main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Ottawa Lines...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kalgash, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Great info sabre81. Let us know the second you have confirmation!

2. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I just posted this on the Canada General forum, but figured I'd post it here for you guys too:

Excellent news for anyone in Ottawa.

I just spoke with the super-helpful Colin at SilverCity Gloucester.

They have received their "download" for Episode 2 this evening, however they cannot input it into the system until they close tonight. This means, they will be going on sale as of Wednesday morning. Box office at SilverCity opens at 11:30am EDT.

There will be a 12:01am show. They will be running screenings pretty much 24 hours at day, at least for the 1st day (negotiations on number of prints still in the works with LucasFilm).

Finally good news!!! Thank you Colin

3. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Colin is on crack.
    I think he was a little premature with his statements.
    There is no 12:01 a.m. show there are only 4 shows scheduled the first day. They are 12:00 noon, 3:30 7:00 and 10:30 p.m.
    Hopefully, there will be many, many more shows begining on the 17th but the first day it is only in one theatre.

Unfortunately, you cannot yet buy tickets online. This may soon change and if it does the tickets will be gobbled up quickly.

Have fun.

4. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    This is insane..... if famous players as 1 theater showing Star Wars on the first day of it's releast they're a bunch of moron and I'll take my bussiness somewhere else!!!!

5. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Where do you get that info anyway Sabre 81?

6. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Sabre81's info is very accurate. Famous has still not confirmed everything with Fox.

Again...One week in advance.

7. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    I just talked with someone at SilverCity and they said that they aren't selling the tickets today!!! What gives

8. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Sabre - You are correct, Colin was on crack :)

I just got back from purchasing my tickets at Silvercity. 12:00pm (noon), 3:30pm, 7pm, and 10:30pm for May 16th. They are not pre-selling any other dates, and do not have any info on 12:01am showings.

As a backup, I got tickets at Southkeys for the 12:01am show.

9. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    "Good Job"

Now you will be at an opening screening at two theatres and there should be incredible excitement at each show.
    My experience with these shows is there are only about enough crazies to populate about 3 consecutive shows on the first day and then the excitement dies and the crowd is much more subdued.

Oh ya, SilverCity has comunicated to the box office staff that they can sell for AotC. But, Vallsyl, if you would like to boycott Famous Players in favour of any other theatre in Ottawa, I think you will be disappointed in their presentation.

As long as Fox gets their head around the fact that they are NOT the only film distribution company with a huge movie coming out this summer, then Famous will be playing multiple prints of AotC come Friday May 17th.

10. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I agree.

I'm still hanging onto the hope that FP will work something out and be able to play a 12:01am show themselves. The theaters are much better quality, I'd rather see it there then at an Odeon theater.

11. Etherway

Etherway Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2002
    Seeing as SilverCity has begun selling tickets already, does that mean that the Coliseum is selling them, as well?

12. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    This is a bunch of bull-pucky. Toronto gets 12:01am showings. I don't want to see SW for the first time in a subpar theatre. And that is exactly what I am gonna get by going to South Keys.

I may just wait it out now and see it at the AMC on the Saturday.

This is crap. I am calling both theatres again and maybe if enough of us call and get our friends to call we can get the manager to change his mind and give us a 12:01am showing.

13. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    Kalgash,

I'm really big on quality presentation as well. But, if you want to see a 12:01 showing then South Keys is your best bet. It's not about presentation for the first show, it's about the experience. When I saw EP1's first 3 shows at SilverCity Gloucester in 1999 you couldn't hear the begining of the movie, the fans were so loud. That was the best part of the movie. Not the presentation and not the movie, but the experience with other Star Wars fans.

Enjoy the experience. You can see the movie anytime, anywhere.

14. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Nicely said... The experience of the last week was stressfull. I waited 4 hours in line at Coliseum for TPM and only got the 3 o'clock am showing. And they pretty much add one showing per hour. So I tought it would be hard as hell to get tickets this time but I just walked into SouthKeys and bought mine the day after they started to sell! I have a hard time figuring how come these show aren't sold out yet. Are any of the SilverCity show sold out? Anyway everyone should get tickets for the midnight show at SouthKey and then in the weeks to follow go and see it at SilverCity and see if there is such a big difference!!!! See you there ;-)

15. OttawaSith

OttawaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2001
    I picked up my tickets today for the 12 noon showing at Silver City...they said if there is a change and they do have a midnight showing..the tickets could be exchanged...

16. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    I talked to both theatres (Coliseum and Silver City) today and they said a final decision would be made at least 4 days beforehand. So this means people wanting to wait it out and take a chance have a time to shoot for now.

I checked with the World Exchange and they are having a midnight screening so my 10 buds and I are prolly gonna go and see it there first.

I just know that as soon as I buy my tickets Silver City will announce a midnight showing. Oh well at least I will see it opening night in a decent theatre.

Best of luck to all of you with your SW ticket hunting.

17. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    This afternoon I was speaking with the Director for Central / East Operations of Famous Players and happened to mention that Cineplex was running midnight shows for AotC. He was quite concerned that Famous was missing an opportunity by not offering this show. He was unaware that the majority of the hardcore fans are expecting a midnight show and are buying tickets at other locations for this timeslot.
    Hopefully, he can make a case for a single midnight show and SilverCity and Coliseum will have it afterall.

No promises though. Tickets have been on sale at other locations for a few days now, so the opportunity to release this show is not as attractive as it was a few days ago.

18. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Just picked up my 11 tickets for the 12:01am show at the World Exchange. Cheap too. Only $11.50 instead of $13.50 like FP is charging. Another bonus. The theatre is a 5 minutes drive from my apt. Woot. So happy now.

Only one question remains. Where do I go for the second viewing? So many choices. So. Many. Choices.

19. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    movies are 13.50? holy crap.

20. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    Yup. $13.50 Canadian. So that is like what? 8 bucks American? Although I hear NY City is upto $10-11.

21. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Crappy Plex....Hence the $11.50...I hope you don't have the Ex FP projectionist making up your print.

Muhahaha...

I'm sorry Cineplex guest service passes are not accepted at Famous Players theatres.

22. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Does anybody know if some shows are sold out already! Where is all the fans that waited in line for TPM?
    Did they hate the movie that much ;-)

23. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    VeRmiLLionX: While I agree that the presentation at South Keys suxors beyond all reasonable bounds, I have never had a problem at World Exchange before.

Then again with a remark like the sentence above I am just begging for there to be a first time at 12:01am on the 16th.

Perhaps knocking on this wood will help.

hehe.

Prolly not.

==============================================

EDITED for grammar and punctuation that made me look rather dumb. Move along, nothing to see here. ;)

24. MasterKoon

MasterKoon Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Hey Kalgash.... QUALITY theatre? Am I missing something or did World Exchange get revamped recently? Last I went it was a crap theatre with tiny ass screens and sound that's worse than what I can get from a DVD on my computer.

Please tell me if it's changed. I'd like to see it there if it's good.

25. Kalgash

Kalgash Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    At the WE. Theatres number one and two are good size theatres. You are correct about the other ones though. They are all really small. Home theatre size (well home theatre of a moderatly wealthy person that is.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.