main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Ottawa 67's Game Change!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    To those of you that were planning on going to this game, the date has been changed. The new date is January 6th at 7:30. Please make note of this. And for those of you who just want to come out and see us, that would be great as well. It doesn't cost a lot for a 67's game. Plus you can get your picture taken with some great Star Wars characters!!

Eli

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    My Makeup is going to take about 4 hours. Should I do it at home beforehand? or is there a Green Room?

3. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    4 hour???? Holy Crap!! How much can you do before you getto the game??

4. Minder

May 28, 2002
    LOL Its Darth Maul :) It took Ray Park 4 hours to get into his, and he had a makup artist. This is common with Maulies. I can do it at home, but I need to know all the details of where to go, because Im gonna be showing up in costume.

5. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    No problem. I will be talking with Sean (67's guy) in the next couple of weeks. I will let eveyone know when and where!

Eli

6. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Well I did it. Im ready for the game :)

[image=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/928751/RobBald2.JPG]

7. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Holy Darth Maul!! Nice! Now all you have to do, is make your teeth look like they are rotting, and paint your face!

Can't wait to see the rest of the costume!

Eli

8. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    hehehe baldy...[face_whistling] Lookinf forward to lots of pics guys so make sure they are a plenty.

9. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Yiddle, you should come out to the game and see us in person!! That way you could get pics of you with us!

Elijah

10. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    hehe i think i already do...were you not the vader at Silvercity Gloucester for the midnight screening of ROTS? If so then i was the other vader (crappy one) :oops:

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Yiddle, were you the Vader with the sign on your "chest box" that said "out of order?

12. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Yiddle, you dont work at a local gaming store do you?

13. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    Negative sir. Here are some pics of that event. (I was the crappy vader as mentionned above)

ROTS 12:01am Premiere

14. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    Negative sir. I am a security guard.

15. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Eli do you have a timeline of exactly what we are doing? I want to know if I invite my wife, will I get to watch the game with her ?

16. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't know.

I went to call my connection with the 67's. The guy that answered the phone says that he no longer works with the 67's :eek: So, someone else called me yesterday, but I was at work so I missed his call. We are now playing phone tag.

The first guy I talked to said that he wanted us to be walking around the arena during the game, and then out on the concorse during the intermissions for the fans.

I will update you once I have more info. But to answer your question, I don't think it will be very possible to watch much of the game when you have TONS of people asking you for a pic or autograph!!

See you soon!

Elijah

17. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Thats cool. Juat want to know the score :)

18. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Talked with my contact today! :)

He said that we could all meet at GATE 1 at the Civic Centre. Then we look for our other contact person, and he will show us our changing room. HE said we will probably have to share it with a bunch of little hockey players, but that should be alright.

The meeting time will be at 6 pm at Gate 1.

Can't wait!! See you there Darth Maul!

Elijah

19. Minder

May 28, 2002
    I did some makeup tests today, and its going to take longer than I expected to get everything to stick properly. Im going to have to do the makeup at home, and show up in costume.

Getting it all off is also difficult, so I will likely drive both ways in makeup :)

I had to pick the toughest character out there :(

20. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    ok quick thing make sure you show up at Arena Gate 1....or did your contact say Stadium Gate 1....? If it's arena gate 1 then that's the bank street entrance. If it's Stadium Gate 1 (aka arena gate 4) that's the back entrance from the parking lot. Parking is 5$ i beleive from last i remembered. As for the change room i'm trying to figure out where they are gonna stick you. You see I worked there for 3 years (security) so i still have the entire layout in my head.

P.S. The reason I mention Stadium Gate 1 (arena Gate 4) is because that is where the Ottawa 67's main office is.

21. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    We will be going to Gate 1 on Bank St. Then we will be meeting a guy by the name of Richard Bue.

Unfortuanly we will have to share a dressing room with a kids hockey team. Hopefully it will be big enough for all of us!

Yiddle, will you be coming to this event?

Eli

22. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    I'd love to but no costume...however for future events maybe get some Ottawa Fanforce T-shirts made up and some flyers for advertising?

23. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Yiddle,

You can still come and maybe be one of our handlers ;) The idea of a flyer is fantastic! I would also like to make one for the 501st as well to get a bit more publicity. Hopefully that can be done soon!

Elijah

24. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    hence why a tshirt with Ottawa Fan Force logo on the front and staff (or something ike that) on the back would be good to have :D I'll talk with my wife and maybe bring her along to the hockey game. I'll keep you posted.

25. Yiddle_ja

Aug 17, 2005
    as i laid in bed last night i came up with an idea. What if I came in the capacity of being the photographer for this event for website purposes. There's just one hitch, I don't have a digital camera but if someone going to the event would be willing to lend theirs for the evening, I would be willing to do this also. Have some pics of the event for the soon to be made website (if there is one)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.