O.C, CA Our Chapters Name?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DUSHONI, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, the only problem I see with using "Orange Empire" is, I think, because the only people who say "orange curtain" are the ones in LA. I don't think most people around the rest of the country would understand the term. Of course, I usually just tell people I'm from the LA area anyway. It's a lot easier to say that than to tell them Orange County and then try to explain where that is. I usually end up telling them it's south of LA anyway.
  2. chibiangi Jedi Master

star 4
    But that's what makes it a funny inside joke :p
  3. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight

star 6
    Isn't Orange County famous now because of the movie with the same name that came out last year? ;)
  4. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Unfortunately, yes, I think it is. I think that movie also makes Orange County look much worse than it possibly could be, or at least the people that live here.
  5. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can't believe I let my friends talk me into wasting my $$$ on seeing "Orange County".

I like The Orange Empire the best, But i have no clue what The Orange Curtain is. Orange County Alliance is right up there on my favorites too, But if we are going to make a decision we should have a meeting where we all vote on our chapter's name.
  6. DUSHONI Jedi Master

star 4
    I really like Orange Empire and it seems like alot of other folks here do too....

What do you guys say?

ORANGE EMPIRE?
  7. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm cool with that if everyone else is!
  8. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Orange Curtain is just a reference that people from LA use, or so I hear, when they refer to Orange County. It has to do with the complete difference of ideals/opinions that people in OC have over the people of LA. Orange County is generally more conservative than LA. It's kind of a play on being behind "The Red Curtain".

As far as the Orange Empire for a name, I would prefer the Orange Alliance (Orange Empire just sounds funny to me), but if everyone else likes Orange Empire, than I'll go with it.
  9. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well everyone should post their ONE favorite and then we'll vote like this weekend or something.

PS-NE-1 know someone w/ the surname Addeman?
  10. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I agree. DUSHONI should set up a pol this weekend and then we would be able to vote on the name we want.
  11. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oops, I meant it's a reference to being behind "The Iron Curtain" not "The Red Curtain".
  12. darth_avery Jedi Youngling

star 3
    That's ok! I got the idea. I just finished Freshman world history and i feel pro when it comes to that kinda stuff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.