Ottawa 501stEvents!! LOOK!!

Discussion in 'Ottawa, ON' started by VaderFanForever, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    I posted this in the other 501st thread, but I think for all Ottawa events, I will post in here from now on! Sorry Crazymike! Maybe you can delete that last post that says the same thing this does [face_whistling]

Fellow troops, and soon to be troops, I have an event I would like you to attend if you can. Here is the info:

What: Ottawa 67's Game

Where: Ottawa, Ontario - Civic Centre

When: December 30th - 7:30 - Dorrs open at 6pm

What: 501st Trooping the Arena During the Game

It would be great if we could get our as many guys and gals as we can. Here is who is coming so far:

Elijah - Darth Vader
    Luc - Imperial Royal Guard
    Erik - ROTS Anakin
    John (more than likely) Emperor Palpatine

DarExc, even if your friends aren't part of the 501st yet, you are still invited to gear up and join us!

If anyone else can make it, please either post here or PM me.

Eli
  2. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    You did run this past Roy?

Always best to follow the chain of command afterall.
  3. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's not an offical 501st event because we are not an offical group yet. We are just volunteering for the game. But I guess I better let Roy know. Thanks Woofer.

Eli
  4. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    Woffer, check out the 501st.ca forum!! There you will find what you are looking for.

Eli
  5. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I saw.

I figure its a matter of courtesy at least to let Roy know. I know as the Rebel Legion commander I like to be kept informed of any events. A) Because its something I can add to the list of events done for the year, and B) because the RL charter makes the Base Commander ultimately responsible for any events.

I'm sure Roy is in a similar situation.
  6. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    what does one need to join the 501st apart from the obscenely expensive costume?
  7. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well Yiddle, for someone to join the 501st, besides having a obscenely expensive costume, one only needs to want to have fun and volunteer for events.

Eli

p.s. Not all cosutmes are expensive.
  8. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    My 501st costume took me about an hour to make, and if I had made everything myself, would have been around $100.

So no, not all costumes are that expensive
  9. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the 2 most expensive cotumes to do are Vader and Boba/Jango Fett. But for about 500 bucks, you could easily become a Stormtrooper. I have heard that a Scout is about 600-650.

However, if you want to be a silly Jedi/Pilot Rebel Scum, then the costumes probably run about 100-300 for a really good Jedi.

You Rebel Scum!!!

Eli - VaderFanForever
  10. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I did say my 501st costume. I am a member of both sister clubs afterall.

The X-Wing pilot has cost me over $1000 US so far and counting. A pretty decent Jedi costume with proper materials is probably in the $500 or so range.
  11. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    500$ US or canadian and also where can one get a stormtrooper suit made up for this price?
  12. VaderFanForever Jedi Knight

star 3
    Your best bet is to look on eBay. There are usually kits on there. Costumejunkie.com also has a pretty nice looking set of Stormtrooper gear. But then you have to get a blaster, undersuit, boots, and speaker system. I think costumejunkie does that.

Eli
  13. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    i guess Costume Junkie is a very popular place as their bandwith has been exceeded. I guess I'll try again later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.