Ottawa Ottawa area Christmas Dinner

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarExc, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarExc Force Ghost

star 1
    How would the gathering group feel about an Ottawa area Christmas dinner sometime in the next few weeks? I know we're just getting off the ground but many of us have yet to meet and what a better time to get together than over the Christmas break! My reenactment group always does this for veterans and new and old members as a get to know each other thing where we sit down over a meal, always one of the nicer more personal events when we aren't shooting at each other with MG42's, Bren Guns and the like ;) Just a thought would be nice to plan out a direction to take the group and get to know everyone.

Jer
  2. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    GREAT IDEA DarExc!

Would you like to help organize it ?
  3. DarExc Force Ghost

star 1
    Sure, if you want. Wouldn't be hard. Is there a mailing list yet? The big problem will be deciding on a place to go and I have a biased towards Lindenhauf ;)
  4. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep there is a mailing list, Ill try to get you on it when I get home.

Suggestions on where and when?

Keep in mind that the mailing list is more effective when advertising events, as its active instead of passive. So we can post things here, but the Mailing list will get more results.
  5. DarExc Force Ghost

star 1
    Ok, you still have my address I asume? I was thinking the 16th or something? See what works for people.
  6. DarExc Force Ghost

star 1
    For those that didn't recieve the email.

It would be nice to get together sometime before Christmas so those of us who haven't met yet can get acquainted with each other and also we can plan a direction for the group. I was thinking the evening of Friday the 16th? I don't know what kind of food everyone likes; I personally enjoy the Lindenhauf which is a German restaurant near Carling Wood and Baseline. If you would like to participate please send me an email or PM and let me know if this date is good or if you'd like another one chosen and same goes for the restaurant.
  7. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    i sent a reply by email so check it out.
  8. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im there
    Where are the rest of you?
    Im Hungry!
  9. Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, no, I can't go. I'm fully booked every day over the holidays, either exams, working, or I'm back home.
  10. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lindenhof Restaurant
    Tel: 613-725-3481
    365 Forest Street
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Cuisine: German
    Area: Ottawa West

Find the menu here http://www.thelindenhof.com/images/stories/dinnermenu.pdf

Menu: Home Made Bratwurst, Sauerbraten, Rouladen, Chicken, Wienerschnitzel, Jägerschnitzel, Salmon.

Bratwurst
    Two home-made German sausages, grilled and served with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. ................................ $12.95

Pork Hock
    Oven roasted ham hock with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes .... $16.75

Sauerbraten
    Roast of beef, cured in red wine and juniper marinade, thinly sliced and served with braised red cabbage and potato dumplings.
    ......................................................... $16.95

Wiener Schnitzel $15.95
    Lightly breaded pork loin, served with home fries and braised red cabbage.
    Chicken ...... $16.95 Veal ....... $17.95

11. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanx for the info...now will this be under a certain reservation...i mean after all some of us dont know anyone there yet?
  12. Minder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ill have to defer to DarExc on this, but I suspect we can make it for "Fan Force Club"
  13. DarExc Force Ghost

star 1
    I would suggest 19:00 (7pm) on the 16th. If that?s too late let me know. You should expect to spend around ~$20 on the food (a little under or over) and a bit more on wine, German beer or sody pop. I?ll make the reservation under "Fan Force Club" as sugested. Here?s the address and phone number for map quest and you can call if you want specifics on their menu.

613-725-3481
    365 Forest Street,
    Ottawa, ON K2B 7Z7

Jer
  14. R2-12point Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm working that night, but I just found (or rather rediscovered, as I remember posting here once a long time ago) the Ottawa board. I hope they'll be another get together not too far in the future.

15. Yiddle_ja Jedi Knight

star 1
    sounds good, i just informed my wife and should be there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.