main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Our ability to use the Force has diminished." What did Mace mean?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Anakin1, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    He told Yoda that and Yoda said "Only the dark Lord of the Sith knows of that."

Dose he mean there use of the Force is slipping or does it mean there powers of using the Force has weakned over the years?

2. CameroFett18

CameroFett18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Mace ment that because the dark side is starting to be revealed more and more, it means that their abilities to use the force is starting to get more and more clouded by the dark side.

3. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    "The Dark Side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."

4. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Yeah, that and the Jedi are getting overconfident.

5. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    remember that this line came becuase they were unable to perceive the creation of the clone army.it means that the darkness is starting to take over and of course the jedi's ablitieswere practicly crippled(remember that none of them could sense that palps was the sith master,wich means that palps is enormously powerful in the dark side,so powerful that he evn clouds master yoda's vision).

6. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    It's easy to understand.
    "[Their] abilty to use the force has diminished [to see into the future, the curtain of time]."

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    It means that their ability to use the force has decrease.

dey can't be using da force like dey usta could

8. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    They talk about this in the new visual guide for the entire star wars saga. according to it, palpatine was using a sith technique to obstruct the jedi's access to the force.

9. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I sort of thought it was because the Jedi had been setting on their well-coushined
    hind-ends for a thousand generations instead of being an active force in the, well,
    er, force. The become sedentary and compliant the distant from the force.
    The sith continually maintain their connectivity to the force because they
    actively manipulate it.

10. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I think that is a fairly original way to look at it.

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I kind of like that idea, TheCRZA(sp?). I didn't really like the idea that Palpatine could screw up the Jedi enough, especially the really powerful ones like Yoda, that they couldn't use the Force worth a lick. It sort of contradicted Yoda's comment in ESB

Luke: Master Yoda, is the Dark Side stronger?
    Yoda: No, more seductive.

I think a combination of Palpatine clouding the Jedi's ability and TheCRZA's(sp?) theory works about right.

12. Darth_Stern

Darth_Stern Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2003
    As the dark side was gaining ascendancy to dominance, those who used the light side could not command the force to aid them as they once could.[face_dancing]

13. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Events beyond the Jedi's vision are starting to have a major influence on the galaxy.

The archives are representative of what's happening. We see the old, proud Jedi librarian, who seems to think that her archives are perfect, and that if there's a planet missing from them then it doesn't exist. However, when it is revealed that there is a mistake in the archives, the only explanation can be that the archives have been tampered with. This means that the integrity of the whole of the archives is called into question- or to put it another way, the Jedi's ability to use the archives has been diminished. Not because the Jedi can't see the archives anymore, but because the archives can no longer be relied upon.

Likewise, the Jedi only discover that something is wrong when they discover the existence of a clone army (on the "missing" planet, of course), which they were unaware of. If they didn't see that through the Force, then what else are they missing?

Think of the Force and the future as a ball. If it's moving, then you can tell where it's going to roll, what it's going to bounce off, and where it's going to end up. If I kick it, then it's still possible for me to predict exactly where it's going to roll, what it will bounce off etc. If it's a special ball that, for some reason, nobody else can kick, then I can be absolutely certain that I know exactly where it's going to go. I can even exercise complete control over where it's going to go. But if just one other person is able to kick this special ball, then my predictions suddenly become a whole lot less accurate; not because I've changed, or my kicking skills havbe changed, and not because anything to do with the ball has changed, but because there's another factor involved that completely changes the game.

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I think that by saying that, Mace was saying that if the Jedi let this go on so long without sensing it, they we're losing their ability and they couldn't be of any more use to the Republic.

15. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This is one of the more straight-forward lines in the PT.

Mace means what he says. They can't use the force as well as they could earlier.

Dictionaries are good!

This is almost a Ric Ollie line!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.