main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Other prophecies and prophetic sounding epithets

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tanjint, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    In terms of year of release, was the first prophecy we heard in any Star Wars content Yoda's response of "No, there is another." in Episode V?

Similarly, when Luke knights people and gives them names like "Sword of the Jedi", how do EU books explain the origins of such epithets? I ask because they have a prophetic quality to them.

Same with Allana Solo, Queen of the Jedi? That's a Sith prophecy, right?

Are there any other major prophecies besides that of the One that come to mind on this topic?

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    This is a pretty cool topic, but given the heavy EU emphasis, I'm gonna move it to Lit.

Also, in ANH Ben says to Luke, "your destiny lies along a different path than mine." Depending on who you ask, that could be a kind of prophecy.

Tanjint likes this.
  3. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015

Learning my way around here, no offense taken at the forum move.

Utterances like that from Kenobi that you mentioned are exactly the kind of thing I'm hoping people respond with, thank you!

Makes me think of other things Obi-Wan said and how maybe a lot of what I am interested in may be paraphrased in Jedi teachings, I'll look at that Jedi handbook I saw some wookiepedia articles reference.

4. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Anakin has prophetic dreams; becoming a Jedi, marrying Padme, Padme's death.

"I had a dream I was a Jedi. I came back here and freed all the slaves." has been speculated as a metaphor for freeing the galaxy at the end of ROTJ.

A couple more Obi-Wan quotes...

"You will be a Jedi, I promise."

"Why do I get the feeling you will be the death of me?"

darklordoftech and Tanjint like this.