main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Other Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    In 'Call to Action' Tarkin confirmed the existence of other rebel cells.

massive spoilers from the season finale below:

We now know from Fire Across the Galaxy that Bail Organa, Ahsoka Tano and Hera knew about these cells. Bail seems to be the big cheese. Ahsoka has suggested that these cells will now be more in contact. "The Protocol has changed" What other big names will pop up next season? Is this the beginning of the Rebel Alliance?
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we could talk about this in the Fulcrum thread but I don't on what to say on this.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mon Mothma? Garm Bel Iblis?

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Toonimator like this.
  4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Mon Mothma seems the most likely to see soon. I think from this point onward, I honestly think we will be departing Lothal soon and going towards forming a cohesive rebel fleet/army in the coming season at a rebel base that isn't on Lothal (Dantooine?!). Other organized rebel cells and going on combined missions would be great. Now that the crew's faces are well, well known thanks to Gall Trayvis' broadcast I don't see how they can stick around too long without help. Given who we know Fulcrum is now, I think it is very possible we some more connections from TCW pop up (Saw seems likely).

Not exactly sure of the timeline, but Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles would be cool to see.

whostheBossk and darklordoftech like this.
  5. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    We have those new rebels from the Rebel Recon concept art..

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Dak Ralter

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How about Porkins, Garven Dreis, and Jon Vander?

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Obviously Leia and she will meet Vader at some point during Rebels. ANH hints they've meet at least once before.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd like to see Mon Mothma and certainly Garm Bel Iblis would be awesome.

But I'd like to talk about Rex. I'd just love to see him show up as a prominent rebel.

Perhaps he'll be with the surviving members of the Onderonian resistance?

Or maybe he'll be Ahsoka Tano's lieutenant?

I think the idea I like best, though, is for Rex to be the leader of a small, no-nonsense 'A-team' of disaffected former clone troopers. [​IMG] :D

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This so much this

Filoni you now we want it.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Rogue and Wraith squadrons.

Dash Rendar, Kyle Katarn et al.

I hope Filoni absolutely stuffs Rebels with EU characters.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Akbar may have a rebel cell, and general madine may have one as well. Maybe we see Lobot before the headgear?

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't think he will be with rebels.

16. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I wanna see Barriss leading a sort of really extremist rebel cell that basically just targets indescriminately, and they've got to stop them because they make the whole movement look really bad.

I think it'd make more sense than Barriss being an Inquisitor.

17. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    George Lucas.

19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Wedge, at least in the EU, was around Luke's age--or between Biggs & Luke's ages maybe. So he'd be maybe 16-17 now... Biggs, not really sure how much older he is, but he could be 18 or so by now, maybe older, but I'd rather they stick more to the Deleted Scene idea than something more like Dark Horse's Darklighter--IOW, if he's attending some Outer Rim Imperial Academy (away from Tatooine), I hope he's there training to be a civilian starship officer, not there training to be a freakin' TIE pilot, and that he'd only join up with the Alliance not terribly long before ANH (but maybe not, as an ANH-including-Anchorhead-scene implies, merely a few days before the Battle of Yavin). I'd rather some of the older pilots appear; save Biggs & Wedge for, like, the final season when the timeline might be "last couple months/weeks before ANH".

The trick, tho, is how do you not have everyone constantly getting their asses handed to them for the next few seasons if this is, indeed, the actual Rebel Alliance now? ANH's title crawl says the theft of the Death Star plans was part of the Alliance's first victory... IMO I think the network of rebel cells is growing, but they're not, as yet, the Alliance to Restore the Republic. That distinction could be important.

I likewise hope we get lots of EU characters appearing, but I want them to make some sense compared to the old non-canon framework... like, I wouldn't wanna see Gavin Darklighter, because that'd be pulling an "X-Men First Class' Alex Summers" on the Darklighter family (Alex is supposed to be Scott Summers' kid brother, but in that universe they're either unrelated or Alex is far older than Scott), and I wouldn't wanna see Corran Horn turn up unless it's as a teen on Corellia, met or referenced in passing by CorSec officer Hal Horn.

And I'd really rather that Rogue Squadron be kept to its old origins: a squadron put together by Luke sometime after Yavin. Dark Horse's Brian Wood SW comic really bugged me on that front, as he tended to write Wedge to be this older, competent veteran instead of someone I always took as being almost as green as Luke in ANH, and basically put Wedge in charge of creating Rogue Squadron--Luke was just one of the pilots on the roster...and, of course, the series didn't get to run anywhere near long enough to get to the point where Luke would be Rogue Leader as he was in ESB.

I'd enjoy seeing Kyle...not so keen on Dash.

I'd much rather see Rogues & Wraiths in their own series set post-ROTJ...

Trebor Sabreon and jabberwalkie like this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed. The crawls are another of those "immovable" things I mentioned in the "Filoni's workaround" thread. They cannot be ignored, outright.

The ANH crawl states:

"Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire."

It doesn't specify the "Rebel Alliance," but I think we almost have to keep that distinction. It's everything. Otherwise, yes, you cannot actually have the 'good guys' doing anything of real note against the Empire in Rebels (and who wants to see that, right?).

See, folks? I'm open to some "certain p.o.v." thinking. :p

Toonimator likes this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It's hard to know for certain from just a quick glance at concept art, but it looks like we may be seeing some more Asian-influenced characters in Star Wars. That's something I'm in favor of just on principle, alone, but given Star Wars' roots, I think it's actually even more apt, here.

Commander Santo. I look forward to meeting you!

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So far we have like 3 people who are asian in the new Canon.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Good. :D I was happy, for instance, when Sifo-Dyas's canon appearance kept the Asian influence from his EU depiction, too.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well that makes 4
    That one General Guy from TCW
    Sabine
    Sifo Dyas
    Commander Sato

25. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...and at least one pilot in Gray Squadron in ROTJ, and at least one Bespin Guard in ESB...

jabberwalkie likes this.