main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Other Half: Skywalker & Solo Twins Index and Discussion: Nov. "Big NEWS" Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SpiritofEowyn, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Ugh. That is going to make me a tie-breaker. Dang.[face_worried] We really need an un biased 2nd opinion for the tie-breaking.

:D Good Luck on the Summer Awards!

And while we're waiting, here's the Kissa-plotbunny suggested challenge for June/July!

Freaky Twin Friday!

Jacen and Jaina; or Leia and Luke:

End up switching bodies with their twin during a meditation. They figure out (via the Force) that they'll switch back after twenty-four hours, but both have something important to do that the other must struggle through for appearance's sake.

Words / Things to include:

* a kissing scene (bonus points if one of the twins has to kiss )
    * the phrase: "Stang! Kirff! Sithspit . . . Sithspit again!"
    * A gold flower
    * The words: ghastly, precious, marry me

:p I'm already laughing at the thought of Jacen having to kiss Jag in Jaina's body for the sake of appearance. Or Luke- Han! ::fit of giggles::

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Oh my... :eek: [face_laugh]

I hope I'll find enough time to at least write a cute, little viggie. This sounds so damn funny and I've always wanted to write something as hilarious as possible. :D

Great idea, Kissa!

Thanks, Eowyn. I don't think I'll get an award, but that doesn't matter that much. It just makes my day to see my stories on that list. :) [:D]

3. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I've got so many ideas for this challenge . . .8-}

And I really hope you get a chance to write a vig Chilla.

4. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    :D I look forward to reading these entries. [face_mischief]

Chilla- I feel the same way, I'm just flattered/surprized I got nommed for anything at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9fhcPopk0A <--- A you Tube(don't have to download) Very very cute Luke and Leia twins music video.[face_love]

I thought I'd pass along the love.

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    OMG! I love it! [face_love] Thanks so much for sharing it, Eowyn! [:D]

6. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm glad :D

Do you guys need me to extend the deadline? (to say mid-end of August?)

7. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    I know people have been busy on vacations, so I am going to extend the challenge until September 1st, when everyone should be back in school(or work) and therefore 'have more time' to write.:p

Happy Vacation!

8. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Well, it's the 27th of August, I'm back from 2 weeks vacation in Denmark and 5 days at my grandma's and still only have 5 lines for my story.... :( At least I have a good title..... :rolleyes: ("In my twins body")

I think I need more time.

9. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    :p Yay! You're back! Take as much time as you need. :) It's not like I'm going to turn it down based on lateness.. That would be like Anakin Skywalker giving a lecture on how "Genocide of your fellow Jedi is Bad." :p I'm just happy if you submit it. I really really want to read the fics responding to this challenge!

10. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    So I broke down, and wrote something to inspire you guys to write for this challenge. :p It's mostly the challenge, only it doesn't last a whole day. Luke Leia, ESB. And a kissing scene finally justified. :p [face_mischief]

"When the Force Gets Bored."

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24851283&brd=10476&replies=0

11. SicaMeni

SicaMeni Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2006
    I might try my hand at this and give you something to read. :p The bunny hasn't been biting in a while and I've been itching to write. It might not be on time, but... better than nothing, right? [face_batting]

12. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    I love the whooshing sound that deadlines make as they pass by. Err.. at least with fanfic contests. I'll happily accept and read your entry no matter how 'late' it may be. :D

13. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    I just read that challenge, Eowyn, and i really want to write something for it, if for nothing else then to use one of my new favorite phrases, "Stang! Kriff! Sithspit!...Sithspit again!" LMAO i could have Sooooo much fun with that line!

14. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwwww! Now I also want to write again.

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    My muse feels like being exercized too. Even though it'll be incredibly late since I didn't even see this challenge until today, I think I'm going to try this. :)

Oh, the possibilities...

16. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Okay, I'm currently writing on the story. Anyone volunteering to beta-read? [face_batting]

17. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Oh! Oh! ME ME!!::raises hand high like a little kid:: I want to beta for you Chilla!:D

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwwwww, that's great! [:D] [:D] [:D] Thank you!

Here's my E-Mail address: TStrotmann@hotmail.com
    (the one in my bio I don't use)

Just e-mail me and I'll reply with a story. :D

19. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Oooh, ooh, may I join this "'Beating DN Jacen to a Bloody Pulp.' army."?:D [face_beatup]

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

20. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Yes. Preferably if you make him see what it is he's become, mental torture is sooo much more satifying and can be repeated often.

21. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    5 new fics added. 3 entries to the Challenge. Come Look and See!

Add yours to the Bodies Switch Challenge or come in and read. :)

22. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Woah, I forgot I posted on this. I better get thinking about this...man, it's been a while...:oops: woah...*shakes head vigorously* I sure am an idiot.

TWIN_SABER

23. ancslove

ancslove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2006
    I've been lurking here for awhile, and I had a question. Can you recommend any fics (EU canon or non-canon) where Luke and Leia explain their heritage and relationship to Mon Mothma and the council? In the EU, they seem to keep everything a secret up through COPL. Isolder certainly doesn't know that they are brother and sister, and I'm willing to bet that Ta'a Chume would say something if she knew that Leia had Jedi potential. Yet one year later, in The Thrawn Trilogy, their twinship seems to be common knowledge, although I'm not sure if their relationship to Vader is - Mara doesn't find that out until Wayland, yet I'm sure she knows Luke's relationship to Leia on Myrkr. It seems really odd that the EU authors would leave out such extremely important revelations, so I'm turning to fanfic for help.

24. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hmmmm...

this thread needs a boost. I've not thought about writing a story about Luke and Leia as brother and sister.

We need a new challenge and a new discussion topic?

Spirit? Are you out there?

25. SpiritofEowyn

Mar 5, 2005
    Thanks B!

Discuss!
    Courtesy of ancslove:[b] Let's discuss how you think Luke and Leia told the New Republic that they're related. Do you think it was at a press conference? Did the story leak first, or threaten to? What kind of reactions do you think other main cannon characters had? Wedge? Mon Mothma? Winter? An Imperial?[/b]

Write!
    NEW Challenge: Write a Vig. or one shot that explains how the Big News became common knowledge.
    Include:

- At least two different characters reaction to the news.

-The Press

- a non alcoholic beverage

- a necklace.

Deadline:? What Deadline? I'd prefer some entries by Nov. 20th. (my birthday =P)

Feel Free to brainstorm here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.