main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Ottawa Episode 3 Premier Line Up!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hello all!! I am looking for people who want to camp out in front of the AMC in Kanata, Ontario. I'd like to have as many people come as possible!! It would be great to see tons of tents surrounding the theatre!! If you would be interested, please PM me, and we will begin to work on the plans!!

2. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I live really close by, but I can't spare the time to do it :( A bunch of my friends are considering it though :D

3. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    And so, the line-up planning for E3 begins... sorry, don't live in Kanata... but I'm definately going to be in line for E3! Anyone actually going to dress up though? I wouldn't want to go to the theatres and be the only one in a Jedi robe and lightsaber... too much attention... but if anyone else is interested, that's another story... anyone want to join me? I'm in Mississauga on the edge of Oakville.

4. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    I am trying to work something out with AMC that would allow me to walk the halls of the theatre in my Vader costume during the first day of the movie!! And tonight, I will be at the Comic Book Shoppe on Clyde Ave. in Nepean for a Midnight Madness sale!!

Hope to see anyone from the Ottawa area there!

5. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Do you know when tickets go on sale at the AMC by chance? I know a lot of people who wanna go at midnight.

6. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    As far as I know, you can buy tickets on-line or by phone at anytime. However, if you are looking for tickets to newly released shows (which are usually on Fridays), they usually do not post the schedules until the day of the opening. You must buy tickets on the day of the movie or order them on the day of the movie.

Here's A Link to get AMC Tickets:
    http://www.movietickets.com/
    There are other AMCs in Ontario. Just browse their website to find tickets and showtimes.

7. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    I've been talking with the manager at AMC Kanata to see if there will be a midnight showing of Ep3. Last time I saw him, about 3 weeks ago, he still had no idea. I plan on going to AMC to see a movie in the near future, so I will ask him again, since the movie is a bit closer now.

8. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Nice, I might be goin' to a movie tomorrow, so I might ask too :)

9. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Friend phoned the AMC today, apparently you can buy tickets for the midnight showing right now. We're getting ours tomorrow :)

10. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    [image=http://img217.echo.cx/img217/8631/picture34so.jpg]

w00t!

11. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Son of a $%#$@!!!! I asked one of the managers if there was going to be a midnight showing...he told me no, there were not going to do it!!! I was at C3, so I had no idea that this was going to happen!! I was even planning something with the 501st for the AMC!! Oh well, I guess I will be taking my buisness elsewhere!! Man, that makes me mad!!

12. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    Its quite unfortunate for you guys too because Silvercity Gloucester (EAST END) is getting a digital projector and the digital version of Ep3 which is officially a whoppin 10 min longer!

MUAHAHAHAHA

13. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    VaderFanForever, I don't think they're sold out yet...and I'm definitely heading out to Gloucester at some point ;)

14. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    PM me if ur going to gloucester

15. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    I'll let you in on a little secret...since AMC is selling the tickets (after they told me there would be no 12:01 show) I am working on something that may be of interest...myself, and possibly 3 other members of the 501st may be showing up at Silver City on the 19th!! Stay tuned!

16. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    What is the 501?

I'm hoping to be going to the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith at the AMC. It all depends on what my work schedule looks like though.

17. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    The 501st is a HUGE Star Wars costuming group that deals with the Empire. The members are from all over the world! I have tried to get one started in Ottawa, but with no luck.

If you would like to see us in costume, then plan on coming to Silver City Glouster. I am working on something right now that would have myself Darth Vader) a Boba Fett and 2 Stormtroopers to be at the theatre on opening day. I don't think we would be there for the 12:01 show though, becuase I'd like to see the movie first!!

I will update as soon as I have news!

18. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    463 out of 500 tickets left at the AMC in Kanata in case anyone was wondering :)

19. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Ahh, I see. Yeah, the whole Empire part is what would have stopped me from knowing about it. I'm more into Padme and Leia costumes. :p
    If I can figure out how to get to the Silver City easily, I'll see if I can go there if I have a costume.

(I'm coming in from Brockville, so the AMC is really easy to get to off the highway)

20. Jhero

Jhero Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I am going to amc kanata! Just wondering, why did theforce.net take famous players off the list of theatres that are showing sw3 in digital?

21. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Boo Yeah, another AMCer! :p

I've got about 17 people going with me :D

Didn't know how into Star Wars some of my friends were.

22. Relm

Relm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    GAH. You know, for AotC, my friends and I went to the Silvercity Gloucester, and NOBODY was dressed up. It was tragic.

We heard that the Coliseum had a better fan turnout, and we made plans to go to that theater this time. However, since it's been mentioned that some of you will be going to the Silvercity---

We had planned on a showing some time between 7:00pm and 8:30pm (a nice evening one, so I have time to come back from Toronto!). ALSO!~

I was going as a Chiss Imperial officer, and another friend was going to be clotheslined to be Palpatine. (I didn't even know there was a 501st presence in Ottawa! ALL KINDS OF NEAT.)

So, before we start buying packs of tickets-- should we go for Silvercity or Coliseum? AMC is much too far for us, sadly.

23. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    Stupid kanata in the boonies :p

I guess I'll just have to get people out here to dress up.

Everybody should take pictures of their night and post em here afterwards :D

24. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I found out that Silver City has started to seel tickets for the 12:01 showing of the movie. I still have not heard back yet from the manager, and am getting a little pissed. He keeps telling me that he has not heard from head office yet...yeah, right. It has to be head office that told them to start to sell the tickets.

Update soon.

25. Frobro00

Frobro00 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    Well, I'm going to the Midnight showing at the AMC with a lot of friends. I'm trying to decide if I should have fun and bring my lightsabers or not. Either way, it should be a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.