main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Other Half: Skywalker & Solo Twins Index and Discussion: Nov. "Big NEWS" Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SpiritofEowyn, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    [face_whistling] Good Oreo menion. ::pats Oreo on the head:::cool: Mistake? What mistake?[face_whistling]

Nope, the policy hasn't changed. In fact, if it helps you I am all for pushing back the deadline some more. Vigs, short stories, long. Whatever, as long as some post is in by a deadline.[face_peace]

I will do whatever it takes to the promotion of Twin centered fics! Mostly in my own selfish wish to read more of them.[face_blush]

I just like the word pernicious and it was the google word of the day.

I don't know about the Dark Jaina. She said in TUF that if Jacen hadn't of come back that she would have 'become the sword the jedi would have wished they had never forged.' I think she would become even more single-minded in whatever it was. Probably dark, but not with the Shadow Academy but out and out against them, and then leave, and still be kinda dark. Driven and Stubborn just like her mother.

I've read a fic(and it might be in the index) where Leia died at Endor, and another where Luke dies and comes back on Endor.

If I were voting I would vote for

1. What if Jacen escaped and Jaina got captured on Mykrr? How would that have changed things?

2. What if Jacen didn't leave after the Vong War? What if he stayed. Would Jaina and him still hate each other?

3. What if they had both gotten captured at Mykrr? Would the twin scacrifce have happened?

Me and my stupid Angst addiction that I must stop.

Personally, if I had time, I would feed my little plot bunny of 'what if Jaina had not allowed Anakin protect her on Mykkr, saving his life, but becoming fatally wounded, and captured by the Vong'. Maybe saved by Vergere but under the same training as Jacen.
    Maybe a force vision warning her Anakin would die if he tried to protect her? How would Jacen and Anakin react if they were forced to leave her behind and thinking she's dead. Would they stop bickering? I don't think Jaina would have fallen for Vergere's 'no dark side' philosophy, mainly because Jacen is more open to different ways of viewing the force, and Jaina is pretty set and would resent Vergere to no end. "What's all this philosophical crap?" She wouldn't have his animal-sense, so she might not survive the 'teaching' but I don't think she'd change her mind, also like Leia.

OR Jaina going back to save Jacen while everyone else left Mykkr 'twin-saving'. I don't know if the twin sacrifice would have happened. If would be more interesting a story if it didn't, and longer too. :p

Thank you for responding!

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I've used it in my first chapter, but I'm not sure whether it is right there.

Can you say: "Very pernicious adjectives you use there?"
    Sorry, I'm not a native-speaker and had to look "pernicious" up with a dictionary... [face_blush]

3. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    No problem. It depends on the context. The other speaker would have to have said something kinda scary. E.G. "This mission is doomed!" <-- C3P0 Unless your speaker is being sarcastic. Another use is 'pernicious mission/ship etc. Like the deathstar, or even the falcon are dangerous and therefore Pernicious.

I'm going to try this challenge and mix it with the 'Challenge of Dooooom' Ish gave me for my 1,000th post(Luke and Leia in ROTJ). That is also why I have to do it quick! It is soo going to stink like a trash compactor. :oops: I am determined to make this a multi-entry challenge. :p Must.. resist.. Angst.. side.

I will happily beta or just plain read whatever you guys post even if it's rough drafts. :D

Good Luck Chilla![face_good_luck][face_peace]

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    The speaker just got insulted...

?I?ll never ever side with you, ugly daughter of a hutt.? Jaina bit out, just wanting this woman to leave her alone.
    ?Very pernicious adjectives that you use here.? Tamith Kai hissed.

Maybe add to Tamith's text: "Pernicious for you"?

5. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I like it how it is right now. I don't think you need to add anything to it. :)

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks, Kissa! [:D]

Here is your link.

7. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Yay! First entry![face_dancing] Thanks Chilla!

(I just finished my 1000th post vig. today, so I post again with less fear.)

8. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Woo! All done.

My entry http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23858490&brd=10476

Lost and Found, Post ESB Leia overhears Obi-wan tell Luke that they're twins.

9. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Mine's done. :)

Here's the link:

Twin Sacrifice

What if both Jaina and Jacen were captured and the Twin Sacrifice took place?

10. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    :D Just thought I'd say that while officially this challenge ends in two days, since I'm out of town on vacation, it won't 'end' or be judged until around June 10th. I'll try to do a Poll thingee so they can be voted on.

[face_peace]

What should be the June/July challenge? Suggestions?

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    *is relieved*
    Good, cause I won't have it finished till tomorrow. I might post another chapter today, but I'm still far away from the ending.

12. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    It's all good. [face_peace]

Do either of you have a preference on the type of Twins challenge for June/July?

NEW Topic: What do you think each twin most fears? What is their fatal flaw?

I always thought that Luke might have an irrational fear of drowning since I doubt he learned to swim on Tatooine. :p

Maybe Leia fears failing people. That would explain her taking on so many responsibilities and workaholic nature.

Jaina- maybe the same as Leia? Not protecting her brothers- failure.

Jacen--hard to say. He was struck into indecision by a fear of making the wrong choice. What do you guys think?

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Jacen's could be to turn to the Dark Side and become a new Vader.

Jaina....I'd say it's to forever stay alone. The whole "Sword of the Jedi" thing was very hard for her. I've read several times about a bitter, alone Jaina and it sounds logical.

Dunno. What would you say?

Btw: Only one chapter and the epilogue left!

14. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    [face_idea]!! Definately! I agree. I remember in NJO she tells Jacen that she didn't fear dying, but she did fear being the only one who survived the war. Plus being a twin she'd never really been alone before-- that sounds right!

Jacen has sorta become that in Legacy it seems though...

Epilogue :D PM me when you post that. :D

15. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Well, I think Luke's greatest fear is failure. He wants the Jedi Order to succed and no one to fall. If they do . . .[face_worried]

As for Jaina, I have to agree with her fearing being alone.

Jacen is afraid of being wrong, so he's making himself believe that he's always right.

And Leia. Well, I suppose she could be afraid of failure just like Luke is.

As for a Challenge, how about we do a really specific one? I've got an idea and will PM it too you.;)

Oh, and Chilla don't forget to PM me with the epilogue. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Just sent you a Pm. :) Thanks so much, you two! [:D]

Here's the link again: (think I haven't posted it before here)
    Left Behind

I'm glad I could help you.

17. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I just finished reading it. :_| Lovely ending, Chilla

18. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Well, I think Luke's greatest fear is failure. He wants the Jedi Order to succed and no one to fall. If they do . . . worried

As for Jaina, I have to agree with her fearing being alone.

Jacen is afraid of being wrong, so he's making himself believe that he's always right.

And Leia. Well, I suppose she could be afraid of failure just like Luke is.

[face_thinking] I think you're dead on about Jacen. That would fit into his NJO indecision too! I think knowing that is going to make it easier to write Jacen.

I'm looking into getting a poll up for the stories to start the voting.
    Ok, apparently there aren't Polls?:confused: It was suggested that people who frequent this thread PM a non-partisian person(not me this time) their vote or post who they'd vote for.

SO Voting begins, you can post your vote in this thread or PM DarthIshtar with the message line being "Twin Challenge Voting"

19. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I voted. :D

Now back to the fear thing. In regards to Leia, do you think she fears other Alderaan surviors blame her for the death of their homeworld? I mean, she was 'somewhat' responsible and it is concievable that not everyone blames Tarkin.

What do you think?

20. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I could imagine both Leia and Luke fear to be blamed by others. Leia for the Alderaan thing and Luke for the students he has lost to the Dark Side.
    I can also imagine they fear what others could thing of their heritage. I mean, both are pretty powerful and the are the children of a...monster.

21. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I hadn't even thought about Luke being afraid of what people would think for him failing to keep his students from the Dark Side.

That was an interesting point. However, something that came to my mind right away was that just having students fall to the DS would be scary - with or without public disapproval.

22. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    I think that's why Luke and Leia are so zealous about saving the galaxy and doing everything possible to be good people. Because their father wasn't, and they're afraid people will think they are like him. Leia never liked being called Lady Vader. Also Leia probably does blame herself for Alderaan, survivor's guilt and fears other people will too. She never pulls rank for anything really, never abuses power or accept really what is hers by right , from those fears.

So far, according to DarthIshtar, only Kissa has voted, so if you'd like to Chilla... (I should talk, as I'm torn on which one I like better too. >_<)

23. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Chilla- Left Behind got nommed for best AU! Congrads![face_dancing] Good Luck! And here you were worried about writing for the challenge! =D=[:D]

24. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Congratulations Chilla!

And good luck with the rest of the voting / nomming process.[face_good_luck]

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I voted for Kissa! :)

I am? Wow! Really? :eek: Aww! Thanks so much to whoever has nominated me! [:D] @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.