd grown up on Alderaan, the twins would be highly competitive with each other, whereas if they'd grown up on Tatooine, they'd most likely be closer as siblings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.