main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Ottawa FanForce Meeting - Picnic?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lil_Miss_Amidala, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Hey everyone! I had a cool idea for a FanForce meeting we could have in Ottawa. I know we need a certain number of meetings to get the chapter started, so maybe we could have a picnic. If possible, a meadow picnic. :p It would be fun to go in costume and have lunch and stuff. I don't know Ottawa well enough to know the good greenspace, but it would be might to meet up somewhere we can take some pictures of costumes and stuff.

What do you think? :)

2. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Wow, I havent visited the ontario section of tfn in a long time, and now with the release of ep3, I figured I would check in and see if there is any Ottawa activity. Sure enough there has been, cool!
    You guys should definetly stick with it, the last time ottawa had its own board here, it closed down due to lack of interest - I hope this isnt another one of those times where ottawa people start getting together because of the release of a sw movie, and than lose interest soon afterwards.

I think a picnic is a great idea Lil, I probably wont be able to go because I am very very busy nowadays, but the rest of you Ottawians should really work on making yourselfes official, I will root you on!

3. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Well, I worry about that too, but I figure that as long as I have something to keep my interest alive (which would be events to make costumes for or SW marathons) then I'll be set.

Speaking of marathons, we should have an original or new trilogy marathon at UOttawa when school opens. ^_^

4. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Andrew Hayden Park is really nice for picnics.

5. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Hayden --> Hayden Christensen --> Anakin

Star Wars link too, which is fun. ^_^ lol

6. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Other points might be the Experimental Farm (If they still allow picnics, also provides a bit of entertainment if you're caught with an awkward "What should we do...?") and the park near Hogsback at the end of the canal, Glebe-area (Whenever the Tulip Festival is, even...if I haven't already missed it, which I probably have)

There, rough input from an ex-Ottawonian

7. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Tulip Festival ends this weekend.

I just want a picnic so I have an excuse to make the Picnic dress from Ep2. :p

8. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Amidala, that is a fun idea! Andrew Haden Park sounds like a great place. Plus, is really close to Famous Players, where we could go see a certain Star Wars movie...what do you think? Picnic and a movie???

What about bringing costumes??

9. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Well, I was thinking the picnic could be later on in the summer... Make the movie watching seperate, so it counts as a seperate event. Then we'll be closer to getting our official FanForce chapter. :)

10. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Good call! I didn't even think of that!!

So...when would be good for everyone to do the picnic?? Let's hear your ideas.

11. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    In theory yes, but I'm always being asked to do stuff so I'm not sure if I could make it.

12. Pedrith

Pedrith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    I'm up for a picnic or seeing the movie again. I've already seen it twice, and don't mind seeing it for a third time. Just let me know when and where and I will see what i can do, although weekends are the best bet for me cause I work full time.

Pedrith :)

13. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    People...what would you prefer to do...a picnic, or go see Episode 3....AGAIN!! I vote for seeing the movie. We could all meet at AMC perhaps, and pick a time to see it. I think this would be the best way of us all who want to have a Fan Force to meet each other!

Please let me hear your comments. I feel a disturbance in the Force that the FanForce has lost a bit of steam...I sure hope this is not the case!

14. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm up for a fifth viewing :p

15. Lil_Miss_Amidala

May 21, 2002
    Yeah, the picnic would be better sometime during the summer. When would you all want to see the movie? We have to be careful to avoid high school exams so everyone can come.

16. Hudson1138

Hudson1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2005
    does anyone here have msn? it would be good if we could all just msg each other in real time as opposed to having to wait a few hours for each others post!

17. Pedrith

Pedrith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    Well I'm up for seeing the movie again. I'd say the best bet is either Friday Night or a weekend showing. just email with with the information and I will try and make it.

Pedrith

18. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    We could all meet at AMC perhaps

Why not a theatre that is more centraly localized?... like downtown :)

19. Hudson1138

Jan 7, 2005
    Agreed, AMC is quite the B!TCH to get to, seeing as I live on the east side of town.

20. Hudson1138

Jan 7, 2005
    Agreed, AMC is quite the B!TCH to get to, seeing as I live on the east side of town.

21. Dudemeyster

Aug 30, 2004
    I can walk to the AMC, so it's quite convenient for me :p

22. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Sheesh! I can take a hint Hudson ;) How about the Coluseum? How is that for everyone?

23. Hudson1138

Jan 7, 2005
    still a bit far, but for Star Wars, Why not!

24. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Okay...since it alright for Hudson to get to the Coluseum, how is it for everyone else? I would like to do this as soon as we can.

By the way, I was just informed by my 501st XO, that there will be a cherity event at the Lobes in Barhaven on Saturday. I will plan on being there, along with the XO who is a TIE pilot, and his friend...not sure what he is. Here is the info:

Ottawa Hospital fundraising BBQ
    Loeb Chapman Mills Market in Barrhaven
    3201 Strandherd Drive, Nepean ON
    11am to 3pm. The main draw is at 2pm

I am not sure what the draw is for...have to find out. Hope to see you there!

25. Hudson1138

Jan 7, 2005
    hey vader, what did you think of me when i presented myself to you? yo useemed a bit confused at first LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.