main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Other than Star Wars Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Apr 10, 2006.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I just finished watching Corvette Summer for about the one hundreth time! I so love the scene where he stands in the moon roof of the van and sings love is a many spendored thing!! and what led up to it always makes me giggle and blush. [face_blush] [face_shhh] :)

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003

Everytime I hear the name of that film I think of Queen's "I'm in love with my car". Don't know why. :p

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    YES

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    That along with the library/glasses episode ranks as my alltime favorite TZ episodes.

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    "Time Enough at Last" ~ Classic! heartbreaking.

6. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I really enjoyed Final Fantasy the Spirts Within..........

7. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    That was actually a pretty good movie. Could have used without the Final Fantasy name on it. It had nothing to do with any of the series, so I was disappointed at that, but it was a great movie anyway. I liked it.

Now, just wait for Advent Children[face_mischief]. I can't wait. The voices are the same as in KH2, so it should be amazing. Cloud and Sephiroth made me =P~ at their voices. I ca't wait. When it will be out in America, no clue (damned Sqaure-Enix pushing release dates back), but it should be amazing.

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I THOUGHT it was to be released on the 25th of this month?

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Spirits Within was a great movie. we went twice at the theater to see it..and bought it immediately when it came to video. We are also really looking forward to advent children.. in fact my son sounds just like you Tim.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    OK, someone explain to me why Quentin Tarantino's films are so well thought of?

I've only seen Pulp fiction, and this weekend both Kill Bills.

I really don't care for his stuff. It's violent for the sake of violent (to the point of making it more a joking point) and not great stories. I find it pretentious and in the vein of exploitation films of the 70?s without the social commentary associated with that style of filmmaking.

I just don?t see why they are so well regarded. What am I missing?

11. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I agree with you Hal, I've never seen a Quentin Tarantino movie that I have really liked. The violence usually seems a bit over the top (especially Kill Bill).

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    how about a drive in movie night for the TFF this summer! would be great fun I think!

13. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I dont know about a drive in, Ive responded there to many times for fights and other stupid stuff, but I will be taking a day off for the new X-Men movie, anyone wanna join?

14. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Memorial Day weekend? Sure, I'll be there.

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Depending on what day that weekend (and time), I'm a-go

16. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh man.. we love the drive in.. we take the kids there once a week in the summer.. never seen a fight yet.. we go on monday nights.. mostly it is really slow.. and we take dinner and candy, drinks, snacks.. make a whole night of it.. great fun!! This will be our Fourth year of summer Drive In movies [face_dancing]

X Men comes out on May 26th. What showing are you wanting to go to, Jake can make a memorial Day/Night showing on May 29th. I can probably make any of the showings as long as someone can get me a ride.. and Jake approves the cost for me.

17. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello again from Massachusetts!

We have a few drive-in theatres out this way too and, like Cathie, I take my kids and a couple friends every other week during the summer! I don't know how much they are out that way but, out here it is $20 per car load and, because we have a mini-van, we get 6-7 people in for they $20! We bring our own snacks and drinks and have dinner on the way!

Last year, there was one trip in particular that stuck in my memory... We took the kids to see Batman Forever the night it opened and it was followed by ROTS! My son, Jacob, was in heaven!

I have every intention of seeing X3 at the drive-in next weekend!

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey K!!! Nice to see you, yes, we love the drive-in as well. Looking forward to seeing many movies there this summer! some of us are talking about going to see X-Men.. and I hope we get too.. course money is always an ever present issue!!

our drive-in has four screens, and you listen by radio station waves, so when we go the whole family can see what ever movie they want. we park at one screen, and most of us watch that movie.. but one or two of us always brings our radio headset and we tune in to a different movie while sitting right next to each other.. quite fun.. Kirby spent one summer watching Harry Potter every single week, while the rest of us watched whatever was new.

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    How aboutt hre 29th then? IOt is a day off for me anwyays and I wont have to take friday the 26th off, and hopefully the crowds wont be as bad, so whats the concensus? day or evening showing, Im easy both ways (you heard me damian)

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    monday the 29th is good for me.. what theater are we talking about going to.

21. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Monday the 29th is fine, but no evening shows, please. I have to (summer hours) be to work at 5:30 AM on Tuesday! AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I am not a morning person.

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    How about Park place, its central and has the most comfy seats

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    park place works for me.. I love el con best.. but I will go where all else go :)

24. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Park Place and El Con are both good choices. Since you started this, Dustin, if you say Park Place, that is where I will go...

...as opposed to all those other places people have told me to go to...

25. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    UMMMM I kept bringing this up so I will again, I have Final Fantasy Advent children on DVD for anyone who wishes to borrow it.

I will talk with Amber about X3, if we are not in Phoenix we will attend!