Det, MI Our city rep?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Idgie, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So far,Brad(royalguard96)has expressed an interest in being the city rep for our Fan Force.

Is there anyone else who is also interested or thinks they may be?If so,then we can figure out some way to have a fair election.

Note to potential candidates:my vote CAN be bought!:)j/k
  2. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sure, why not.

Put me in there too. I wouldn't mind.
  3. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    *sends money order to Idgie*

Now, you will see the truuuue nature of the force

[face_shocked]

8-}
  4. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oooooooooo dirty sith! ;-)
  5. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Always two there are, no more, no less.
  6. Idgie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay,so far that's two candidates:Brad and Bianca.

Anyone else?

So,now it's time for you two to hit the campaign trail.Let's hear those speeches!
  7. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Speeches? We have to write speeches? Man, I'm gonna lose out to the sports writer if we have to do that! :p

But if we're talking personality...I've got a great sense of humor. Can we say "Leia & Han" anyone? :cool:

8. Idgie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is there anyone else interested in running for the city rep position?

So far,we have royalguard96 and The Huntress Diana.If no one else has declared themselves by the weekend,are we okay to set up a poll over at the Yahoo site and begin voting?
  9. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Setting up a poll is a good idea, but how about if we use that in combination with a vote taken at the April 13 meeting? We can do one or the other, or combine both. Sound OK?
  10. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Setting up the poll first sounds like a good idea.

And then if we have more people show up at the meeting than we had vote on the poll, we can just take another vote there. We can just do a simple names in a bowl kind of thing and take a straight count.

Just remember, you must punch through completely or your vote will not count! Oh, sorry...brief flashback to Florida's voting fiasco. ;)

So, what say you?
  11. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    The problems with polls are people like me can stop by and vote, not knowing anything about any of the candidates...or I could really flood the poll with invalid votes if I log in using some of my sock accounts. The preferred way to vote your CR is to do so at your 3rd meeting by those in attendance. If you don't care whether or not it's a secret ballot, then posting a thread here and letting those people state who they want to be a CR would do, though personally would prefer keeping it off boards, via email.

Anyhow, once you've guys decided, the new CR needs to send me (or Bobafemme) his/her contact information (full name, username, email) and I'll get it to MysterySith/Hamma to get the person promoted to the lovely blue username colors. :)
  12. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, we weren't thinking of making the poll here (were we guys?). We've got an alternate way of setting up a poll, and stray voters can't just sneak in at the last moment.
  13. Idgie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Any online voting should probably done over at the Yahoo site.
  14. huttese1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think we should leave the voting for the 13th. I still might want to get in on the city rep action!
  15. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Sebulba X makes a good point. Perhaps we should save all the voting for the in-person meeting, because when it comes to polls online, you just never know. Anyone who posts that they cannot make the meeting could IM someone who isn't in the running to cast their vote. What do you guys think?
  16. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I say we vote on the 13th.

We could get a lot of votes from people not part of our group.

Plus we could pick up a couple of new people for our group by the 13th.
  17. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
  18. Idgie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Works for me. As of this meeting we will be an `official'FanForce.Cool,eh?

So do we get any free stuff?:)

BTW candidates,where are those stirring inspirational speeches that some of us may need to hear in order to make our decision?
  19. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    "Ask not what your clones can do for you. Ask what you can do for your clones!"

:cool:
  20. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that it should be a vote at the meeting. I'd really like to see a secret ballot so no one's feelings get hurt or anything.

As for the speeches, historical references are always good. Bianca, how about you? Maybe something from Ben Franklin or GW? lol

M.

21. huttese1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I have a dream that one day this Detroit FanForce will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed; we hold this "star filled space" to be self-evident that all star wars fans are created equal.

I have a dream,

That one day on the red hills of Detroit the sons of former jedi and the sons of the former empire will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream,

That one day even the state of Michigan, a state in the clutches of seperatist take over, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of star wars love and camaraderie.

I have a dream,

That my Detroit FanForce will one day live in a state where they will not be judged by their preference of Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, but by the content of their star wars loving character.

I'm also going to run...in case you didn't get it.
  22. FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling

star 1
    sniffles *wipes a tear from my eye, stands up clapping*....Bravo!

...Begun this City Rep War has...
  23. MiraxTHorn Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Good one, Huttese! Where would you be standing when you deliver this speech? The steps of the Bothan Memorial in Coruscant? You know, the one with the statue of a seated Bothan and lots of columns around it -one for each member of the Rebel Alliance at the time of their sacrifice.

M.

24. huttese1138 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Actually, I think I will use the P.A. system that runs the galaxy wide.
  25. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Two score and five years ago George Lucas brought forth on this planet a new vision, written in pencil on legal pads, and dedicated to the idea that a new modern mythology was needed.

Now, we are engaged in great anticipation, testing our strengths and weaknesses as to whether we shall remain spoiler free or go forth and consume all one can in the name of The Force. We are meeting often, in anticipation of the newest addition to Lucas? mythology. We will come together to certain portions of the State of Michigan, the Southeast region of the Lower Peninsula to be exact, for as long as we are able, as a culmination of those who wish to give their lives more meaning through The Force. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

It is for us to be here dedicated to the great task before us ? that from George Lucas we take increased devotion to the cause for which he gave his greatest measure of devotion; that we here highly resolve that he shall not have tried in vain; that this section of Southeast Lower Michigan, under The Force shall have a new birth; and that The Force of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from thought."

::bows slightly:: Thank You. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.